Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > flips asian???
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó
yeah well there isn't a whole lot to argue about. its not that great of a subject to debate about. i'm suprised its went ont his long. oh well.

yep TM11 has it right.

Here's the question of the thread, why don't you ever answer anything in our entire posts? I mean, i even isolate it to one question and you just disregard it? Don't you realize you are the one that makes "not a whole lot to argue about."? Haha it is, i'm sure you know this.

Quick! Restate yourself!

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-03-2002 10:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Yes, but I stated before my claim is just as good as your claim. Ontop of that, he was talking about places where they may have originated from. Notice how I said MAY and not they DID.

Notice how you are a terrible liar, look at the quote: "i also heard that htey came from alaska a long time ago." There is no subjunctive in that, it's all indicative. You don't say May, you made that up.

And also, notice how i say may. And, if not "may" I always accompany it by a disclaimer telling it's validity. What exactly is your point? So do i not make assumptions then? Wow, we can take that terrible argument out now, like it should have been a long time ago. yay.

-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 12-03-2002 at 10:34 PM

Old Post 12-03-2002 10:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

quote:
I stated before my claim is just as good as your claim.

no, it really isn't though.

Old Post 12-03-2002 10:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

click here

refer to the above for information that IS needed... now you see, so perceive it... and quit being so ignorant on the topic...

I really don't care what you guys were talking about but ilsung, you just needed some "edumucation"---as Marvin put it!

Old Post 12-03-2002 10:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

we're not being ignorant. It's rather offensive you call it that.

I've said all that stuff all ready, and furthermore i think what i said is in many ways better than what they did because i stated it as an uncertainty, of which it is. Sure, they are the "United Hmong Association". That doesn't justify what they say as speaking on behalf of all the hmong people, and furthermore not those of the past. It's just another source, i don't find it more reliable, and maybe even less because it states it all so objectively. Sure, they could have come from china and i think that is probably true, but that's not an objective thing.

-Cromwell

Old Post 12-04-2002 08:57 PM
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

A .com (or .org as it were) based on inaccurate or uncertain information is still inaccurate.
Not that I have any clue what you're talking about, but you can't trust every website you know.

Old Post 12-05-2002 01:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

lol, that's just one source and it was an easy source for me to put up for you guys.. I have loads and loads of Hmong history books and a magazine that explains the findings in China and research that went on there with scientists and historians and all... explains things really well and that's what got me to believe what I believe now...

oh, and it was offensive to me

Old Post 12-06-2002 06:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by Ladi Jay
lol, that's just one source and it was an easy source for me to put up for you guys.. I have loads and loads of Hmong history books and a magazine that explains the findings in China and research that went on there with scientists and historians and all... explains things really well and that's what got me to believe what I believe now...

oh, and it was offensive to me

um, i've been endorsing a multi-faceted view, allowing for multiple origins to be accepted, i don't see how that's offensive to you, especially when you call us ignorant, when i've displayed more of an educated opinion than you have, exempting your dogmatic claim of reading all these documents that say it's from china (those of which aren't absolutely true with certainty.....now that is ignorant, but did i say that? no, you did and didn't have any justification though and that is rather offensive)....so, did i ever. The only thing that makes you seem not ignorant is the mere fact that you are hmong, and we must be ignorant then since we're not huh? Read our posts and you'll see a lack of that which you speak of. You haven't said anything that presbyopic yourself.

Now, tell me how endorsing my viewpoint is somehow ignorant in comparison with you, not allowing for any other viewpoint in? Isn't that pretty much what ignorance is? I'm allowing many viewpoints in, and you allowing one...and me, ignorant? I don't see why you tossed that word in there, you said it earlier to ilsung where i think that was not justified either because it was all on assumptions...again, that is the icon of ignorance, not knowing, and you didn't know why ilsung said that and you just said he was ignorant...that is pretty much ignorance in itself julie i don't see how you are justified at all no matter how offended you were...(can you tell us what ofended you btw?). you knew nothing of his rationale at the time, and then just blatantly state: "and i thought I was ignorant!" or something, enquire before name calling please.

And ok, who cares if you were offended? you were the one who called everyone ignorant in the thread, so now me being offended doesn't matter because you are? Why are you so important? I'm offended too, i imagine some of these other guys are, i don't see how you can prioritize people in front of each other..."Hey, i'm offended, i might as well offend everyone else cause they deserve it!" that's what it sounds like.

finally, responding to your "loads and loads of hmong history books and magazines"...didn't i outline that all ready? There is no absolute certainty of where the hmongs originated from, and i would bet some money you haven't read all the loads of hmong history you have (let's not just reiterate my post from before, k? read it first)...regardless, it doesn't matter, what more does quantity prove? The majority of information regarding Tyrannosaurus Rex's says that they are sprinting predators, but does that mean it's true? Does the miniscule evidence showing T-Rex's are in fact scavengers mean they aren't scavengers just because there isn't that much written down on paper in comparison with the other theory? That is exactly what you are saying julie. Absolutely no substantiality at all.

-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 12-06-2002 at 10:03 PM

Old Post 12-06-2002 08:56 PM
ajy

Last edited by ajy on 12-07-2002 at 04:39 AM

Old Post 12-06-2002 09:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

I wasn't calling you ignorant, David... sorrie if it sounded like I was calling you ignorant... same with Tommy! I'm so sorrie... it wasn't said towards you two...

just that ilsung came in here and started ranting about things that just sounded very stupid to me... sorrie

Old Post 12-08-2002 05:55 AM
rawr itz errinn
Rawr~ SX! vrooooom!!

a lot of them have spanish blood in them....

Old Post 12-08-2002 06:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rawr itz errinn Click here to Send rawr itz errinn a Private Message Find more posts by rawr itz errinn Add rawr itz errinn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
just that ilsung came in here and started ranting about things that just sounded very stupid to me... sorrie

and that is when you should take the moral high ground and educate them patiently, instead of labeling them as ignorant and stupid.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 12-08-2002 08:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
I wasn't calling you ignorant, David... sorrie if it sounded like I was calling you ignorant... same with Tommy! I'm so sorrie... it wasn't said towards you two...

...all right. It seemed like you were from the first post and then when i replied saying "we're not being ignorant. It's rather offensive you call it that."...you replied with "oh, and it was offensive to me" as if to validate your statement saying that you were offended, thus we are all ignorant. I guess if you say you weren't calling us ignorant then i don't care...though i don't see why you didn't say so after my reply.

And i don't think ilsung is ignorant for reasons i've all ready outlined.

-Cromwell

Old Post 12-08-2002 05:55 PM
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

......yes i think filipinos are asians because the Phillipines is in Asia. and they are sub categorised as Pacific Islanders because their island country is in the Pacific Ocean.

Old Post 12-08-2002 06:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman

...all right. It seemed like you were from the first post and then when i replied saying "we're not being ignorant. It's rather offensive you call it that."...you replied with "oh, and it was offensive to me" as if to validate your statement saying that you were offended, thus we are all ignorant. I guess if you say you weren't calling us ignorant then i don't care...though i don't see why you didn't say so after my reply.

And i don't think ilsung is ignorant for reasons i've all ready outlined.

heh, I was being lazy and not reading your posts... I just wrote what I thought because what ilsung said WAS offensive to me...

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter

and that is when you should take the moral high ground and educate them patiently, instead of labeling them as ignorant and stupid.

I wasn't just refering to this thread either... posts in other threads as well

Old Post 12-08-2002 08:21 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:

heh, I was being lazy and not reading your posts... I just wrote what I thought because what ilsung said WAS offensive to me...

you've said that so many times, we know you were offended. Again though, you know ilsung didn't intend to be offensive, and not being part of asia is all of a sudden offensive? It wasn't even an ignorant statement, he knew what he was talking about, he didn't mean to offend you, thus there's no need to go and call him ignorant or anything, because it's far from that. If you knew he didn't mean to offend you i don't see why you proceeded to be, but it doesn't matter that much.

and yes, victor's statement still stands even with that last reply.

-Cromwell

Old Post 12-09-2002 01:19 AM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
I wasn't just refering to this thread either... posts in other threads as well

dude, address the point. Whether you meant multiple threads or not is irrelevant.

oh hmm i see david has already beaten me to the mark

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Last edited by Crazydeb8ter on 12-09-2002 at 02:21 AM

Old Post 12-09-2002 02:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote