Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Friends and Family > family life
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

family life

is it overrated? As in spending quality time with the family, making sure they are always there for you. Having great parents. What do you think?

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 05-26-2003 at 05:11 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-26-2003 04:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
princesszinza

It seems overrated when you're young, cuz if you're hanging out with your buddies that's what matters but as you get older you realize that your family is the only thing that you can truly rely on and if they suck it makes your life wayyyyy harder....

Old Post 05-26-2003 02:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for princesszinza Click here to Send princesszinza a Private Message Find more posts by princesszinza Add princesszinza to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

but is the idea that a family is the only thing you can rely on overrated in itself? why not rely on friends? why not rely on yourself?

And, furthermore how does one define a family?

-Cromwell

Old Post 05-26-2003 05:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

aiya, sorry about yesterday night David... I didn't get to finish as I would have liked to.

anyways, from yesterday, tradition is used in every day life, even going to the toilet is a tradition-just as family time is a tradition.

Is to obtain a good family an obligation? no.

as I stated, it's not overrated when wanting to spend time with your family, nor is it overrated to have good parents... but, the recommendations that advance family lifestyles are overrated, as you would agree to, as well as I.

a "fucked up" family isn't a "fucked up" family. either, people on the outside only see it as that because the family has it's own way of taking care of themselves or it's the appearance of the family. it depends on the factor of the "fucked up" family that makes it as "fucked up" as people would think. but in all reality, it really isn't a "fucked up" family. families have their own ways of working.

do you ever wonder if the people who find "fucked up" families to be like that because they don't KNOW what the family is really like? I believe so.

well, overall, I do agree with you to some point. It's always good to have family time with your family--knowing that you or they will be leaving some day. It's good to cherish those moments, good and bad. And it's an experience that will rub off of you to your children. You learn through it and give. The society does have a hype about making families good through recommendations, but it's tradition. Tradition for one's well being.

if I said a lot of things that did not answer the question, sorry. My mind always goes off into thoughts that connect to the topic.

Old Post 05-26-2003 05:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
princesszinza

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
but is the idea that a family is the only thing you can rely on overrated in itself?

yes/no...I'm older than alot of you guys and I don't have much family at all, been self supporting since about 15, lived on my own since 17 with no family help whatsoever...When I was younger I thought my independence made me stronger, dunno why but it gets harder as I age....

why not rely on friends?

Friends or at least my friends are there for the good times but don't really have the commitment for the bad times

why not rely on yourself?

Done that, works but gets lonely

Group of people together for the common good of each other...Something like that...?

Old Post 05-26-2003 06:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for princesszinza Click here to Send princesszinza a Private Message Find more posts by princesszinza Add princesszinza to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

quote:
Originally posted by psychosnowman
but is the idea that a family is the only thing you can rely on overrated in itself?

yes/no...I'm older than alot of you guys and I don't have much family at all, been self supporting since about 15, lived on my own since 17 with no family help whatsoever...When I was younger I thought my independence made me stronger, dunno why but it gets harder as I age....

why not rely on friends?

Friends or at least my friends are there for the good times but don't really have the commitment for the bad times

why not rely on yourself?

Done that, works but gets lonely

did I miss something, or did I not see that?

Old Post 05-26-2003 09:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

yeah, i don't know either julie haha, i didn't say most of that. I think she was responding line by line but didn't separate the quotation from the response.

-Cromwell

Old Post 05-27-2003 04:06 AM
princesszinza

yeah, i don't know what the hell i was doing and i'm lazy, don't feel like thinking about my crappy family anymore......how about you more normal people.....

Is family overrated?

Old Post 05-27-2003 02:02 PM
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

quote:
but is the idea that a family is the only thing you can rely on overrated in itself? why not rely on friends? why not rely on yourself?

well, I can rely on friends... but I don't think that friends are willing to take that extra step to actually help to the extent that they can't help anymore, as on the other hand, a family will because it's like, you grow up together and you're attached. It's like, if you help your family, you're helping YOURSELF. It's apart of YOU.

quote:

a family... biologically connected. but I could get deeper, like, I consider all my loved ones family even if it's not biological. know what I mean? wait, are extended family members considered biological?

Old Post 05-27-2003 11:59 PM
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

personally, i don't think it's overrated. but, i'm saying this because i can't imagine what my life would be like without my parents, sister, cousins, uncles, aunts, grandparents, etc. i've always been very close to my family (esp my mom's side, because almost everyone lieves within 20 min of us). i love my friends, but i know for a concrete, solid fact that my family will always be behind me while i can't say for sure that my friends will.

Old Post 05-28-2003 02:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

my familys out mon-sat 7am-9pm. i only see them on sunday, and they just yell at me.. i dont care anymore, seems like i cant do anything right in their eyes

Old Post 05-28-2003 06:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote