Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Literature > What's your favorite quote?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yupkipucca
::Yupki::

What's your favorite quote?

i don't have one, but what's everyone elses?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-03-2002 02:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for yupkipucca Click here to Send yupkipucca a Private Message Find more posts by yupkipucca Add yupkipucca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

hmm actualli i have a lot..hehe wai 2 mani..^^; i kant even remember em all..--; hehe buh i remember one..

the past doesnt matter, its the future that counts..

i no iss not realli good quote but i lyke it..^^;

Old Post 04-03-2002 03:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yupkki MEL

"The road to a friend's house is never long."

and

"No one's interested in reading nice things. A b*tchy little comment is far more interesting."
( i heard this from a friend...i thought it was funny)

Old Post 04-04-2002 07:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Yupkki MEL Find more posts by Yupkki MEL Add Yupkki MEL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

"even if ur on the right road, u'll still get run over if u just sit there" oscar wilde

"wen u reread a classic, u don't find more in the book than there was b4--u find more in URSELF than there wuz b4" clifton fadiman (i think...)

mai english teacher last yr made is memorize a whole bunch, and weirdly enuff i still remember em

Old Post 04-05-2002 08:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

If you judge people, you have no time to love them

Mother Teresa

All you need is love

John Lennon

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Unknown

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.

Plato.

You never know what happiness a simple act of kindess will bring about.

Bree Abel

Shared joy is double joy
shared sorrow is half sorrow

Swdish Proverb

You were born with wings. Why prefer to crawl through life?

Rumi

From what we get we can make a living, what we give, however, makes a life.

Arthur Ashe

when one door of happiness closes,
another opens but often we look so log at the closed door,
that we dont see the one which has been opened for us

those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart don;t know how to laugh either

you won't always remember the ones who touched your heart,
but you will never forget the ones that broke it.

you might regret what you do, but you'll regreat what you don't do much more

The brighest future will always be based on a forgotten pass;
you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past pains and failures

Old Post 04-06-2002 05:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

uhh...this is from New Nonstop but its "Oh yeah CHickin"

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 04-06-2002 10:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
azn_sweetie

Re: What's your favorite quote?

quote:
Originally posted by aznsweety
i don't have one, but what's everyone elses?

hey we have practically the same name. lol

Old Post 04-06-2002 09:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for azn_sweetie Click here to Send azn_sweetie a Private Message Visit azn_sweetie's homepage! Find more posts by azn_sweetie Add azn_sweetie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xsimplysweet14x
sweetums~

hard work pays off in the future, but laziness pays off now~(jk)

Old Post 04-07-2002 10:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for xsimplysweet14x Click here to Send xsimplysweet14x a Private Message Find more posts by xsimplysweet14x Add xsimplysweet14x to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

I just posted these from my profile hah ^^

"There are no facts, only interpretations."
-Nietzche (my favorite quote, cause it's soo true)

"There are two things that are infinite, The Universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"
-Albert Einstein

"You think i give a damn about your violin when the muse visits me at night?"
-Ludwig van Beethoven (his response to a violinist complaining about his compositions being too hard to play, and requesting him to make it easier and simpler)

"Creator - A comedian whose audience is afraid to laugh."
-Henry Louis Mencken

"I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means;except by getting off his back."

-Count Leo Nikolayevich Tolstoy

Old Post 04-07-2002 11:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seohee

Location: Everett, Washington... but I'm going to move to Kirkland soon T.T

no quotes come to me right at this moment, but i know there are ones out there that i just really favor.
all the quotes you guys posted are nice

Old Post 04-11-2002 10:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seohee Click here to Send seohee a Private Message Find more posts by seohee Add seohee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

"I told you that 'juvenile delinquent' is a contradiction in terms. 'Delinquent' means 'failing in duty.' But duty is an adult virtue-indeed a juvenile becomes an adult when, and only when, he acquires a knowledge of duty and embraces it as dearer than the self love he was born with. There never was, there cannot be, a 'juvenile delinquent.' But for every juvenile criminal there are always one or more adult delinquents- people of mature years who either do not know their duty, or who, knowing it, fail." - Lt.-Col. Dubois

is it too long?

Old Post 04-18-2002 05:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

um.. John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

and the short thing under every one of my posts..dedicated to: JANG WOOHUYK

Old Post 04-19-2002 02:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GinaDaQueen

i just recently fell in love with this one.....it's from julius caesar

"Men at some time are masters of their fates. The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings."

Old Post 04-19-2002 03:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GinaDaQueen Click here to Send GinaDaQueen a Private Message Find more posts by GinaDaQueen Add GinaDaQueen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FinklFan

" The hardest thing in the world is to see someone you love, love someone else " :huh:

Old Post 04-19-2002 10:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for FinklFan Click here to Send FinklFan a Private Message Find more posts by FinklFan Add FinklFan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xXFallenAngeLXx
-GoDdEsS oF iNsAnItY-

"shoot for the moon. even if you miss you'll land among the stars"
i can't remember who said it though...i heard it awhile ago i just found it pretty

the other quotes i like are all from songs.
hehe

*i don't want you, to give it all up, leave your own life collecting dust, and i don't want you to feel sorry for me, never give us a chance to be, and i don't need you to be by my side, to tell me that everything's alright, just wanted you to tell me the truth, you know i'd do that for you*

Old Post 04-25-2002 05:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xXFallenAngeLXx Click here to Send xXFallenAngeLXx a Private Message Find more posts by xXFallenAngeLXx Add xXFallenAngeLXx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

"The kind of people you date, are the kind of people you are going to end up with."

Old Post 04-25-2002 05:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
annabanana
Food Moderator

i dunno any meaningful literary quotes, but right now, some of my fave quotes come from www.despair.com because they are funnie. one of the quotes is BLAME - "The secret to success is knowing who to blame for your failures." which is really quite true when it comes to being a part of the relay team for track.

Old Post 04-30-2002 01:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote