Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Technology > Did you actually buy your OS?
Did you actually buy your OS?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
No. 4 44.44%
Yes. 0 0%
A Friend Burned It For Me. 4 44.44%
It Came With The Computer. 1 11.11%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sangxjin

Question Did you actually buy your OS?

OS=Operating Systems
(eg. Windows 2000, Mac OS X etc.)

Props To Huby

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-17-2002 12:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

i've had every single OS except Windows 3.1 and Windows NT. The only one i've purchased was Windows 98 SE. eh..i dont really regret it. i mean its one of the greatest Operating Systems made to date. And every single OS except that i've gotten from a friend or found it off some File-Sharing Program.

Props To Huby

Old Post 07-17-2002 12:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

i like windows xp. i got win 98 on my other computer, and your true its really good but dont compare to xp with all the tools you can use. someone agree wit me.

Old Post 07-17-2002 01:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

i didnt buy anything...cept maybe speakers for hardware with the exeption of speakers and moniters, and the actual computer itself. but ive used every single os...from 3.1 up to xp. my pc right now was 98se...im thinking of upgrading to xp

Old Post 07-17-2002 01:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

i have xp. i've also used 98 and me. me sucks ass, crashed all the time. 98 was pretty good, but xp seems to be more stable and has nicer features. but i've never payed for an os. 98 came with the computer, got a free upgrade to me, and i got the xp disk from my sisters computer.

Old Post 07-17-2002 02:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

if you think XP is stable you ought to know about Windows 2000 Professional.

Props To Huby

Old Post 07-17-2002 04:50 AM
seung ju

quote:
Originally posted by sangxjin
you ought to know about Windows 2000 Professional.

actually i dont, but thanks anyway

Old Post 07-17-2002 04:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

my friend dl'd xp off of IRC and gave it to me so i wouldn't have to. I had 98 SE, and that was nice, i liked how all my programs were compatible with it, heh, but XP is actually pretty good. The better network codes make the internet a lot faster.

Old Post 07-17-2002 05:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

tried every windows, cept for ME (cuz i dont own it)

ME does suck (my friends use it, saying it's the best -_-a)
2000 in my opinion is the best
xp still has bugs
98se i guess is good.

Old Post 07-17-2002 05:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

quote:
Originally posted by tm11
XP is actually pretty good. The better network codes make the internet a lot faster.

yeah, i noticed a big performance boost usin the lan in my dorm room. it was a lot faster. even dial up is faster and stays connected better.

but ME is the devil, avoid it like the plague.

Old Post 07-17-2002 05:42 AM
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

quote:
Originally posted by seung ju
but ME is the devil, avoid it like the plague.

i feel sorry for the people who bought computers that have ME pre-packaged on to their computers.

Old Post 07-17-2002 05:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

quote:
Originally posted by volcom strider

i feel sorry for the people who bought computers that have ME pre-packaged on to their computers.

feel sorry for me then :sad:
i was lucky that my sister got a new computer with xp, i got rid of Me with the quickness.

Old Post 07-17-2002 05:48 AM
tea
Official Pothead

2 of my roommates have ME...hahaha they reformated a shit load of times....dont they learn?!

Old Post 07-17-2002 07:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

seung, like you said you should ook at 2000 Pro, doesnt that and xp use the same kernel?

Old Post 07-17-2002 03:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

XP is somewhat based on the same platform as 2000 Pro. Its just XP has alot of cool features and all but thats exactly what eats up most of your system resources. so its a nightmare for people who have slow computers. And all the features maybe useful but some are pointless and take up space.

Props To Huby

Old Post 07-17-2002 06:23 PM
sangxjin

like i said...
i think XP is a souped up version of 2000.

Props To Huby

Old Post 07-17-2002 06:23 PM
KooJay
Call me Jay

I just burn it, no waste cash

Old Post 07-18-2002 12:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KooJay Click here to Send KooJay a Private Message Find more posts by KooJay Add KooJay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiggaplease

If you run a, say a 1GHz+ Athlon/PIII or a P4/AthlonXP, then running Windows with all of its graphical and user enhancements is the de facto OS of choice.

I ran Windows ME and it was a slight step up from Windows 98 SE in terms of user friendliness and graphical improvement, but I would call it "bloated" and buggy in certain aspects. The thumbnail function would constantly become buggy, and the Win9x code in general still showed... the inability to close certain crashed applications without closing down explorer.exe as well.

I've had a rough time with Windows 2000 because of these nasty sound problems with my SB Live! Value on my Via KT266 686a southbridge, and the same happened for WinXP, but it's a keeper just because it looks nice (and I sold my card to my friend, who has a 686B chipset on an MSI motherboard). But, I'd say that if you have the resources, run Windows XP. It's certainly a step up from Windows 2000 and is pretty stable for the most part (few bugs here and there, but nothing to make me want to kick my computer like I used to with Win95 and Win98)

Old Post 07-25-2002 11:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

whcih is better?

xp or 98se?

Old Post 07-25-2002 11:06 PM
kiggaplease

I'd say WinXP. I won't force it upon you, because I know people resent that. But I'd say that stability, speed, and security increases from Win98 to WinXP (NTFS as well as the NT/2K codebase)

Old Post 07-25-2002 11:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote