Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Enlightenment > hierarchy of intelligence
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
micron
all i need is a miracle

hierarchy of intelligence

the genius: comes up with the new idea
the bright: applies the idea into technology
the mass: uses the technology
the dim: has no clue whatsoever

assess the validity of this statement

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-18-2002 09:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

not true, a lot of inventions were made by accident.

Old Post 06-18-2002 11:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by huby40

that is very true. like gun powder was thought to be the powder of eternal life or somethin like that but instead can make one hell of a bang ^^.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 06-19-2002 01:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by huby40

that doens't mean the person who accidentally discovered it wasn't a genius. Because the person who found the use of it by accident could very well have been a genius and thus apply to the original post's formula.

Of course there's the other side of this.

I think that idea in the original post is a hard one to make work in real life perfectly, but it can lay down some infrastructure to it. There are gray areas and whatnot, but that is loosely the idea on a general level most often i think.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 06-19-2002 01:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Re: hierarchy of intelligence

quote:
Originally posted by jusunlee

assess the validity of this statement

there is definately a great deal of overlap between these categories

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 06-19-2002 02:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micron
all i need is a miracle

well. i came up with this because i believe that what denotes a genius from an intellegent person is the fact that geniuses are able to come up with original ideas; ideas that are never thought of before. however, to most of us, our way of thought is heavily influenced by society and only in very rare cases do we come up with an original idea never thought of by others before us. to put this into perspective, lets look at the womens right movement. prior to the 1800s, women did not grasp to concept of equality and hence did not question their place in society. however, once the idea of equality was introduced, people began to question and take action to fulfill this idea. ...this pattern of thought is present throughout history; people strived and worked to realize ideas, including the idea of flight, internet (networking), communication (telephony).

however, the originator of the idea (the genius) hardly recieve any credit, as he is usually much ahead of his time, and without the technological means to make the idea practical. instead, practicality of the idea is achieved by people who are not geniuses themselves, but have an open mind and eye (the bright), gaining wealth and fame at the same time. for instance, the idea of the possiblity of networking computers was present ever since the development of computers. even so, we do not know and cannot pin point the originator of this brilliant idea. instead, people like vincent cerf, who helped develop tcp/ip, the main protocol used by computers to communicate with each other, and tim berner-lee, who invented the world wide web (the hypertext part of the internet), are credited and praised.

...then comes the average person, who mindlessly uses the technology. and the dim, who, either do not have the mental capacity or the interest to appreciate the idea and technology.

eh. im doing a horrible job explaining.

Old Post 06-19-2002 04:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

u have a weird definition of a genius. what u say is a genius i like to call more of a 'revolutionary.' people who come up with new ideas.

Last edited by huby40 on 06-19-2002 at 07:57 PM

Old Post 06-19-2002 02:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

i think this is hazy bcuz there are many ways to define "genius." there's "smart", but then do u mean smart like academically smart (someone hu gets really good grades in school) or clever (someone who may not do very well in school but is still clever).

i guess this has to do with learning capacity...but then pplz hu come up with ideas aren't necessarily always geniuses. actually, i think the genius and bright roles should be switched because a really smart person (a genius) wud recognize that they have an opportunity to do something with this bright idea

ehhh...did i make any sense? :huh:

Old Post 06-20-2002 07:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

why do you try to think so complicated?

some inventions were thought up by i guess.....your dim category.... or what i would like to call them.... simpletons.... their way of thinking is SO simple that they come up with stuff the genious would never think of.... ya know practical stuff that are kind of "DUH" after you think about them... but you would have never thought of either way cuz it's just that simple.......

but i can agree with jusun on some of that stuff....

in our society there are the instigators... and the innovators.... and then... the general public... and then the simpletons...

... yea mine's basically the same as jusun's...

i just think the terms you used to describe each "category" is too... uhm... narrow? i dunno or maybe overlapping or i dunno haha .... i'm done

Old Post 06-20-2002 07:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
neXt

geniuses can also be ones that come up with extremely clever/creative implementation of a mediocre idea that sprung from the mind of an idiot

Old Post 06-20-2002 07:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for neXt Click here to Send neXt a Private Message Find more posts by neXt Add neXt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kariyan_gi

Lightbulb i'm a genius

ahm a int3lamagent genius cuz i invented tha game boi light
wen i waz like 7 i thot it wood b cool if ther waz a light 4 ur game boi den u cood plai ahl nite. den sum gi stole mah idea N iz ahl rich now. Damit dat cood hav been ME. instead i'm working in some burger king. :sad:

Old Post 06-20-2002 03:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kariyan_gi Click here to Send kariyan_gi a Private Message Find more posts by kariyan_gi Add kariyan_gi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

Re: i'm a genius

quote:
Originally posted by kariyan_gi
ahm a int3lamagent genius cuz i invented tha game boi light
wen i waz like 7 i thot it wood b cool if ther waz a light 4 ur game boi den u cood plai ahl nite. den sum gi stole mah idea N iz ahl rich now. Damit dat cood hav been ME. instead i'm working in some burger king. :sad:

yes i'm sure you're a genious... because you have such great grammer too.....keke jp~

but let me say... that because you didn't PUT that idea you had into a physical marketable product.... that's exactly what it is... an IDEA.. you didn't invent it.... because you didn't put that idea you had into action. you just thought of it and let the idea float away....lol

Old Post 06-21-2002 04:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micron
all i need is a miracle

eh.
im doing a bad job expressing myself. let me try again.

i define intellegence to be the ability to learn. some of you may not agree with me, but thats what i define it to be. furthermore, just because someone has an enormous or limitless potential of learning capacity does not mean that he/she is a genius. instead, i would simply call that person very intellegent.

thus, a genius does not have to be someone that is intellegent. rather, a genius can be the very opposite; simple, unable to adapt to society, forgetful, and any other number of these traits. yet, all geniuses have something in common, and that, to me, is the ability to think of new ideas.

neXt said something about geniuses having the ability to 'come up with extremely clever/creative implementations of a mediocre idea that sprung from the mind of an idiot'. i partly agree with this statement. a genius does have this ability, as an 'extremely clever/creative implementations of a mdeciocre idea' is, in essence, an idea itself. thus, when i say 'idea' i am refering to a general definition of conception and objectivity. the latter part of his statement, i must disagree, as new ideas are ALWAYS thought by geniuses (refer to my definition of a genius). for example, try to think of something that was never thought before. something that you dont have anything to relate to. is it possible? yes, it is, but the chances are very slim. and those who can, i would call geniuses.

ofcourse, what it all comes down to is what YOUR definition of a genius is. this is my definition. now lets hear your perspective of this matter, going back to 'assess the validity of this statement'.

Old Post 06-23-2002 02:51 AM
Zero-Sen

quote:
Originally posted by jusunlee
eh.
im doing a bad job expressing myself. let me try again.

i define intellegence to be the ability to learn. some of you may not agree with me, but thats what i define it to be. furthermore, just because someone has an enormous or limitless potential of learning capacity does not mean that he/she is a genius. instead, i would simply call that person very intellegent.

thus, a genius does not have to be someone that is intellegent. rather, a genius can be the very opposite; simple, unable to adapt to society, forgetful, and any other number of these traits. yet, all geniuses have something in common, and that, to me, is the ability to think of new ideas.

neXt said something about geniuses having the ability to 'come up with extremely clever/creative implementations of a mediocre idea that sprung from the mind of an idiot'. i partly agree with this statement. a genius does have this ability, as an 'extremely clever/creative implementations of a mdeciocre idea' is, in essence, an idea itself. thus, when i say 'idea' i am refering to a general definition of conception and objectivity. the latter part of his statement, i must disagree, as new ideas are ALWAYS thought by geniuses (refer to my definition of a genius). for example, try to think of something that was never thought before. something that you dont have anything to relate to. is it possible? yes, it is, but the chances are very slim. and those who can, i would call geniuses.

ofcourse, what it all comes down to is what YOUR definition of a genius is. this is my definition. now lets hear your perspective of this matter, going back to 'assess the validity of this statement'.

dearest friend jusun,

as much as i would LOVE to read that whole thing with my 1027x whatever, monitor size, i am all too lazy and eyes are too blurry to read it.

MY definition of a GENIUS is someone who can come up with ideas quickly due to his GIANT capacity to interperet and process information.

Yes computers can do this too, but humans put much more imagination and creativity to it.

Genius:

Albert Einstein:
got information on his lil atoms and used that info to creat NUCLEAR ENERGY. (or sumthin like that.)

bla bla bla theory of relativity, create, bored.

Henry Ford:
Proccesses the need for quicker and better mode of transportation and creates the internal cumbusttion engine.

Whoever:
Recognized need for more space efficient and quicker computers and created the microchip.

Alexander Bell Grahm:
recognizes need for better communications and creates telephone.

Not Genius:

Me:
recieved information about the language of japanese but only recieved a 75 out of 90 when tested.

(future reference: term for "before itz time" AVANTE GARDE - IT SUCKS NOW)

if i was wrong in any of the things i said above, itz because im coked and tired and because im trying to pump myself up for the Germany Korea game tomorrow at 7:30 eastern time.

sincerly,
ur fat ass korean friend from church:

ZeroSen

Old Post 06-25-2002 03:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zero-Sen Click here to Send Zero-Sen a Private Message Find more posts by Zero-Sen Add Zero-Sen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tuffy

A "genius" is rarely recognized, because they are so absent minded and concentrated on one thing, their appearance and social skills suffer, in most cases. It takes a "bright" person to understand the "genius", and translate it for the "smart" person. But usually takes a very long time, and is alot of times misinterpreted.

Old Post 07-20-2002 10:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tuffy Click here to Send Tuffy a Private Message Find more posts by Tuffy Add Tuffy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jini
nan.. yunjiniee da ~

'genius' to me is an original way of thinking. it's easy to think the way everyone else does.. or what the media tells you to think indirectly. which is probably why most genius' lack in the social area. being a genius is a gift. it's just.. a gift.

look at mozart. historians say that he was extremely immature.. but his music was and is brilliant.

wherever you go, whatever you do
i will be right here waiting for you
whatever it takes or how my heart breaks
i will be right here waiting for you

Old Post 07-25-2002 07:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jini Click here to Send jini a Private Message Visit jini's homepage! Find more posts by jini Add jini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote