Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Experience > the hardest thing
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
WhiteLee
"Oh we totally have to."

the hardest thing

What's the hardest thing you and your family have been thru?
If it's too personal to you, then ya don't have to say it. But for the ones who wish to, share all.

Here's mine:
I was around 8 when my mom almost died.
She had kidney/pancreas transplant because of her diabetes.
She had to have the surgery in another state and every weekend our family would go up and see her (long drive too).
the pancreas didn't work and she stayed in the hospital for months and months.
When she'd have to go back to the hospital, my heart would break every time.
it's still not easy to say this. let alone type it. but oh well. *tear

well, taht's about as detailed as i'll get.
if ya wanna share, share.

"Before and After" Ayumi Hamasaki

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-09-2002 02:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteLee Click here to Send WhiteLee a Private Message Visit WhiteLee's homepage! Find more posts by WhiteLee Add WhiteLee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

way too much to say..my family's life has been hell..so has my own life..i can truly say that i've been through hell and back...and kinda still in the pits of hell...

Old Post 08-09-2002 02:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nojeel Click here to Send Nojeel a Private Message Find more posts by Nojeel Add Nojeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

she was my fave grandma. i was one of her favorites too. when i was little, i lived in singapore and both my parents worked so my grandma (my mom's adoptive mother) took care of me. i remember how she use to hold my hand and take me to the morning market places and buy me my fave breakfast! we've had many, many special memories.....
but when i moved to america, i kinda lost in touch wit her. 3 years ago i had a chance to go on a tour to Europe. i always wanted to go. i also had a chance to go singapore wit my mom and my sisters to visit my grandma who diagnosed wit ear cancer. it was a tough decision, but i chose to go to Europe since my mom said we'll go to singapore again the next summer.
when we all came back from our trips, my mom told me how my grandma kept asking for me.... asking where i am and how come i didnt visit her.. and my mom also said my grandma kept talking about the past when i was little. my grandma kept repeating my name too.....
summer ended.... school started. fall and winter past. on Valentine's Day February 14th, my grandma died of cancer. i never got to say goodbye........

Old Post 08-09-2002 05:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HHxEliTE
S2

i've been through alotta shiet with my parents... our relationship is like.. realie messed up.... and.... my life's messed up too.. buh ya know.. iSs SAll gOOd

Old Post 08-09-2002 07:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HHxEliTE Click here to Send HHxEliTE a Private Message Find more posts by HHxEliTE Add HHxEliTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

quote:
Originally posted by UnisMuiMui
she was my fave grandma. i was one of her favorites too. when i was little, i lived in singapore and both my parents worked so my grandma (my mom's adoptive mother) took care of me. i remember how she use to hold my hand and take me to the morning market places and buy me my fave breakfast! we've had many, many special memories.....
but when i moved to america, i kinda lost in touch wit her. 3 years ago i had a chance to go on a tour to Europe. i always wanted to go. i also had a chance to go singapore wit my mom and my sisters to visit my grandma who diagnosed wit ear cancer. it was a tough decision, but i chose to go to Europe since my mom said we'll go to singapore again the next summer.
when we all came back from our trips, my mom told me how my grandma kept asking for me.... asking where i am and how come i didnt visit her.. and my mom also said my grandma kept talking about the past when i was little. my grandma kept repeating my name too.....
summer ended.... school started. fall and winter past. on Valentine's Day February 14th, my grandma died of cancer. i never got to say goodbye........

omg... that's so sad... I'm sorrie... it's like, we never know that we're gonna lose them until we do... then we realize it...

anyways, the hardest thing for me was when my parents divorced and the events that occured after it... I was too young to know anything when my parents divorced, buh all the events that happened after the divorce, I remember... it's so hard for me... all the events that occured in my past is what makes me so emotional... that's why I can cry so damn easily... and it's one of the reasons why I love my dad so much... I remember very little, buh all those little things that I remember can still break me to pieces... my younger sisters don't remember as much as me, so they approach this situation a little differently... It's like, because of the divorce, I don't know who to talk to... see, I live with my dad and my mom is not around... and I don't really feel a connection to my stepmom, so it's hard to tell her things... like boys and growing up... so I depend on my sisters to talk to... sometimes, I wish I had my mom there to talk to, to share things with... I don't really know how it feels like to have a mom... and it's kinda sad for me... that's why I'm gonna learn from my parents mistake... I KNOW that I will be there for my children.. especially my daughters because I know what it's like to have to talk to my dad about growing up and going through puberty and all... it's so hard sometimes... I guess we all learn from our experiences and we try to avoid going through that situation again... well, in my case it's like that at least...

Old Post 08-09-2002 09:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

my uncle's health is very poor. his eye sight is so bad. the doctors say that if his health goes on like this, then his eyes will eventually fall out. he divorced his wife, and lives to support my grandmother and his daughter. if hes gone, and my grandmother gone, whos gonna help raise my cousin? the doctor bills are piling up on him, we send him money every month so help him pay for them, but what we send are pennies compared to the total cost. i remember when i was young, id always used to play with him. he was my role model, my favorite uncle. and to hear that his health is bad...its makes you wonder if there really is a God.

Old Post 08-09-2002 10:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jini
nan.. yunjiniee da ~

well. technically, my parents are still married. but my mom n i just left the house. i remember that day my mom told me that we're never goin back to the house.

it was around noon and i left the house to meet my friend at the library. before i left, i saw my sister on the couch. she looked pretty sad, i couldn't even say 'bye' to her. i regret bein such a crappy sister to her.

but i met my friend at the library.. then we walked to another friend's house. my mom picked us up there. she took my friend home. then she told me that she just couldn't handle it anymore. n we've been livin outside the house from then on.

it's been almost 2 years since i saw my sister.. i don't want to think about it. because if i do, it just makes my heart break all over again.

there's not a day that goes by that i regret how i treated my sister. i lay awake at night thinking... what is she doing right now.. how is she... the curiousity just kills me. all i can do is pray that she'll be alright until the day i come for her.

wherever you go, whatever you do
i will be right here waiting for you
whatever it takes or how my heart breaks

Old Post 08-14-2002 05:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jini Click here to Send jini a Private Message Visit jini's homepage! Find more posts by jini Add jini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

wen i wuz little mai parents used to hav veri violent fights...i remember bein round 5-6 and hudling wit mai lil sister crying and crying listening to our parents yell and scream and break things and slap and hurt each othr. there'd be broken things lying all over the place and blood on their shirts. this went on almost every weekend and mai sister and i were powerless to stop it. sumtymz mai uncle wud cum over to try to resolve things, but it never worked. he just got mad and he wud leave and the fighting wud continue.

well, we all started going to church and things became a lot better we're a happi family now...but then mai dad wuz diagnosed wit hepatitis B and there wuz a period of time wen he wuz very, very weak and he cudn't do nething...it wuz so scary seeing my strong, handsome daddy whom i luved so much lying in bed sleeping all the time and waching him grow thinner and thinner. he finalli had to go to the hospital and he stayed there for a week. it wuz a very, very scary time for all of us....

wen i wuz 7 i broke mai arm. it wuz pretti scary for me (duh) but i had no idea how mai parents and family took it until a few yrs later and they were talkin bout how mai mom and granma stayed up all nite wen i wuz at the hospital and prayed and prayed. they were crying and were so scared...i wuzn't even that scared :huh:

Old Post 08-14-2002 10:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jini
nan.. yunjiniee da ~

quote:
Originally posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM
wen i wuz little mai parents used to hav veri violent fights...i remember bein round 5-6 and hudling wit mai lil sister crying and crying listening to our parents yell and scream and break things and slap and hurt each othr. there'd be broken things lying all over the place and blood on their shirts. this went on almost every weekend and mai sister and i were powerless to stop it. sumtymz mai uncle wud cum over to try to resolve things, but it never worked. he just got mad and he wud leave and the fighting wud continue.

well, we all started going to church and things became a lot better we're a happi family now...but then mai dad wuz diagnosed wit hepatitis B and there wuz a period of time wen he wuz very, very weak and he cudn't do nething...it wuz so scary seeing my strong, handsome daddy whom i luved so much lying in bed sleeping all the time and waching him grow thinner and thinner. he finalli had to go to the hospital and he stayed there for a week. it wuz a very, very scary time for all of us....

i feel ya... i'm glad that things became a lot better.
things can only get better from here.. right?

wherever you go, whatever you do
whatever it takes or how my heart breaks

Old Post 08-16-2002 03:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jini Click here to Send jini a Private Message Visit jini's homepage! Find more posts by jini Add jini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peruperu
bored..... ~>_<~

when i was in grade 3 my parenst almost divorce..... they argue everyday.... and one time my dad took the passport and left..... i thought he's never coming back.... my mom cried all the time..... and all i can do is cry with my stuffed animals..... and from that on my personality changed dramatically......
even tho now they're still married..... i only see my dad bout once every 3 months and for a week........ well..... and i dun really like my dad.......

i'm a sleepy pig~~ hehe~~

http://members.shaw.ca/peruperu/

Old Post 08-16-2002 05:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for peruperu Click here to Send peruperu a Private Message Visit peruperu's homepage! Find more posts by peruperu Add peruperu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PakChunhui1983

Mine was when my old gf, not the one im dating now was shot by a gang member by accident when she was 17 years old. Me and her went thru everything together...i have a picture of her in my wallet.

Old Post 09-14-2002 07:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PakChunhui1983 Click here to Send PakChunhui1983 a Private Message Find more posts by PakChunhui1983 Add PakChunhui1983 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

quote:
Originally posted by PakChunhui1983
Mine was when my old gf, not the one im dating now was shot by a gang member by accident when she was 17 years old. Me and her went thru everything together...i have a picture of her in my wallet.

oofz.. sorrie to hear mann.. ouch thas sum ruffness fer yoo... damnz.. that seriousli sukz... prollie went thru sum hardd tymz rite?? sorrie to hear bout..

Old Post 09-14-2002 08:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PakChunhui1983

quote:
Originally posted by Street RSX

oofz.. sorrie to hear mann.. ouch thas sum ruffness fer yoo... damnz.. that seriousli sukz... prollie went thru sum hardd tymz rite?? sorrie to hear bout..

Heres the whole story. I don't care if i spill the truth because its all in the past.

Me and my childhood friend knew each other since we were babies. No joke, our parents know each other back in korea. Anyway, we went to the same church, schools and same vacation every summer, which was korea. She was like a sister and a close friend. When we were 17 and before summer, she asked me on the phone if i wanted to try to visit her uncle that lived in Pomona , CA. So i told her sure. I remember visiting her uncle there and we were staying for a 3 week period. Then i remember her uncle telling us to walk with my cousin to the korean grocery store in downtown to pick up some food. I don't know if the bullet was accident or meant for her cousin, but some asian guy..maybe chinese or korean drove by and shot random at us. I just stood there with my mouth open and my cousin was " Get down you idiot" and then i saw my gf had been shot in the stomach and thigh. She was ****ing motionless. I remember being in the hospital crying like a baby...while her uncle and cousin was trying not to cry also. Later that night, we told her parents and they flew right to pomona that day and came to the hospital...She was dead at 5:32 am.

After the funeral, i came back to charlotte and helped her parents pack her belongings. Her parents decided to move back to korea and not return to the US , since they didn't want to be reminded her their daughter's death in california.

about 3 days after the shooting, they found the guy. Turns out he was a gang member named Tony Cheng who was to shoot at her cousin, but shot the wrong person. As of right now, hes serving a life term with no chance of parole.

While attending college the following year in the fall, i saw this korean girl, who will become my new gf, in my math class. She looks exactly like my old gf...and same personality. Maybe it was a sign from god or some shit. Its been 3 years since that incident. Im not going back to Ca in the future because of this.

Old Post 09-15-2002 05:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PakChunhui1983 Click here to Send PakChunhui1983 a Private Message Find more posts by PakChunhui1983 Add PakChunhui1983 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ibabiExbOrai
[ .b e b e d o r qx. ]

ahh...sorry bout wuh happened kevin...>.< hope u doin aiighZz...dat muss be really hard for u....nothing lyke datz ever happened to me..but Godz alwayz wid us...to help pull us throo times like these~ i feel so lucky to not have experienced something like that....the most hardest thing for me..im not sure...probably when mah grandpa wuhz siCk..i wuhz so worrieD..buh compared to all these otha storiezz....wow...

Old Post 09-15-2002 05:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ibabiExbOrai Click here to Send ibabiExbOrai a Private Message Find more posts by ibabiExbOrai Add ibabiExbOrai to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PakChunhui1983

thanks for the comfort. :satisfy:

Things with my current gf are not going well either...

Old Post 09-15-2002 06:44 AM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by PakChunhui1983

While attending college the following year in the fall, i saw this korean girl, who will become my new gf, in my math class. She looks exactly like my old gf...and same personality. Maybe it was a sign from god or some shit. Its been 3 years since that incident. Im not going back to Ca in the future because of this.

Damn, im sorry about what happened...that is too sad to comprehend :sad:

uh the girl you referenced above isn't your present gf eh?

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 09-15-2002 06:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ibabiExbOrai
[ .b e b e d o r qx. ]

hehe npnp~ dont let the past bring u down....although it may be really hard to go on..everyone keep ur chinz up~ :]

Old Post 09-15-2002 04:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ibabiExbOrai Click here to Send ibabiExbOrai a Private Message Find more posts by ibabiExbOrai Add ibabiExbOrai to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PakChunhui1983

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter

Damn, im sorry about what happened...that is too sad to comprehend :sad:

uh the girl you referenced above isn't your present gf eh?

She is. Came from New York. You know how those New York korean girls are..

Old Post 09-15-2002 05:24 PM
bigChubuff

my dad died 2 years ago

Old Post 09-15-2002 09:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:
Originally posted by bigChubuff
my dad died 2 years ago

oohh sorry to hear dat... if u dun mind sharing, how did he die?

to PakChunhui1983, sorry to hear abour ur ex-gf...

stay strong!!

Old Post 09-16-2002 03:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote