Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > General > Random Thoughts > "A Gallon is a Gallon"
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MellowYellow

"A Gallon is a Gallon"

A Gallon is a Gallon!
To keep things in perspective, even though it still hurts...
For those who have forgotten their measurements and prices:

1 cup = 8 ounces
2 cups = 1 pint = 16 ounces
2 pints = 1 quart = 32 ounces
4 quarts = 1 gallon = 128 ounces
Makes one think and puts things in perspective.

Check out these prices:

Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29.....$10.32 per gallon
Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz $1.19.....$9.52 per gallon
Gatorade 20 oz $1.59.....$10.17 per gallon
Ocean Spray 16 oz $1.25....$10.00 per gallon
Brake Fluid 12 oz $3.15....$33.60 per gallon
Vicks Nyquil 6 oz $8.35.....$178.13 per gallon
Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85.....$123.20 per gallon
Whiteout 7 oz $1.39.....$25.42 per gallon
Scope 1.5 oz $0.99.....$84.48 per gallon

This is the REAL KICKER:
Evian Water 9 oz $1.49......$21.19 per gallon.

$21.19 FOR WATER! And the buyers don't even know the source. So, the
next time you're at the pump, be glad your car doesn't run on water, Scope
or Whiteout, PEPTO BISMOL or NYQUIL!

The next time you're buying your 'Venti Caramel Frappachino' for $4-5 for your 20oz, think about what's more important. Gas to get you from Point A to Point B (sometimes Point C), or that extra kick of sugar in the morning, noon and night. Add up how much Starbucks (or comparable) is making off of you the entire week. Then start complaining about an extra 20¢ a gallon. Yes, gas prices are inflated in Southern California, but so are house prices, rent, and electricity (to name a few). We do pay a price for living here, remember that the next time you're Aunt Beatrice is searching for her nightie after the 3rd June tornado hit her mobile home and whisked away Waggles, her prized pet of the local dog talent contest.

Would you rather:
Pay $1.69 a gallon for gas in Kansas?
or
Pay $2.30 a gallon for gas here in California?

I would predict many would choose the last option.

----------------------------------------------------

I bet this is all over the net by now. Still interesting.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-11-2004 05:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

Yeah let's just forget about how we do not consume gallons upon gallons of those products per week, as opposed to gas...

Old Post 06-11-2004 10:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

quote:
Originally posted by aaqthree
Yeah let's just forget about how we do not consume gallons upon gallons of those products per week, as opposed to gas...

hmm well I drink a lot of ocean spray... a couple of those huge bottles....

lol. Well it's still interesting.

Old Post 06-11-2004 10:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronnn
Suby!

but you still have the bring many gallons into consideration..

if you want all those things by gallons or more, you can go to Costco (Price Club), Sam's, BJ's, or whatever wholesale product stores near your location and get it for alot cheaper than the prices you have listed. products cost less in bundles most of the time.
gas prices dont. average gas tank is around 12 gallons. the gas prices these days range anywhere from 2.09 - 2.49. to get from point a to point b sometimes take alot more than just a gallon.. depending on your car. damn suv's. an average suv pays about 50 dollars to fill up. 50 dollars.. how many of us gets 50 dollars an hour paycheck?
eventually the world will resort to carpooling, buses, trains, etc.. (hybrids?)

back when our parents started driving, gas prices ranged from 89 cents to 1.10.. but that's when they had cars running from 1 liter, 4 cylinder engines at 70hps.. that's when cars ran 40 mpg too. so cant really complain. now we're living in an age of powerful big engined, heavy cars that uses not even two digits miles per gallon.

alright.. enough gas talk, imma go out for a drive.

Old Post 06-14-2004 12:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaronnn Click here to Send aaronnn a Private Message Find more posts by aaronnn Add aaronnn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

Okay don't get the wrong idea... I didn't write this and I'm not advocating it to the world that this person's opinion is all correct.

It's just interesting.

Old Post 06-14-2004 12:47 AM
castle outsider

quote:
Originally posted by aaronnn
alright.. enough gas talk, imma go out for a drive.

fuckin rich boy

Old Post 06-14-2004 11:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronnn
Suby!

quote:
Originally posted by MellowYellow
Okay don't get the wrong idea... I didn't write this and I'm not advocating it to the world that this person's opinion is all correct.

It's just interesting.

im not going against what you or he thinks about the gas gallons. im just suggesting what i think about this topic. hey, i like to put out my personal opinions too

Old Post 06-15-2004 12:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaronnn Click here to Send aaronnn a Private Message Find more posts by aaronnn Add aaronnn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hnefrdo
holla at me.

i read this article as one that points out how much we pay for everything else, not how "little" we pay for gas.

www.xanga.com/hnefrdo

Old Post 06-15-2004 07:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hnefrdo Click here to Send hnefrdo a Private Message Visit hnefrdo's homepage! Find more posts by hnefrdo Add hnefrdo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiggaplease

finish reading it, then! jk

Old Post 06-16-2004 06:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

Cool. This post got me thinking.

Old Post 06-16-2004 12:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Honda Insight
70 Miles per gallon.
If it were a four seater it would be so cool.

Old Post 06-16-2004 07:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AZN Pinoy BOI
..:SeNsei-Kun

... i'm thursty now...

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Old Post 06-16-2004 11:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AZN Pinoy BOI Click here to Send AZN Pinoy BOI a Private Message Visit AZN Pinoy BOI's homepage! Find more posts by AZN Pinoy BOI Add AZN Pinoy BOI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by castle outsider
fuckin rich boy

LOL exactly

Old Post 06-20-2004 09:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronnn
Suby!

haterrrrrrrrrrrs

Old Post 06-21-2004 05:23 AM
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

I don't understand that last statement about preference over california to kansas. What does that have to with the dollar per gallon issue. A tornado? huh? stick to the issue whoever wrote this.

Anywayz.. It's all about consumption. When you decide to consume "X" amount of water, nyquil, etc. your also setting the standard of how much it is consumed. If the general consumer consumed a gallon of avian water every morning then the price would correlate. Just because our cars consume more gas than we consume any of those above listed products, does not mean we should compare apples to oranges. I don't consume a gallon of nyquil a day. i will gladly pay 8.35 for 6 oz. of the thick nasty stuff even though it probably cost a tenth of that to make it. It all comes down to supply and demand. I'm not quite sure how much snapple or ocean spray is consumed per day, but i do know hundreds of millions of gallons of gas is consumed per day in this country (unlike the recommended 2 tablespoons every 4 to 6 hours for nyquil). So of course we SHOULDN'T complain about the dollar per gallon issue on gas if you compare it to the above listed items.. BUT like i said.... It's comparing apples to oranges. Inflation just sucks. Tornadoes? Mobile Homes? Bah. Sounds Just dandy to me. Want to hear something really scary? three dollars a gallon at your local gas station. Five dollars per pack of cigarettes. Half a million dollars to own your own home in the ghetto. Gov. Arnold Schwarzeneggar.

Now THAT is scary.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 06-21-2004 10:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by aaronnn
haterrrrrrrrrrrs

I don't hate you as a person. I hate the fact that you're rich.

HAHAHHAHA

Old Post 06-21-2004 11:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote