Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Technology > snake eater
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tm11
down by law

snake eater

This is the subtitle to Metal Gear Solid 3, it looks like it's gonna be tight. Solid Snake will reprise his role as the main character, and it seems like he's gonna be the only one, but who knows. This time around the action takes place in a jungle, i'm lookin forward to it.

A trailer (in the trailer you can see Solid Snake eating a snake, hah):
http://www.gaming-age.com/download/snakeeater/1.wmv

Some Screens:

hm, it looks like he still has the mullet haha, but oh well.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-11-2003 08:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
not ajy 2k

looks good but they could of come up with a better name

Old Post 05-11-2003 08:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for not ajy 2k Click here to Send not ajy 2k a Private Message Find more posts by not ajy 2k Add not ajy 2k to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

Well in the opening of the trailer he is eating a Snake.
MGS rocks though.

Old Post 05-11-2003 10:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

ps2, xbox, gamecube, or pc?

Old Post 05-12-2003 02:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

quote:
Originally posted by requiem
Well in the opening of the trailer he is eating a Snake.
MGS rocks though.

really? hey how ironic. his name is snake and he is eating a snake. haha. i bet its going to come out for all systems except for pc. its always like that

Old Post 05-12-2003 04:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AznTiger Click here to Send AznTiger a Private Message Find more posts by AznTiger Add AznTiger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

quote:
Originally posted by YaaMaKoh
ps2, xbox, gamecube, or pc?

I don't know, I believe it'll be ps2 first time around like before though. There's a good chance it could be all systems now that konami's remaking the first MGS for GC now.

Old Post 05-12-2003 05:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

yea!! My hero is back!!!

Old Post 05-12-2003 05:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Re: snake eater

quote:
Originally posted by tm11
This time around the action takes place in a jungle,

Oh man, not another jungle setting. It's pretty cool but I don't really like the MG jungle settings that much.

For me the jungle camo doesn't look as cool as the greyish purpleish blueish whateverish color sneaking suit he used in MGS/MGS2 or as cool as the seal costume in MGS2. But the camo does resemble the one he used in the first game.

Last edited by Alchemist on 05-14-2003 at 12:51 AM

Old Post 05-14-2003 12:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

yeah, the sneaking suit was cool and all, but I still look forward to a stealth game in the jungle for these consoles. It'd be cool if he still busts out the sneaking suit though heh.

Old Post 05-14-2003 03:05 AM
C4 Black Powder
Ticking Time Bomb

Mad cool

Tank: 220/220

Old Post 05-14-2003 07:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for C4 Black Powder Click here to Send C4 Black Powder a Private Message Visit C4 Black Powder's homepage! Find more posts by C4 Black Powder Add C4 Black Powder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

Re: Re: snake eater

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
Oh man, not another jungle setting. It's pretty cool but I don't really like the MG jungle settings that much.
yeah i know wut u mean with the exception of the outside area in the second half of MGS2 i really havent liked any of the settings.

Old Post 05-15-2003 12:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

I wouldn't worry about the new setting, it's not like there has been a jungle setting for one of the next generation consoles. The jungles from the old solid snake games were very different. Anyways, are you talkin bout the master system game that mgs is closest to? or the action games for nintendo that were made? I ask that because I don't remember jungles in the early versions that stealth was a part of, like the one for the master system. It's been a long time since I played those games heh.

Old Post 05-15-2003 01:19 AM
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

I was talking about the NES Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake may have had a jungle setting but I don't really remember. Then again, it's probably not gonna be bad.
The camo does remind me of the first NES game though.

Old Post 05-15-2003 01:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

yeah, I definitely see what you mean bout the jungle enviro akin to the first few games, but I think it'll be rather refreshing to see. However, it's important to note that those games are different from the Solid Snake storyline. They were licensed out to Acclaim? (I think) and had nothing to do with tactical espionage action. The original Metal Gear was for for the master System, I believe, where you're against big boss in outer heaven, somethin' like that...

Old Post 05-15-2003 02:09 AM
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Oh I thought they were related because in MGS1 he talks about zanzibar and outer heaven he talked about Grey Fox and Big Boss. It could have been an easter egg though.

Old Post 05-15-2003 02:14 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
I was talking about the NES Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake may have had a jungle setting but I don't really remember. Then again, it's probably not gonna be bad.
The camo does remind me of the first NES game though.

oh yeah, i remember those haha. I kind of liked that actually, but these newer MGSs are rather different in think in comparison. It's amazing how far the game has come. I mean now there could be soldiers hiding in trees, and in trees and interaction with animals maybe. It sounds sweet. New equipment to compensate for the newer setting, zip lines, etc. It's nothing of the 2d calibur that it used to be where you had an overhead view of everything. I wouldn't think it'd be so much like the NES MGSs even if the setting is the same. It's not the same game to an extent, a better extent actually. I have confidence in this, it looks sweet. I can't wait.

-edit- posted the above before you posted again. Anyway, yes of course it will be related to the MGSs of the NES though. All the games tie in. This won't be zanzibar though because that all ready happened and this is a sequel. Zanzibar and Outer Heaven was like MGS1 i think, i cannot recall. I'm sure this could be some sort of extension to it, or maybe just another story and they couldn't think of a better setting hehe.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 05-15-2003 at 02:17 AM

Old Post 05-15-2003 02:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
oh yeah, i remember those haha. I kind of liked that actually, but these newer MGSs are rather different in think in comparison. It's amazing how far the game has come. I mean now there could be soldiers hiding in trees, and in trees and interaction with animals maybe. It sounds sweet. New equipment to compensate for the newer setting, zip lines, etc. It's nothing of the 2d calibur that it used to be where you had an overhead view of everything. I wouldn't think it'd be so much like the NES MGSs even if the setting is the same. It's not the same game to an extent, a better extent actually. I have confidence in this, it looks sweet. I can't wait.

-edit- posted the above before you posted again. Anyway, yes of course it will be related to the MGSs of the NES though. All the games tie in. This won't be zanzibar though because that all ready happened and this is a sequel. Zanzibar and Outer Heaven was like MGS1 i think, i cannot recall. I'm sure this could be some sort of extension to it, or maybe just another story and they couldn't think of a better setting hehe.

Of course I'm expecting the game play to be better than the first MG, haha I didn't expect it to be just like the first one with Snake saying things like "Uh oh, the truck have started to move" but it would be awesome if they had that in there as a joke.

I wonder if this is going to be directly related to the patriots or a mission that isn't really.

Game seems awesome, but I haven't played substance yet. Or MG2 for NES. Ahh I'm missing parts from the storyline!! (Wish I hadn't missed the codec convo pertaining to the nuke strike in MGS1)

Old Post 05-15-2003 02:28 AM
kryogenix
Ghost

i like metal gear for NES. i wish i could buy a ps2.

Old Post 05-15-2003 07:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

update - credits to the magicbox.

Konami has released some new images of Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. The game will be released exclusively for PlayStation 2 in 2004. The game introduces a whole new level of depth, gameplay and plot twists to the legendary franchise. You once again dive into a spectacular world of espionage with new, highly detailed levels and characters, an arsenal of deadly weapons, vengeful adversaries, stunning plot twists and fully interactive environments.

Old Post 05-15-2003 07:29 PM
tm11
down by law

some more screenshots -

The environments are stunning, this game is more appealing every time I hear about it.

Last edited by tm11 on 05-15-2003 at 07:36 PM

Old Post 05-15-2003 07:31 PM