Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > Homework Help > thesis question ---> about texas
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MellowYellow

Question thesis question ---> about texas

alright here it is... i have to write a 5 page paper about anything in history from colonization untill before the civil war. and this is the pathetic topic i think up of. .. the topic is annexation of texas

How did the annexation of Texas affect the United States
it affected the election ofo 1844
affected border disputes
mexican war

below the question.. are 3 "points" i'm going to explain

any suggestions on change of thesis question (still pertaining to the topic)...i would appreciate.. if you might have a couple of points to go with that new thesis quesiton... great too

if you think this thesis question is fine (for the intellectually challenged like myself.....aka mentally retarded) and you can help me with the 3 points have to make that would be greatly appreciated

and if i get no help... i'm fine with that too.... lol... cuz then i'll blindly go on my way and write the paper....

oh yea.. and if you're responding AFTER december 20th... just don't bother... lol

NOTE: my paper isn't due until after winter break... but my outline is due before winter break..... just so you know i can still make the paper good.. and it's not last minute.. well not exactly.....lol

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-19-2002 03:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

perhaps you can go into the fact that the Annexation of Texas was another symbol of American expansion (Manifest Destiny), and growing american power.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 12-19-2002 05:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

see that's the kind of thinking and applying i can't seem to do.. my friend thought up this great thesis about proslavery people...

thanks vicky

i think i'll scrap the mexican american war... cuz it's too complicated.... i'll mention it though

and keep the other two.. and add what you said instead.. make it into a...

it affected the nations... opinions... about.... yea... lmao... i'll do something... lol.....confident about... derrr....

eh... wutever

Last edited by MellowYellow on 12-19-2002 at 07:52 AM

Old Post 12-19-2002 07:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

You could talk about how Northern states didn't like the idea of the annexation of Texas because the South could make several Slave states out of it and the balance of power would be off.

Old Post 12-19-2002 09:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
You could talk about how Northern states didn't like the idea of the annexation of Texas because the South could make several Slave states out of it and the balance of power would be off.

yea thats a big one.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 12-20-2002 01:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote