Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Sports and Fitness > Martial Arts
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tm11
down by law

yeah haha, i do know that, i did want to say that anyways.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-23-2002 09:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K-1FAN

I have known Master Gedo Chan for quite long time. As far as I can remember, he was always so polite, sincere, and kind person. He has helped many people with their life struggles in general, in and out side of Martial Arts. It was VERY surprised to hear about this post, and about his son were the most gentle, quiet kids. I still believe to be a TRUE Master, the one must go through HARD INTENSE training that include mental, most of the time A LOT MORE mental than physical. There are some great AMERICAN Martial Artists out there who trained hard to get to where they are, however, I have to agree MANY of them are after money, fame, and abusing the world of Martial Arts, perhaps they do not even know that they are doing it. That is the sorry part! I have once met an American guy who was running a Karate Dojo, and wearing 8th degree Black Belt. He looked quite young, but I was impressed by his accomplishment untill he made a sad statement to me..."Yeah, so do not mess with me". What kind of 8th degree "Master" will say such thing to a potential student? or to general public? He is worse than white belt, or some red neck in a bar trying to pick a fight. He still had that kind of mind.....very sad american guy.

Old Post 02-28-2004 02:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for K-1FAN Find more posts by K-1FAN Add K-1FAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

What kind of martial arts are taught in the military?

Old Post 03-07-2004 07:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kvngreen

Real thing, but....

The only BEST REAL FIGHTING is FULL CONTACT, NO PADS, NO GUARD. FORGET ABOUT THE PROTECTION. GO BONE TO BONE!

If NOT.....

Well, K-1 or MUI THAI BOXING.

JYU JYUTSU is also VERY REAL, which would be SUPER if you can combine the full contact boxing style along with it. You should only fear your wife/husband, and the bullet then!

Forget about Tae Kwon stuff, or Monkey Kung-Fu stuff, which they are pretty to watch like a dance, and does you many other good.

Last edited by Kvngreen on 04-14-2004 at 04:05 AM

Old Post 04-14-2004 03:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kvngreen Click here to Send Kvngreen a Private Message Find more posts by Kvngreen Add Kvngreen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kvngreen

Military

In Military, they first learned how to do take down, and joint lock skills from Asian Masters. They learn to be a killer . They do not lean about morality, respect, patient, self-improvement and etc. You can be an idiot, and still learn to kill.

There is no secret in militarry or police technique. You can learn much deeper skills by becoming a martial artist. It WAS secret in China/Japan/Korea for a long long time. But not any more. Everyone can learn martial arts. It is helpful if you had an asian back ground. Because your thinking is ready even before you start the lesson. Most foreigners only care about being a killer, probably better off joining a military then.

Martial Arts came from ASIA period. Then, foregin military learned from them. Lot of foreigners copied, and even tried to modify it by making some of their "own" whatever technique in just few days! thinking they are the true master!

This happens a lot in the US. Like the other post on this forum..."Yellow belt start their own school for money, or showing off how little they know". "People can buy Black belt at some store, or every month promotion, instead of having a patience to earn it over the years of hard sweat and blood, etc.....

Last edited by Kvngreen on 04-14-2004 at 04:09 AM

Old Post 04-14-2004 03:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kvngreen Click here to Send Kvngreen a Private Message Find more posts by Kvngreen Add Kvngreen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*~JoEy~*
. . .

quote:
Originally posted by KPak-NC
I want to take this fighting style that originated from Brazil.

Anyone played Tekken 4? Know that girl that does all that breakdancing type fight style? Thats the fighting i want to learn....

Capoeira originated in Africa not Brazil, and you guys are thinking of capoeira regional the more acrobatic, fancy move capoeira which is more showy then capoeira angola which is more low to the ground and close packed. If you ever take capoeira i suggest you take angola. . . uless you wanna do flips and flares~

But yea anywaise i took tae kwon do, wushu and capoeira

Scream!!! FOB Style

Old Post 05-03-2004 06:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for *~JoEy~* Click here to Send *~JoEy~* a Private Message Visit *~JoEy~*'s homepage! Find more posts by *~JoEy~* Add *~JoEy~* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

If there's one style I'd love to learn, it'd be Wing Chun. I'm just fascinated by it.

Old Post 05-04-2004 04:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Re: Military

quote:
Originally posted by Kvngreen
They learn to be a killer . They do not lean about morality, respect, patient, self-improvement and etc. You can be an idiot, and still learn to kill.

Ok this is the exact opposite of what the Marine recruiter told me about the Marines.

Old Post 05-05-2004 12:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

Dude, the Marine recruiter is gonna fill your head with propaganda bullshit that will just get you to want to join the Marines.

Of course, you shoulda told him you're more fit to join the Air Force.

Old Post 05-05-2004 12:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote