Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Literature > Books to movies
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nas

Books to movies

Which do you prefer? The original book or the movie? What's your favorite movie based on a book you read?
I prefer the book, I prefer the original story. My favorite movie based on a book would have to be Count of Monte Cristo. Although the book had so much more, they presented the movie pretty well.
What do you think?

I know you better than you think I do-don't
worry dear, this is why I fell in love with you.
The man in the looking glass, is looking back
at you at last. You can't hide from the truth
because the truth is all there is.
And the truth hurts because the truth is all there is.
I realized some time ago, that I would have to let you go...
- Handsome Boy Modeling School
*d-30

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-22-2002 03:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nas Click here to Send nas a Private Message Visit nas's homepage! Find more posts by nas Add nas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

there are a few movies that i felt did the book justice... but most of the time the movie butchered the book...
in my opinion... The fellowship of the rings was done pretty nicely... even though i didn't like how Gandalf was portayed thats my only misgiving i have with the movie...

on the other hand... the Count of Monte Cristo was not done justice...

most all the time i perfer the book...

Old Post 10-22-2002 03:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nas

quote:
Originally posted by TyGer STyLe

on the other hand... the Count of Monte Cristo was not done justice...

most all the time i perfer the book...

I guess because I saw the movie before the book, and that itself was pretty good, but I enjoyed the book more.

I know you better than you think I do-don't
worry dear, this is why I fell in love with you.
The man in the looking glass, is looking back
at you at last. You can't hide from the truth
because the truth is all there is.
And the truth hurts because the truth is all there is.
I realized some time ago, that I would have to let you go...
- Handsome Boy Modeling School
*d-30

Old Post 10-22-2002 04:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nas Click here to Send nas a Private Message Visit nas's homepage! Find more posts by nas Add nas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jj2
JSL Member

oh, i didnt know 'the count of monte cristo' was from a book?! -_-;; that was a pretty good movie i must say. hmm...lesse...i think it's hard to say which one's better cause they're both different in their own unique way...like books allow u to imagine whereas in movies, u get to see all the special effects and see whether it came close to what u had pictured in ur head. 'lord of the rings' was awesome...but i never read the book LOL it's too long!

Old Post 10-22-2002 01:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jj2 Click here to Send Jj2 a Private Message Find more posts by Jj2 Add Jj2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dekkai
I.D.I.O.T

Re: Books to movies

quote:
Originally posted by nas
Which do you prefer? The original book or the movie? What's your favorite movie based on a book you read?
I prefer the book, I prefer the original story. My favorite movie based on a book would have to be Count of Monte Cristo. Although the book had so much more, they presented the movie pretty well.
What do you think?

I didn't watch the count of monte cristo tough I liked the book a lot

well, I don't know, I think it's better to watch the movie of lord of the rings other than read it coz it's narrative is exhausting

I saw a part of "ana karenina" once but I haven't had the chance to read the book

Old Post 10-23-2002 04:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dekkai Click here to Send Dekkai a Private Message Visit Dekkai's homepage! Find more posts by Dekkai Add Dekkai to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
untouchable
cuz im ur #1

the book is much better. the movie chops off parts, alters characters and certain situations, and when it comes out it is distinctly different from the book itself. i always get disappointed when i go to watch movies adapted from the books i read before.

Old Post 10-28-2002 11:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for untouchable Click here to Send untouchable a Private Message Visit untouchable's homepage! Find more posts by untouchable Add untouchable to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote