Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Friends and Family > drama...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

drama...

...almost literally, heh. so my little sister has this aspiring dream to become an actress. i guess she's been harboring this notion for a while, but i never knew how serious she was about it till today, when she and my parents blew up. my parents are very traditional, practical, stubborn, and somewhat closeminded, and they adamantly refuse to allow their children to be involved in the entertainment industry in any way. naturally, they butted head-on and then rebounded, both sides being terribly hurt. my sister started crying and weeping and screaming while my parents just yelled at her to stop crying and to listen to their reason. what i found funny was how my sister yelled at them to go away and to stop talking to her, and that just made my parents more mad and yelled louder. on tv, whenever the kid yells at the parent to go away, the parent goes away hurt and confused and then later tries to make up to their kid.
hah, not in my family. anyway, i agree with my parents 100%. i definitely would not want my kid to be in that kind of industry unless they were really, really talented and i had the money and time to do it. we're not wealthy, and my sister says she'll pay for an agent by herself with her $1500. i found that funny too. she doesn't seem to understand education is really what she needs to be focusing on, because without education, she can't get anywhere. that's the truth and either she's too dumb or ignorant to see that. still, i can also see things from her point of view. this is something she really, really wants, and my parents are refusing to even give her a chance. however, i dont' think she realizes how much effort and how much of her life will be eaten up by this. i think most kids in the industry get screwed over, and even if they do become megastars when they're young, they're nobody and freaking messed up when they're older. prime example: danny partridge.
so, since she still won't change her mind after all that was thrown at her, i would like for her to do what she wants and then watch as she gets screwed over. but of course, my parents won't let that happen. they're gonna keep nagging and yelling, and i think she might just run away.
i wish she was more like me. then my family would be so much more harmonious.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-20-2003 08:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

well since nobody replied i shall....hmm well i guess no family is perfect, we all have our different personalities and some of us get along better than others. you can't really change your sister's character, all u can do is try to understnd her and why she feels tat way.

if acting is her real passion, then maybe she can sign up from some drama school part time? thats what i did, i'm in a performing arts school as well. well maybe she's just going through a phase or something, all u can do is leave her to think for herself. i mean u already told her all your advice n all, its up to her to listen rite?

dont wish your sister was like you, she has her own personality, and that wats makes us all *special* [ripped from Hey Arnold cartoon yeay! im lame!]

Old Post 06-23-2003 05:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

*special*...hehe

well, she bugs my parents about it everyday and they're actually humoring her. my dad's even saying that he's going to ask questions and stuff from the woman who would be her talent agent. i find that interesting. whatever - it's not like anything will come out of it even if she does get my parents to agree to take her. *shrug*

Old Post 06-24-2003 04:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

haha well bugging is pretty annoying, if she really wants to do it she should prolly wait till after she completed her education and then go out and do it herself! the independant way!

well i wish her luck anyway!!

Old Post 06-24-2003 05:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JuJu
shaKe :: sHake

grace had a talent agent? wow i didnt noe.
hmm.. wow. i didnt noe ur sister wanted to be an actress that badly.
well hope things work out between ur sister and parents.

the last line in ur first post was funny. heh. i remember u saying those kinda things.

Old Post 06-24-2003 07:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JuJu Click here to Send JuJu a Private Message Find more posts by JuJu Add JuJu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-DraGoNz
Music/Multimedia/Lyricism

i wanted to become a actor when i was little. i went through all that stuff....it was fun and a good expierence...but i feel bad for all the money i wasted. I had a few auditions here and there, a agent and manager, professional photo shoots, acting classes from top agencies...the works. must have spent over 5 grand towards my "acting career" which never went anywhere. my parents supported me though. it was fun...met alot of famous people. dat one girl from "Boy Meets World" Danielle Fisher, and a bunch of others. It takes ALOT of time and effort, and of course, money. its not as easy as it seems. i wish i had gotten atleast one job though...then it wouldve been worth it all. but the experience is worth it i guess. 1500 bucks wont get you jack in this industry...especially now-a-days. you need a real good resume to do anything these days, or have very good talent.

http://www.mcjdragonz.com

http://www.dynamicvocalz.tk

http://www.streetmaderecordz.tk

Old Post 07-03-2003 08:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for J-DraGoNz Click here to Send J-DraGoNz a Private Message Visit J-DraGoNz's homepage! Find more posts by J-DraGoNz Add J-DraGoNz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote