Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Friends and Family > younger sisters
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

younger sisters

I have problems getting them to listen for their own good... I try to be nice about it and every time I do, they don't listen and do it anyways.... so when I yell, they actually listen but then they get all bitchy about it too... what am I supposed to do? let them learn themselves? I can't do that because it could totally ruin their future... that's why I don't let them do it...

Anyways, my younger sister is dating a 19 year old guy... she's 14. know what I mean? I don't like what she's got herself into, mainly because he's legal, and she's not... I tell them and make sure they know I don't approve because it's for their best interest... I really don't like the guy... because he's not a good guy... He drinks every night with his buddies, was a drop out, doesn't have a job, basically a bum... but, it's not mainly because of that... it's mainly because he has gotten my sister into so much trouble over the past 6 months and he hurts my sister all the time... I tell her how I feel but she doesn't care... I've even cried because he's so mean to her... should I even care anymore? she doesn't seem to care about what I have to say... ever since they started dating, we have not gotten along like how we used to... she's secretive now and she's abandoned herself from having conversations with me...

she makes me mad, sad, upset, angry...

she sometimes even says that I'm just jealous... I'm not

am I doing something wrong? am I pushing too much? is it really not any of my business? what should I do?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-03-2003 03:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
noriko378

In my humble opinion, you should keep on letting on to your sis to be careful about this guy. Maybe it will turn out ok but lots of things can happen at that age and well....as a sister....you should be looking out for her best interest....

I'm not saying that it's not going to be hard. I have a younger brother and I've butted heads with him enough times to know...but I always tell him that I am only looking out for him and I am being brutally honest with him because I care.

Hang in there...she will eventually realize that u trully are on her side.

Old Post 05-03-2003 05:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for noriko378 Click here to Send noriko378 a Private Message Find more posts by noriko378 Add noriko378 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yubeenie

Re: younger sisters

hmm... i don really care about age.. but i do care about..-_-;; like.. druggie.. and everything..so yup..hmm..your sis is one year older than me?.. maybe it'z hard for you.. but just..let her do everything.. =_=; wut she wantz.. cuz.. if you keep saying no no no..then she'll like him more and more.. he makes your sis cried?.. that's such bad thing..T_T.. i hate wen boyz make girlz cry.. hmm.. just let her do everything... but it'z gonna be hard.. cuz.. he's not that good bf...... you no..;;... i wish he was a great guy..T_T then there'z no problem..T_T hOo..

http://yubeenie.byus.net
aim-> fromgod2000
msn-> eunicelovely@hotmail.com

Old Post 05-08-2003 05:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for yubeenie Click here to Send yubeenie a Private Message Visit yubeenie's homepage! Find more posts by yubeenie Add yubeenie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

you're pushing too much. She'll hear what she wants to hear, but it's harder to see waht you only want to see. That's when she'll realize if he truly is a bad guy. Stay around and look out for her. Don't just tell her he is a bad guy over and over, that can get annoying and she'll stop listening, she probably all ready has. There isn't a whole lot you can do. Lay off, and watch out for her.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 05-08-2003 05:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

i agree with PsychoSnowman. it seems like you've done everything you basically CAN do, and if she still isn't listening, then you don't have much of a choice but to let things run their course, do you? i hav to say i admire you for sticking to this tho. if my sister were doing that and she wasn't listening to me, i would have told her that i wouldn't be there for her to cry to later on because she's being such a stupid ass. so kudos to you. hope everything works out ok for her. maybe she'll wake up and realize that older people aren't trying to ruin her life, but are trying to make it better

Old Post 05-09-2003 12:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

forget it... I've sat back too long... it's already over, like I can't do anything about it now

Old Post 05-10-2003 01:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote