Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > Anybody actually debate on a team?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
-jzn-
HwanHee Wannabe

Anybody actually debate on a team?

Fun stuff to do! I suggest you try it.
Your BS/improvizational skills go straight through the roof if you practice enough.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-02-2002 10:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for -jzn- Click here to Send -jzn- a Private Message Find more posts by -jzn- Add -jzn- to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

yeah, I debate for my school. You guys go to any national tournaments this year? My school's not bad, we're ok. anyone goin to any institutes this summer, I'm gonna be at ddi.

Old Post 04-03-2002 10:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

i debated my freshman year in high school. it was fun, but i never got into it enough to go to competitions.

Old Post 04-03-2002 11:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-jzn-
HwanHee Wannabe

Last year, our school swept districts public debate (which was pretty good for a 10 member team)

Of course... I wasn't on it.

My partner and I are going to districts this year... *prays*

I don't know if i'll have time during the summer for institutes.

Old Post 04-03-2002 07:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for -jzn- Click here to Send -jzn- a Private Message Find more posts by -jzn- Add -jzn- to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

me!me!!! I'm first year though :(

My best accomplishment: I broke at USC.....whoohoo

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 04-05-2002 02:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

yeah, this year was my first year in it. I had issues with finding a steady partner, so i basically went to two JV tourney's and then Novice state qualifiers and states. We didn't do as well as we hoped for at states, but... oh well. Novices at our school didn't get to do anything, i'm glad i won't be one next year. Anyway, i'll be going to SDI this summer, what's everyone else going to? (if any)

Old Post 04-05-2002 07:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

i'm thinkin about going to Stanford or Berkeley camp but i'm gettin kinda sick of next year's topic already

Oh btw, snowman,were the JV tourney's you went to National Tournaments? If so, which ones were they?

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 04-05-2002 08:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Another JV team (normally debating Varsity) went to Glenbrooks (won the whole tourney!), EGR (east grand rapids), and are now in Atlanta for another one. They wouldn't waste the money on us tyro debators . I wish they would though. We only went to Holland, MI tourney, and the Groves tournament here in Michiganian land. I go to Portage Northern in Michigan if you have ever heard of us. Shall you be debating next year Crazydeb8ter? I think we may be going to more national tourney's next year. What you know about next year TM11 (goes to same school)?

Old Post 04-06-2002 07:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

i dun know, i didn't sign up for it (but i can get that changed in the beginning of next year). Frankly, all this talk about CTBT, BWC, Nunn-Lugar, and a bunch other cases(any1 heard of Haarp?) has been wearing me out. So i might or i might not, depends on how i'm feeling But debate, i would say, has been a great activity for me, and is definately my fav.
Dude, if you're debating varsity next year, go to USC (Uni Southern Cali), its hella fun because it's in LA and also its pretty fuggin' easy= Easy TOC bid

After that go to Stanford supposedly that was pretty easy too. One of our teams (Head-Rocyce HT- Houska, Tong) went 6-0 at Stanford

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 04-06-2002 09:42 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Yeah yeah, Easy TOC bid, sounds good . You have to sign up for debate in your school? For us we just conduct afterschool because the class is a joke (i was in it this year), and the varsity guys teach and stuff after. Yeah, it'd be sweet to go to USC, and supposedly we have a high debate budget so it might work. .

Old Post 04-06-2002 12:48 PM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

hehe, yeah debate at my school is actually a class . hmm...you guys don't have a coach??
Yeah go to USC! Hit on all dem fine asian chicks there! puahah

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 04-06-2002 12:55 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

haha, we have a new coach that didn't even know the procedures or rules of debate before the season started. So we do and we don't. On the other hand we have two assistant coaches that we hired whom are very knowledgable of the subject and they coach varsity (they graduated last year). Our actual coach can judge rounds now though . She'll get better i imagine.

Yeah yeah, sweet. There aren't any asian girls around here, only around like 3 i've seen at the entire tournaments. Anyway, keep on debating CrazyDeb8ter!

Old Post 04-06-2002 01:01 PM
-jzn-
HwanHee Wannabe

man...
my partner and i just went 4th at districts,
frickin lame, can't even go to state

:(

Old Post 04-06-2002 10:38 PM
tenshi

hmm.. not debate, but i'm active in my school's forensics society. i didn't get into forensics until my sophomore year, and shied away from the more politically driven events. i'm more of an IE'er... i'm into OI, expos, DI, and some HI.. (if those abbreviations don't mean anything to you, my apologies. :satisfy: ) but i love forensics. nice to see other asian (as i assume you are..) kids (that, too. :P) who share similar passions around here.

This is me down on my knees
These foolish games are tearing me apart
And your thoughtless words are breaking my heart
Excuse me, think I've mistaken you for somebody else
Somebody who gave a damn
Somebody more like myself

Old Post 04-21-2002 11:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tenshi Click here to Send tenshi a Private Message Find more posts by tenshi Add tenshi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

haha humorous interpt is coo.

I remember some HI kid came into our room when we were doing a policy debate and when we were done, he was in shock b/c of the spreading so he started asking us all these questions about spreading (speed reading/talking). hahah, iunno, i suppose its funny if one is actually there haha err..yea

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 05-03-2002 03:52 PM