Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Experience > [Julie] February
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

[Julie] February

I’ve realized many things just now that I never really took into consideration before. From personal to social, and even intellectual issues. I’ve been thinking a lot lately and I wander to another topic so soon that I can never come to a satisfactory conclusion. Ironic as it sounds, my mind thinks about issues before I can think.
During the beginning of this month, I kept telling myself that I was 16. Sure, I’m still young and I have a lot ahead of me, but I feel old. Come on, I’m 16. 4 more years and I’ll be 20... then 30, 40, 50... and I’m scared to think of after that. Yet, what have I done that’s beneficial not to just me, but also someone else? I feel as if all the years I have been living I have not yet set a purpose. I want to do something great to make up for my 16 years of living without a satisfactory accomplishment. How the hands move so fast... All this age “stuff”scares the shit out of me. Not wholly based on growing old, but also my future and most of all... death. I don’t even want to think about death but it crosses my mind every so often. I have no intentions to elaborate anymore for I have chills running down my spine.
All this leads to my next topic that I talked to my daddy about. Career choices. When I was younger, I always said I wanted to be either a doctor or lawyer. Naive as I was, my career choices based itself upon the possession of money. But as I grew, I was told that I should do something that interests me and something I can do for the rest of my life. Even from all that I comprehended, I still wanted to be a doctor. All through middle school and my freshman year. But during the beginning of this school year (sophomore year), I began to realize that perhaps the medical field is not suited for me. Who knows why I’ve all of a sudden changed my mind—I’m clueless myself. Perhaps it’s because I’ve taken interest in other subjects. I’ve considered many other opportunities, such as, a teacher because I love educating and helping people. I’ve even considered becoming a court attorney because I’m fond of government, civics, affairs, and cases. The bottom line is, I love a variety of subjects extending from metals, technology, music and art to history, mathematics, and language, to sports and outdoor recreation. Without intentions of boasting, I’m good at everything I do or try—excluding basketball! How can one base its future on choosing only one career when one loves and is good at most everything one does?
As I stated earlier, I had talked to my daddy about choosing a career. Graduation is nearing faster than I can organize my future plans of attending a university, yet, what I want to be. I bluntly told him that maybe I want to be an attorney. He seemed a little disturbed and forbidding of my choice of a career. He talked to me about my choices and said that maybe I should go into the medical field instead. He didn’t say that I had to but he suggested it. He also told me that becoming an attorney takes great intellect and deep analyzing. I agreed. But, the one thing that will stick with me forever is when he said that I can achieve anything because I am an intelligent girl who gets good grades and tries my best in everything I do... So whatever I want to be, I can achieve. Along with that, he said that he has high expectations for me because I do so well and he knows that I will have a good future. Heh, my daddy makes me proud!^^ It made me feel a lot better. We elaborated some more on the subject and I still have yet to come to a final career choice. If I had to choose a career and I could really accomplish it, my #1 career choice would be to become a star!
Yes, most of all, I want to be a worldwide known singer! Not because of money, wealth, fans, or any other reasons, but of one... just. because. I. love. to. sing. I come from two families that have always had a natural talent of singing and dancing. I received the dancing heritage from my mommy’s side and singing from my daddy’s side. My mommy and her relatives used to always compete at dancing competitions and always placed in the top three. As far as I can remember, I’ve always seen and heard my daddy sing. I remember watching my daddy’s old homemade music videos, listening to his bands play at parties with him as lead singer, watch him play the piano and record his songs, and see his cassettes being sold at stores and special events. I believe I have it in me. My daddy and relatives always tell me that I used to entertain them when I was younger because I used to always sing to karaoke videos and dance. I’ve put myself into music classes to help me build my voice. I’ve never taken voice lessons, just six years of choir classes and I believe I have the voice. So what’s holding me back from living my dream? Many things are prohibiting me from living my dream. Race and looks are my major obstacles. How can I make it when I live in a white dominated country? Let’s be serious here, if I was to make it big, I’d be a one hit wonder, no doubt. That’s why I’ve set other career choices and plan to live my second dreams instead. Who knows, maybe you’ll see me on “American Idol?
I had a dream the other day. It included me and my family. So many vivid things happened during my dream but I can’t remember the details except some major things that I saw in my dream. It all started out as a small bomb that looked like a little toy shuttle falling into the front lawn of my aunt’s house. I stood by my aunt’s front door with my two relatives wondering if it was going to explode. It exploded, yet, no one was injured. More and more of the same shuttle toy looking bombs fell to the Earth near my aunt’s house and every couple seconds during its landing, it would explode. People started dying and someone had told me that if I didn’t want to die I had to run around. Everyone went for shelter in a brown building with many levels and a huge stairway in the middle of the building. I was looking for my family because they had already heard and everyone was waiting for me. When I finally reached them, everyone left because the building was falling apart. All of a sudden, I was in the woods with thick tall grass and trees in every which direction. I was dressed in old Japanese clothes and supposedly I was hiding from white soldiers. My family had sought safety and found a great hiding place in the woods. There was a huge tree trunk that my family hid under. Inside the tree trunk was a tunnel leading to the ground and that’s where everyone hid (if you’ve seen “Gangs of New York?it was kinda like the area that Leo went into when he was injured). So we hid and my dad came back in samurai clothing. As weird as it sounds, we were fighting against the US, except we were fighting like in those old Japanese movies where swords and other weapons were used. Later, we were caught and sent to a reservation camp, if you would call it that, and we had to do work for the white men. The same day I reached the reservation camp, soldiers were shooting those in the reservations?arms. My aunt went first and the soldier shot her. Then my turn came, I went up and he forced me to say something. I said it because I was scared and he shot me in the arm. When I looked at my arm, there was no blood but a small hole about the size of a pea. I woke up. I might’ve not been able to make it sound scary but when I dreamed it, it was extremely scary. So...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-05-2003 12:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

...War with Iraq. This subject attacked during lunch while I was sitting with my friends and chatting at the usual circular lunch table that we sit at. It was not a happy chat when this subject came up. An argument up roared, believe it or not. If I can remember correctly, it was six of us “talking” about this situation. All wanted war except two... my friend, Tyler, and me. Of course, I, Miss Peace-as my friends call me now-does not want war because I just don’t like the idea of men versus men with ammunition, guns, tanks, arms, legs, bodies and blood everywhere. The envision sends disturbing mental pictures to my eyes. Not only that, I think about my friends, family, and acquaintances. Hopefully, everyone knows that if war does take its toll, many will leave and never come back. I feel for those who lose loved ones because I know what it feels like. And even further, if the war was to go on and on, people will be drafted. Young men, that is. And not just young men but young men that I know. Young men my age and a couple years older. That includes EVERYONE in these Jusunlee.com forums. It’s terrifying and the feelings I obtain just can’t be expressed into words because I don’t know what the hell this more-than-frightening feeling is. I would express my thoughts in greater detail but it’s difficult to understand due to my intricacy. Many would debate that war is the only way to control and start a chain of peace, but I believe that if everyone were to leave other nations alone and let them control themselves as they please, we would have peace otherwise. Peace, excluding war to achieve the peace. Would you not agree? All in all, war is not my choice of a great meal during lunch. I don’t know, maybe my dream and all this ties up. Maybe there is some kind of meaning to my dream. I really don’t know. All I know right now is, I’m really scared of going to war.
The last of my thoughts for this month, children of my own. As always, during my earlier years, I always wanted little children of my own. I grew up with little babies crawling all over the carpet, chewing on their toys, saliva running down their chins, laughing, and crying. I always thought they were the most adorable and innocent little human beings. I came to the conclusion that I was going to have kids of my own. Two at the least. Now, I’m not so sure and I’m leaning towards not having children of my own. Why? One huge, huge reason—bringing them into a reckless world and having them one day realize all the worries of life. Hearing all the things I hear today, I’m hesitant as to if I want kids or not. I don’t want them to think about their future, how it’s going to end, and how to make a decent living. I’m afraid terrible things will happen in the future and they’ll look upon me and ask why I had to bring them into this world. Maybe I’m just being stupid but the end of the world crosses my mind all the time. As dumb as it sounds, I think about that stuff. I don’t want my children to suffer. I don’t want to make a big mistake. I wonder about so many issues pertaining to life, and death is always... always a topic. How will I die? is what I always ask myself. I don’t want my children to think how I think. I just don’t want my children to see, feel, or know how cruel life can be and the best way to stop that is to not have children of my own. Why would anyone want to let their loved ones live in a world so crucial?
I really don’t know why I’m seeing life at such a bad angle. Maybe the month of February isn’t for me. Everything I’ve talked about seems so negative. I’m sure I can scoop up something cheerful. As I read through what I write, it seems incomplete, not down to the point, and not fully clarified. I’m a weak thinker, I know. But maybe all this will finally reach a satisfactory conclusion when I’m older and my thoughts are clearer. And as I stated before, my mind thinks before I can think. The best I can do is sit back and learn a little more about life each day and maybe finally come to a conclusion.

Old Post 03-05-2003 12:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

no maliciousness intended but have you ever considered getting a weblog?

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 03-05-2003 01:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
no maliciousness intended but have you ever considered getting a weblog?

lol, I have considered but I feel like sharing...

let's get more intimate, victor!

Old Post 03-05-2003 01:19 AM
micron
all i need is a miracle

whew that was a long post but i had fun reading. i dont know, ive always enjoyed getting to know people. hearing their story, their life. if theres one thing that im genuinely interseted about people, its learning who they are, atleast the process of it. im not sure about anything else, i can become quite cold. anyway, ill just write down my thoughts while i was reading your post. a lot of it, i could really relate too.

about growing up, i treasure my childhood. i wish i never had to grow up. i dont know, i guess its very childish to think that, especially now that im legal and will soon dive into the real world. but i always thought being a child was, and will be, the best part of my life. when there was no worries. when playing the same toy every day was fun. when crying was okay. when curiousity always got the best of me. when even the smallest trivialities could make me laugh and clap my hands. when going to the bathroom alone at night was scary. and when imaginations ran without limits. its a part of me that a miss a lot. and sometimes, i want to recreate that part of me in me. i want to feel scared again at night. i want to imagine again all the crazy nonsense that i used to imagine. i want to laugh and clap my hands without restraint again. i want to.. only that its too bad that i never really thought life was that wonderful when i was little. i wanted to grow ever so quickly then. nowadays, i try to cherish all that i can, so that when i grow older, i wont have the same regrets. maybe you should too.

i also excell in everything i try (or i like to think so). i like to think im blessed, for having to grow up as a missionary kid. but the fact that i know i can excell and probably be better than most people means nothing to me. i dont think life is about being good. theres plenty of people that are good. and theres plenty more that are better. life, to me, is about being the best you can be. only then would your talent be of any meaning to you. plus, as you become more exposed to the world, youll begin to realize your limits. no one is superman you know. so i think its important to dedicate yourself in one thing early on in life than try to be good at everything because if not, at best, youll turn out above average in a lot of things, but youll be no where near the best in any of them. (im not saying you dont have the capability, just saying whats most probable).

and its natural for your aspirations to change. i used to want to become a scientist. haha, bad example, i think part of me still does, nevermind. i think i should go to sleep, im not thinking right. ill finish with my thoughts another time..

Old Post 03-05-2003 08:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micron
all i need is a miracle

sorry, im back. yea, peoples aspirations change. it might be to a smaller degree, but i used to be very motivated academically. maybe not in academics itself, but atleast for the good grades. but somewhere during my junior year, amidst some personal problems, i lost that motivation, and nowadays, am completly indifferent about it.

i dont really have a definite opionion about the possible war with iraq, though i personally wish there wouldnt be one. but if there were to be a war, i trust that united states would have valid reasons for it, though those reasons may not be available in public for national security reasons.

about the child thing, i guess it really depends on how meaningful you find your life to be. i personally dont see any meaning to it, but thats just me. but i would still want a child or two when i grow up. you know, to have a little-me running around the house while i read my newspaper in the morning sipping my cup of coffee and my beautiful wife sitting by my side. =)

february has the same effect on me too. the latter part of winter as a whole, i mean. i was severely depressed because of a sudden change in my life around this time two years ago, maybe thats why. ever since then, whenever this time of year comes around, i get depressed easily. something seasonal i guess.

and its good to know that you took the time to write down your thoughts. youll be amazed by how much you changed when you look back 2 to 3 years from now. i did, everytime i looked back at my journal.. too bad much of its gone now because of a computer crash (i kept it in word). =(

Old Post 03-06-2003 01:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

I understand wanting to be a child again... sometimes I think back about how I was always care free and didn't worry about anything and just had fun... I wish I could do that now... I wish I could do all the care free things that you talked about, Jusun... and knowing that when I was a kid, I wanted to grow up fast too. In which case, I'll try to cherish every moment I have now when I'm still a teenager. Have my fun, try not to be so pessimistic about life, and try to be care free again... to a point!

I'm kinda glad I'm doing this... at least I know that if my computer breaks down I won't lose this... I'm sure I'll look back at this and be amazed... thanks for the feedback Jusun... I thought no one would read this because it was so long! I'm looking foward to March though!

Old Post 03-07-2003 04:08 AM