Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > north korea / south korea
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tm11
down by law

north korea / south korea

what do people think about North Korea and it's relations to South Korea. S. Korea recently sent an envoy to N. Korea, but what does everyone think will happen in the future. I don't know too much about this but i consider this to be an important topic nonetheless....

discuss....

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-14-2002 06:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lovedontloveme

I'll share my views when I actually know more about relations between South Korea and North Korea. Currently I know NOTHING. LOL.

Old Post 04-15-2002 08:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lovedontloveme Click here to Send lovedontloveme a Private Message Visit lovedontloveme's homepage! Find more posts by lovedontloveme Add lovedontloveme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

I think they will unite. It's pretty much inevitable. North Korea's failing and needs support. I don't know the details like what type of government, who will rule, or what road they'll take to get there. I just know that they'll unite one day.

Old Post 04-18-2002 01:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

Tong Eel

Old Post 04-19-2002 11:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i don't see how S. Korea would benefit if they did unite. S. Korea has one of the fastest growing markets in the world right now, correct? I think so, and by joining with N. Korea might help them but they don't need it and i think it'd be counterproductive. Only good on face, but not below. I don't think they will, and i don't think they should.

Old Post 04-19-2002 01:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

i didn't say unite right now i just mean unite eventually some time in the future

Old Post 04-19-2002 02:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

oh yeah, sorry that wasn't directed at you huby ^^;. I just mean in general i don't see a benefit arising anytime. Unless they both become economically sound and then unite to be a greater nation. S. Korea shouldn't have to lower in economic virtue or whatever in order to unite with n. korea.

Old Post 04-19-2002 02:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
panda boi
im a boy

east and west germany united and they seem to be doing pretty good so why not korea unite?

credits to sHiNHaWk

Old Post 04-19-2002 03:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for panda boi Click here to Send panda boi a Private Message Find more posts by panda boi Add panda boi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i don't know anything about east and west germany. The point i'm making is that one shoulding unite simply for the sake of the name (i.e. korea)

Old Post 04-19-2002 03:20 PM
annabanana
Food Moderator

North Korea is too poor and they are a communist country also. If North Korea is reunited to South Korea, then that'll just bring the whole South Korea economy down. I think they should stay separate countries or be like a neutral "North Carolina, South Carolina" thing.

Old Post 04-22-2002 10:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Korean boy

my friend said that south korea these days are having so much riot's and stuff that s korean might turn into a communist country i dont know if this is true or not but thats what i heard. And also S korea is not doing so well with money and more i wonderd if Skorea and Nkorea made into 1 korea would make the money go down more and more problems might happen

Old Post 04-23-2002 06:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Korean boy Click here to Send Korean boy a Private Message Visit Korean boy's homepage! Find more posts by Korean boy Add Korean boy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sweetboy

the protest/riots i heard about skorea was when president bush was visiting...they didnt like the fact that he called nkorea an "Axis of Evil" cuz they believe bush is hurting their chances of reunification...

Old Post 04-23-2002 03:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sweetboy Click here to Send sweetboy a Private Message Find more posts by sweetboy Add sweetboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Akira

Blah

North Korea would so over run SK in like two days. SK has a hell lot better soldiers but NK has a hell lot better weapons. The only reason SK is sucking up to NK is so that we don't get killed. The only reason NK doesn't attack cause the USA would back up NK. itz ova. ITz ova.

Old Post 04-24-2002 10:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Akira Click here to Send Akira a Private Message Visit Akira's homepage! Find more posts by Akira Add Akira to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-jzn-
HwanHee Wannabe

i think that north korea wouldn't be able to hold it's own in a war with the south.... It wouldn't be able to keep it's soldiers fed. Can't nuke either... and I bet their machines are all in disrepair because of funding. They can't even nuke either.

Old Post 04-25-2002 02:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for -jzn- Click here to Send -jzn- a Private Message Find more posts by -jzn- Add -jzn- to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i don't think S. Korea can nuke either. I believe they just have progressed ballistic missiles's and other assorted carrying missiles or whatever that could be used for nukes. They may have some fissile materials but i don't think they have nukes yet.

Old Post 04-25-2002 03:02 PM
tm11
down by law

S. Korea does not have nukes.

Nuclear Activity in the north was to have stopped in the Agreed Framework, where we give them 2 light-water reactors that can't be made into weapons, in exchange for them halting all nuclear development.

So... we don't really know. They haven't done any testing, and if they were gonna have nukes, they would do testing, cuz they want to make sure their nukes work.

Last edited by tm11 on 04-25-2002 at 03:57 PM

Old Post 04-25-2002 03:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brian

That's a common viewpoint:

If East and West Germany united, why not North and South Korea?

First, both countries were well off both economically and socially. Second, the people of the two Germanies wanted the two countries to unite.
Third, when the two united in 1989, the Russian government was under Mikhail Gorbachev(?), who was very liberal and started free trade and slowly changed the USSR into a democracy, which was later run under the leadership of Boris Yeltsin.

Unfortunately, those wonderful circumstances don't hold true in Korea. We have the world's most heavily guarded border. The people of South Korea seem to have an air of indifference about uniting. They just don't care about it. Also, with Bush, a hinderance to N/S Korea talks, in place as prez of the US, the North Korean government is even more unhappy.

I think we can all agree on this:

If Clinton, who became congenial towards the North Koreans and helped them, could only help so far to help the two Koreas unite, what can Bush do... look at what he's done: he called them an axis of evil, he also implied in countless post-9/11 speeches that North Korea was a terrorist nation and branded them liars.

Goes to show how much power the US has in these affairs (since they have military presence in S. Korea, and the ROK isn't about to give them up so easily)

Old Post 05-13-2002 05:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for brian Click here to Send brian a Private Message Find more posts by brian Add brian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

yeah, bush really f*cked up any progress that was made by Clinton, which is just really sad too... he cut off all talks going on between the Koreas, because Clinton did a decent job of keeping up communication and negotiation, but no... Bush is doing a terrible job...

Old Post 05-13-2002 05:23 PM
MellowYellow

quote:
Originally posted by krnxswat
Tong Eel

yea so serious....

but yea..... bush is the biggest idiot ever..... he lets his mouth just run like the river...... the reason he's making such a big deal about the afghanistan thing... is because of another issue (which sounds bad) that he wants to slowly introduce.... which is.... "money to christian churches".... wtf is that? i'm christian... but that's just not fair to the other religions... religious freedom mang! no favoring -__

and... yes about the border thing... who cares... borders can be broken... noh?..... and yea bush fawked things up... 3 years ago when i went to korea.... everyone was talking "oh ship nyun mahn eh tong eehl" (united in 50 years) .... it was such a big deal when i was in korea summer of 2000 ..... SUCH a big deal.... seeing the prezs talking and shaking hands on tv all the time

but now.... ugh i'm so mad at bush... who thinks gore should have won? not me.... we should be able to take clinton back... who cares if he got lucky and the whole world knows about it? haha jp... but that's beside the point

circumstances have changed since 2000.... and it's not the best time for skorea and nkorea to unite.... and skorea's economy is still low... and nkorea.. is like..... the pitz.... so add them together... and an even worse economy....

nevertheless i really want tong eehl..... you koreans... aren't you embarrassed? that even koreans can't get along with each other? while one suffers the other one doesn't care?

Old Post 05-13-2002 08:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote