Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Cars > decisions, decisions...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

decisions, decisions...

seeing how as i got a '90 honda accord lx...with a shitty engine.
i was thinking about going with a jdm engine swap.
but i can't decide on which...

should i go for more power like h22a4?
or should i stand-out from the crowd and go for a f20b?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-14-2002 06:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

f20b..my choice
Accord Type R engine heh? i think its rated around like 200hp. thats not bad. if i were you i would get it. its just that i hope you dont have problems importing it here, and all the other us customs shit. i was wondering ... is it possible to stick a 3S-GTE in a 91 accord shell? or a SW20.

Props To Huby

Old Post 07-15-2002 02:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

Re: decisions, decisions...

quote:
Originally posted by volcom strider

ooooh.. japanese engines....... nice

ok before all these other people start bashin on you because you have an import .. here i go..

japanese engines... expensive.. generally harder to find.. and parts for those cars are more expensive .... talk to ryosuke.. he supposedly can find cheap engines or parts or something.. i forget

why not just go with the udsm h22 swap?? i know it'll be cheaper and upgrading those parts will be a lot cheaper and easier... with some money you can do a lot with that particular engine and make some power... i hope you got some cash.. swaps are not cheap

just my 2 cents..

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 07-15-2002 03:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

http://infinitemotorsports.net/index.html
http://www.streetimports.com/homepage.htm

:- \
but i dont know...

Old Post 07-15-2002 05:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

Re: decisions, decisions...

quote:
Originally posted by volcom strider

my honest opinion would be that, if you were to buy an accord..

The amount of work to make it 'fast' by drag racing standards [which is what most "street racing" is] is way too much.

Even with a type-R or Prelude motor swap.. you're still probably running under 250 horses. Which, really isnt that much for a 3200lb car.

If you spend that 2-4k on a turbo kit, by lets say Greddy [which I think is dog shit btw] for your prelude swap, you'll get an additional 65horses @8lbs of boost.

300 ish horses, still not incredible for the car weight.

The average domestic that races, will have at least a small block 350 and it'll weigh about as much as your accord.

Old Post 07-15-2002 11:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

i really dont think that car is that heavy.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 07-15-2002 05:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

3100 - 3300lbs is as heavy as any mid 70's american muscle

Old Post 07-15-2002 10:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

i just want it fast enough to beat riced out 4-bangers.

(my definition of riced out- car kits, neon lights, spoilers, no performance 'cept exhausts and rims w/ tires...oh yeah, gay paint jobs with stickers)

Last edited by volcom strider on 07-16-2002 at 06:51 AM

Old Post 07-16-2002 06:42 AM
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

http://carpoint.msn.com/vip/specifi...300&src=vip

Old Post 07-16-2002 06:56 AM
Prototype

http://carpoint.msn.com/vip/specifi...800&src=vip

edited because I didnt read.

hmm..

How much are you willing to spend?

Last edited by Prototype on 07-16-2002 at 01:57 PM

Old Post 07-16-2002 12:38 PM
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

read first statement...

or if you dont want to scroll up read below (your option) -

i got a shitty stock engine. just 4 days ago, i had to get a dist. assembly and spark plugs. that engine has 174,770 miles, and your suggesting that i put a turbo in it? -_-; (would please politely explain ytf i should turbo that engine [described above] in my car?) i need car wisdom here.

Old Post 07-16-2002 01:35 PM