Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Music > utada hikaru's true reason for marriage... ?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
saranghae

utada hikaru's true reason for marriage... ?

i heard this from a friend... they told me the reason why hikaru married so soon was cuz of her father. her father often abused her of her money... she didn't have that of a good relationship with him so she wanted to leave him and got married. i don't knoe if this is true... but has anyone heard this too?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-16-2002 02:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StaRliTeDr3amEr

omg! realli. isnt the dude she married like really rich too? hmm.. i dunno. sumone tell us!

Old Post 10-16-2002 03:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for StaRliTeDr3amEr Find more posts by StaRliTeDr3amEr Add StaRliTeDr3amEr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

wow.. if this troo.. tuff life.. oofzz so anyone else got more info?? i wannuh kno more!!

Old Post 10-16-2002 03:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

i posted this in another topic but i'll just paste it here again!

--------------------------
TOKYO: Japan's leading pop star Hikaru Utada, known for hit albums such as "First Love," on Friday married her video director Kazuaki Kiriya by registering at a government office, her Japanese record label Toshiba-EMI Ltd announced.

The U.S.-born 19-year-old is one of Japan's top-selling female artists. She met Kiriya, aged 34 and also a photographer, two years ago, and they have collaborated on producing music videos and photographing covers for Utada's CDs.

"Having a new force with me, I'll keep working as diligently as before," Utada said in a statement. "I thought this moment, when I resume my music career after a period of rest, is the best time to begin a new life."

Utada was hospitalized in early April and surgeons removed a benign tumor from one of her ovaries. She posted personal messages on her Web site as she recuperated, and is aiming for a full return to the music scene.

"This is a marriage before I am blessed with a baby," she added in the statement, likely referring to a celebrity trend in which stars such as Namie Amuro, who shot to fame in the mid-1990s, have tied the knot after getting pregnant.

On her web site, Utada said some may wonder at her decision to marry at a young age, but stressed her decision came naturally from her desire to spend her life with the one she loves.

Kiriya, whose real name is Kazuhiro Iwashita, was born in Kumamoto Prefecture in southwestern Japan. He directed recent Utada videos including the singles "Final Distance," "Traveling" and "Deep River." He mainly works in Tokyo and New York.

Kiriya described in the August issue of monthly advertising critique magazine Kokoku Hihyo that Utada's appeal lies in her great blend of intellect and talent.

Born in New York, Utada debuted in December 1998 with the instant hit "Automatic."

"First Love," her first album, was released in 1999 and is the top-selling album in Japan at about 8.7 million copies. Her latest song collection, "Deep River," was released in June. (Kyodo News)
------------------

Old Post 10-16-2002 08:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

Re: utada hikaru's true reason for marriage... ?

quote:
Originally posted by saranghae
i heard this from a friend... they told me the reason why hikaru married so soon was cuz of her father. her father often abused her of her money... she didn't have that of a good relationship with him so she wanted to leave him and got married. i don't knoe if this is true... but has anyone heard this too?

its not true at all...thats the worst thing i ever heard!! haha she wanted to get married because she loved him and she wanted to spend her life with him. cos she just has an operation on her ovaries and she says she realizes how precious life is so she wants to spend it with someone she loves.

Old Post 10-16-2002 08:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jj2
JSL Member

but IF it was true...then that'd be really dumb...like why would u want to go through all that? o well...

Old Post 10-16-2002 09:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jj2 Click here to Send Jj2 a Private Message Find more posts by Jj2 Add Jj2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

owow.. thas crazieee

Old Post 10-16-2002 12:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

pics of her and her husband.

Old Post 10-16-2002 06:17 PM
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

her parents are on the right. her dad is wearing sunglasses! she is singing a contract with Island Def Jam of Universal Music Group for starting her english career.

She is shaking hands with George Bush. Japanese prime minister Koizumi can be seen on the left.

Old Post 10-16-2002 06:22 PM
Nojeel

utada hikaru is the bomb..she's the only japanese singer i like..rest of them all too teeny bobberish..and at least she can speak english..the rest just TRIES too..

Old Post 10-16-2002 06:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nojeel Click here to Send Nojeel a Private Message Find more posts by Nojeel Add Nojeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

quote:
Originally posted by Nojeel
utada hikaru is the bomb..she's the only japanese singer i like..rest of them all too teeny bobberish..and at least she can speak english..the rest just TRIES too..

yea and on top of that she writes her own music. its all original stuff. usually she writes her lyrics in english before translating them to Japanese. she is one girl that has my respect!!

Old Post 10-16-2002 06:48 PM
Street RSX

wow..thas tight!! utada signed wit def jam of universal!! shizz crazieeeee!!!! she kikass!!

Old Post 10-16-2002 07:55 PM
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

wow she's 19 and he's 34...... big difference, but all the best luck to them! yeah i agree wit everyone dat she's got talent!!!

Old Post 10-16-2002 08:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

aww... the look soo cute!

i thought it mite not be true too... cuz i read this article and it said they really love each other... hmm... i guess i'll post it up here:

It was a quickie for Hikky. Pop diva and singer of Japan's all-time
best-selling song Hikaru Utada has tied the knot -- at only 19! And she's
not even pregnant. While some say nuptials were a natural for the teen pop
queen, others say her tender years leave a soft spot open for attack some
time down the track, according to Shukan Shincho (9/19).

"When I first heard that Utada had announced on her website that she was
married, I was utterly shocked," an entertainment editor for a sports
newspaper tells Shukan Shincho. "But, honestly, I had no idea who her
husband was."

Hikky's heart was stolen by Kazuaki Kiritani, a supposedly famous New
York-based photographer even though few have ever heard of him. He is 15
years the singer's senior. Hikaru and Kiritani met about two years ago when
he was selected to help design her CD jacket and shoot a music video.

They apparently hit it off in much the same way Hikaru's sudden appearance
on the music scene tickled Japanese fans to the tune of 2.5 million sales of
her debut single and 8 million copies shipped for her first album.

"Kiritani's spent years in the United States and Utada was born there," the
editor says. "It's like they were made for each other."

Most believed Kiritani had pulled off a coup by wooing the diminutive diva,
but that's not necessarily the case.

"His family runs about 30 pachinko parlors and is one of the richest in the
prefecture. Annual sales are about 1.2 billion yen," a friend from
Kiritani's junior high school days in Kumamoto tells Shukan Shincho.
"Knowing that he'd inherit it all and would only have to make sure customers
had enough balls to play with would make him wealthy, he suddenly came out
one day in the second year of junior high and said, 'I'm going to America.'
His grades were fairly good and he'd often talked about how he was going to
study at posh colleges. But he hated our school rules that everybody had to
have a crew cut. He never followed it. Perhaps it was this rule that made
him want to study overseas."

Kiritani entered university in the United States, but dropped out shortly
afterward. He then studied computer graphics before becoming a photographer.

"Having captured the popular Utada's heart, everybody is raving on about how
great a photographer he is and what a fantastic eye he has for shots. But,
when you look at it, he couldn't even complete his degree. It sounds good
that he's based in New York, but when it comes to the crunch, he's nothing
more than an unknown photographer," entertainment journalist Yuichi
Hirabayashi tells Shukan Shincho. "He's supposedly had a few shots published
in music and fashion magazines since he's come back to Japan, but if he was
really as famous as everybody's making him out to be, he'd never stoop so
low for work that pays so little. Actually, his reputation within the
industry is, and I'm sorry to say this, hardly the greatest."

Maybe Kiritani's standing may not be the greatest in professional circles,
but he gets a good rap in other areas -- which may not be such good news for
Hikky.

"Women adore him," a magazine editor tells Shukan Shincho in a statement
that alarms the sports rag's entertainment editor.

"If that's true, I'm worried that Utada will end up being the next (waning
pop singer Namie) Amuro. Amuro and (former husband) Sam had an age gap of 16
years. Maybe Utada should have waited until she was a bit older before she
decided to get married," he says.

Journalist Hirabayashi also sees parallels with Amuro, but disagrees that
Utada should have waited to wed.

"She was supposed to try her luck in the United States, but her chances of
succeeding there were almost zero. As a singer, she probably had another two
more years of popularity at best," he tells Shukan Shincho. "If that's the
case, she can feel safe being married to the son of a wealthy man. While
everybody is saying Hikaru married too early, it may well have been a very
astute choice on her part."

and here's about her honeymoon:

Hikaru Utada (19), who shocked us all when she married video director Kazuaki Kiriya (34) on September 6th, has been enjoying her honeymoon. It turns out that the honeymoon, which began on September 6th after getting married, spanned several countries with London as the first stop and New York as the last. The 26 day honeymoon ended this week. According to people on the plane, the two newlyweds were inseparable as they sat in first class, laughing with each other and being harmonious.

Old Post 10-17-2002 12:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

wow shes dun everything!!! wuhtz there she hasnt sun yet?? damnzz.. and yoo 2 are so informative!! haha thankzz!!

Old Post 10-17-2002 02:14 AM
saranghae

quote:
Originally posted by Street RSX
and yoo 2 are so informative!! haha thankzz!!

aww... haha

Old Post 10-17-2002 02:40 AM
Street RSX

quote:

aww... haha

yup!! good job!!

Old Post 10-17-2002 02:57 AM
saranghae

nah... its helen... haha... i'm juss copying and pasting ^^

Old Post 10-17-2002 03:02 AM
Street RSX

quote:
nah... its helen... haha... i'm juss copying and pasting ^^

pshhhh i said both of yooo!!

Old Post 10-17-2002 03:17 AM
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

yea we both informative! ^_^

Old Post 10-17-2002 10:19 AM