Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Friends and Family > I'm worried
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dreaming_of_you

Unhappy I'm worried

I'm so worried about my girl....she is one of my best friends and i'm scared she's anorexic. She is only about 90 pounds and she's super skinny...She complains she's to fat and needs to go on a diet.. The most i've ever seen her eat was two tiny slices of pizza and with that she drank Coke. She claims that she eats at home but i dunno. What do u think? U think she's anorexic? If you do..then what should i say or to to help her

Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-07-2004 02:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dreaming_of_you Click here to Send dreaming_of_you a Private Message Visit dreaming_of_you's homepage! Find more posts by dreaming_of_you Add dreaming_of_you to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AZN Pinoy BOI
..:SeNsei-Kun

tell a grown up like ur parents or someone about her problem because u never know if she does or not

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Old Post 03-07-2004 03:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AZN Pinoy BOI Click here to Send AZN Pinoy BOI a Private Message Visit AZN Pinoy BOI's homepage! Find more posts by AZN Pinoy BOI Add AZN Pinoy BOI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

She probably is.

How long have you been around her for her eating two slices of pizza? Like, what is the time period, months, weeks, or...? She knows you love her the way she is right now, so any sway you have without any sort of threat will probably not do anything. Like, if you tell her you do not like it, what she does, she may take that in and feel badly about it but she most likely will not do anything about it because she knows that you are there anyway, and she can live with your disapproval. But, can she live with you leaving her? threaten, and follow through. Tell her parents i suppose, anything that would be a big threat to her. Something that would give her the motivation to go against what she wants for herself and make her stop.

Unless talks are frequent, the possibility of her trying to stop might leave her mind. Do not let her forget it, do not let her block it out of her mind.

She probably knows what the risks are of it. Scaring her with effects of anything like that would probably not do anything. It might though. I am just saying, coming up to her being the makeshift doctor with a list of horrible consequences that could incur may not do anything, and maybe annoying to her. She could possibly not even care about the consequences.

If you are scared of confrontation, i think you are in a fix. Telling her parents on the notion of speculation might be bad. You need to be sure, and if you cannot confront her, find someone who can.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 03-07-2004 at 08:20 PM

Old Post 03-07-2004 08:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Well it's better to tell her parents and find out she isn't than to not tell her parents and something bad happens to her.

Old Post 03-09-2004 01:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Yes, good point. I agree.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 03-09-2004 07:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

a good way to tell if shes anorexic is to wave hamburgers in her face and scream "eat it"

Old Post 03-09-2004 11:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by ajy
a good way to tell if shes anorexic is to wave hamburgers in her face and scream "eat it"

lol

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 03-10-2004 01:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
princesszinza

if she's super skinny and doesn't eat at home, dontcha think her parents have noticed?

pizza & a coke doesn't sound like an anorexic's lunch....now if she had 2 rice cakes & a diet coke, or salad w/out dressing and tea.........

Old Post 03-10-2004 08:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for princesszinza Click here to Send princesszinza a Private Message Find more posts by princesszinza Add princesszinza to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by princesszinza
if she's super skinny and doesn't eat at home, dontcha think her parents have noticed?

pizza & a coke doesn't sound like an anorexic's lunch....now if she had 2 rice cakes & a diet coke, or salad w/out dressing and tea.........

It happens, sometimes parents don't pay much attention to their kids.

Old Post 03-16-2004 12:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote