Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > General > Random Thoughts > ***A question for all you intellectuals.***
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
J-DraGoNz
Music/Multimedia/Lyricism

***A question for all you intellectuals.***

This is mostly an opinionated question, so yea...if you can, please back your answer up with some sort of explainatin. Thanks.

Do you believe that human beings are capable of unconditional love?

http://www.mcjdragonz.com

http://www.dynamicvocalz.tk

http://www.streetmaderecordz.tk

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-06-2004 09:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for J-DraGoNz Click here to Send J-DraGoNz a Private Message Visit J-DraGoNz's homepage! Find more posts by J-DraGoNz Add J-DraGoNz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

I always work on the motto that if there is even the slightest, infintesimal possibility then i will never discredit an idea. So, since there is a probability that it could be true in humans, i say they are capable of it.

Though Hegel and Hobbes would disagree.

There is not really any analysis, i just discerned if there was a probability or not, and there was so i said humans are. Sorry for the lack of substance. I might think about it later but i have to get to class.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 07-06-2004 03:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

u and love -_-; u should be on those soap opera shows LOL jk

Old Post 07-06-2004 09:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-DraGoNz

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
I always work on the motto that if there is even the slightest, infintesimal possibility then i will never discredit an idea. So, since there is a probability that it could be true in humans, i say they are capable of it.

Though Hegel and Hobbes would disagree.

There is not really any analysis, i just discerned if there was a probability or not, and there was so i said humans are. Sorry for the lack of substance. I might think about it later but i have to get to class.

Indeed. My friend and I were arguing on the topic...I have the same mentality as you, where as if it is not disproven, then there is a probablity, but he got me on that by telling me I was arguing from the negative which isnt a logical argument...lol. i dunno. hrm

lol your gay alex =P

Old Post 07-06-2004 11:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for J-DraGoNz Click here to Send J-DraGoNz a Private Message Visit J-DraGoNz's homepage! Find more posts by J-DraGoNz Add J-DraGoNz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i think the argument your friend made is valid, but not exactly a punch in the face.

We all have to be dogmatic sometime or another to take a stance on something, boil everything down to the extremes and everything becomes dogma. The universe seems infinite, we do not know for sure, the universe exists, we exist, we think, we can never be sure, religion may be true, anything could be true. We can never know any of these things with complete objectivity. That is the entire debacle behind the theory of knowledge.

I commend your friend's effort to remain scientific in his practice, but i think it becomes narrow-minded when a main argument for him is "negation theory," which is not necessarily a good thing. Also, it seems by negating your idea in the first place, he begins too indulges in negation theory and hence can be labeled as dogmatic as well. Here is something to sum up the idea of negation theory.

" A property of any proposition for which it is possible to specify a set of circumstances the occurrence of which would demonstrate that the proposition is false. According to Karl Popper, falsifiability is the crucial feature of scientific hypotheses: beliefs that can never be tested against the empirical evidence are dogmatic."

It may not seem like he is arguing from a negative angle, but i think he does, especially effectually. Playing the assertive actor (in this instance, the person who decides that unconditional love is impossible) does not except anyone from the consequences of his own argument. Just because you and i play the passive actors who accept possibilities, that makes us on-face dogmatic. Why on-face, and why is that worse? it is not, people just can see it easier, and people do not realize that everything they believe is, in fact, dogmatic when it all boils down. The only reason it is on-face dogmatic is because our side of the argument does not have immediate empirical evidence, while the other side has a "sample" of evidence they can compare to. That sample still is only a sample, and in all it is a belief.

Both viewpoints are dogmatic, and i think it is unwise in all to advocate your friend's viewpoint of audacious certainty towards this question. If there is a probability, then why not? An open mind is better than a closed, and certain one i think.

I am atheist, but i still never decry religion for the sake that it possibly could be true. That does not make me agnostic though, i believe there is no god, but just account for my possibility for error. Rather than the typical agnostic who rides the fence on the issue. Every idea ever conceived is a belief, nothing is a universal fact.

Knowledge is dogma.

edit - and yes, the argument you and i present is, indeed, logical.

-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 07-07-2004 at 08:03 AM

Old Post 07-07-2004 01:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hip hOp Yu Ja

we already discussed this~ and i hope u remember my answer....

"Me I'm into being like #1 Korean, I represent the Seoul and every yellow human being" ... DT...

Old Post 07-27-2004 12:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hip hOp Yu Ja Click here to Send hip hOp Yu Ja a Private Message Find more posts by hip hOp Yu Ja Add hip hOp Yu Ja to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-DraGoNz

quote:
Originally posted by hip hOp Yu Ja
we already discussed this~ and i hope u remember my answer....

we did? o.O

when was this?

Old Post 07-28-2004 04:30 AM
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

oo tipsy HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Old Post 07-28-2004 04:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiggaplease

alex and I think alike

Old Post 07-29-2004 03:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by kiggaplease
alex and I think alike

i don't recognize your sn you must have changed it HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old Post 07-29-2004 05:15 AM
hip hOp Yu Ja

quote:
Originally posted by J-DraGoNz
we did? o.O

when was this?

you dont remember!! remember in our phone conversation dayyyys ago...? and u asked me again before too... ¿¡À̽Ã! ¸ô¶ó!

"Me I'm into being like #1 Korean, I represent the Seoul and every yellow human being" ... DT...

Old Post 07-30-2004 12:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hip hOp Yu Ja Click here to Send hip hOp Yu Ja a Private Message Find more posts by hip hOp Yu Ja Add hip hOp Yu Ja to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hip hOp Yu Ja

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
i think the argument your friend made is valid, but not exactly a punch in the face.

We all have to be dogmatic sometime or another to take a stance on something, boil everything down to the extremes and everything becomes dogma. The universe seems infinite, we do not know for sure, the universe exists, we exist, we think, we can never be sure, religion may be true, anything could be true. We can never know any of these things with complete objectivity. That is the entire debacle behind the theory of knowledge.

I commend your friend's effort to remain scientific in his practice, but i think it becomes narrow-minded when a main argument for him is "negation theory," which is not necessarily a good thing. Also, it seems by negating your idea in the first place, he begins too indulges in negation theory and hence can be labeled as dogmatic as well. Here is something to sum up the idea of negation theory.

" A property of any proposition for which it is possible to specify a set of circumstances the occurrence of which would demonstrate that the proposition is false. According to Karl Popper, falsifiability is the crucial feature of scientific hypotheses: beliefs that can never be tested against the empirical evidence are dogmatic."

It may not seem like he is arguing from a negative angle, but i think he does, especially effectually. Playing the assertive actor (in this instance, the person who decides that unconditional love is impossible) does not except anyone from the consequences of his own argument. Just because you and i play the passive actors who accept possibilities, that makes us on-face dogmatic. Why on-face, and why is that worse? it is not, people just can see it easier, and people do not realize that everything they believe is, in fact, dogmatic when it all boils down. The only reason it is on-face dogmatic is because our side of the argument does not have immediate empirical evidence, while the other side has a "sample" of evidence they can compare to. That sample still is only a sample, and in all it is a belief.

Both viewpoints are dogmatic, and i think it is unwise in all to advocate your friend's viewpoint of audacious certainty towards this question. If there is a probability, then why not? An open mind is better than a closed, and certain one i think.

I am atheist, but i still never decry religion for the sake that it possibly could be true. That does not make me agnostic though, i believe there is no god, but just account for my possibility for error. Rather than the typical agnostic who rides the fence on the issue. Every idea ever conceived is a belief, nothing is a universal fact.

Knowledge is dogma.

edit - and yes, the argument you and i present is, indeed, logical.

you are my hero...

Old Post 07-30-2004 12:59 AM
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

A pastor has an only child, a son. He loved his son dearly, his son loved his father dearly. One night he was murdered by a young man, purposely. The pastor mourned and cried over his son for weeks and weeks, and finally the murderer showed up to the pastors church, and asked for forgiveness. The pastor hugged him and took him as his own son, being changed.

yes, i believe in unconditional love.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, That whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

It is written in the bible too about unconditional love, and since I believe in the word, I believe and try to live by everything that is written in it.

Last edited by YaaMaKoh on 08-15-2004 at 09:37 PM

Old Post 08-15-2004 09:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

is that story real? just wondering.

-Cromwell

Old Post 08-16-2004 05:47 AM
J-DraGoNz

^^ seriously

thats crazy if it is

Old Post 08-16-2004 05:51 AM
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

Yes it is.
He's a known pastor in korea. A lot of pastors use his example to define unconditional love

Old Post 08-16-2004 02:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

parents have unconditional love for their children. i mean, they know having kids will give their headaches and heartbreaks. but why have kids in the first place then if they know all these things? (and i'm sure its not just for the "family name" sake.) and when kids break their parents' hearts, they still love their kids from the first day they were born.

just like how God's love.

Old Post 08-16-2004 06:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RS Trax

God's love is unconditional, therefore it exists.

Old Post 08-17-2004 08:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RS Trax Click here to Send RS Trax a Private Message Visit RS Trax's homepage! Find more posts by RS Trax Add RS Trax to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-DraGoNz

^^ Oh I know it exists, the question was refering to the capablity of human beings able to express it.

Old Post 08-17-2004 08:29 PM
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

quote:
Originally posted by UnisMuiMui
parents have unconditional love for their children. i mean, they know having kids will give their headaches and heartbreaks. but why have kids in the first place then if they know all these things? (and i'm sure its not just for the "family name" sake.) and when kids break their parents' hearts, they still love their kids from the first day they were born.

just like how God's love.

I agree, no matter what we do to our parents, they can never stop loving us, they loved us when they were first pregnant, and they'll love us until they pass away.

Old Post 08-18-2004 02:27 AM