Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > the prayer of jabez.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
micron
all i need is a miracle

the prayer of jabez.

1 Chronicles 4
9 Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, [3] saying, "I gave birth to him in pain."
10 Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request.

discuss. how is this significant? ill follow through later.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-10-2002 05:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MiGhTy KiTTy
*MeOW* ^^

umm..can someone explain this to me..i read it like 5 times and i still dont get it. :sad:

Old Post 09-10-2002 06:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MiGhTy KiTTy Click here to Send MiGhTy KiTTy a Private Message Find more posts by MiGhTy KiTTy Add MiGhTy KiTTy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

hmm, is this part of the Bible study? didin't noe it started...hehe cool but i dun get it either :huh: sumtin to do w pain...his mother gave birth to him in pain and he wants to be free from pain and God granted his request...umm...it's not clickin :sad:

Old Post 09-12-2002 04:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
az0nd2r3

i believe there were one/several books written on the prayer of jabez.......i think it has significance bcuz it wuz mentioned in the middle of chronicles, a very long book on genealogy, n i think it wuz bcuz of the fact of his simple prayer, God blessed him in the way he asked

Old Post 09-12-2002 03:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for az0nd2r3 Click here to Send az0nd2r3 a Private Message Find more posts by az0nd2r3 Add az0nd2r3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hguy4x

I think the books made out of these verses are fluff... read in context... whats before the prayer... an obituary/geneology... whats after the prayer of Jabez.... an obituary/geneology... so taken in context the verses only describe a person that was part of David's family line.. Taking things out of context is a big no no when it comes to studying any historical document.

Old Post 09-12-2002 10:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hguy4x Click here to Send hguy4x a Private Message Find more posts by hguy4x Add hguy4x to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mariposa
MaGiCaLLy DeLiCiOuS

i haven't read any books on this prayer -
of course - this would be a common response, the words
"ask and ye shall receive" come into mind.

Old Post 09-13-2002 05:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mariposa Click here to Send mariposa a Private Message Find more posts by mariposa Add mariposa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micron
all i need is a miracle

srry. meant to reply to this earlier.

http://www.prayer-of-jabez.net/

Old Post 10-07-2002 03:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

wow... theres so much insight in that simple prayer... its simple and perfect, makes me realize i still have so much more to grow... kewl... im glad theres these bible studies here...

Old Post 10-07-2002 03:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Klumzy

wow, short but very deep and meaningful prayer - more people should pray jabesh's prayer at church, instead of the endless blabber--- ack don't bash me for that statement :huh: :satisfy: :sad:

Old Post 10-07-2002 05:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Klumzy Click here to Send Klumzy a Private Message Find more posts by Klumzy Add Klumzy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GeeRoe

well jabez is remembered not as like a hero like we know but his prayer request. 1 to bless him, 2 to help enlarge and help the work he did 3 an to be with him in like whatever he did 4 an keep him from evil and harm.. jabez did the righteous thiing an asked Him to be his center for everythiing in his daily living

Old Post 10-11-2002 01:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GeeRoe Click here to Send GeeRoe a Private Message Find more posts by GeeRoe Add GeeRoe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote