Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Creative Writing > [short fic]My Perfect Man [feat. Kangta]
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
lovedontloveme

Wink short fic: My Perfect Man [feat. Kangta]

My Perfect Man.

Have you ever wondered why you turn music up loud? I mean, you could just turn it up loud enough so that you can hear the words clearly, so why do we turn it up so loud? I always turn my music up loud, I feel as though the words and notes are surrounding me, sheltering me, and I’m in my own little world. That’s how Chilhyun made me feel; we were in our only little world; when he wraps his arms around me, I feel as though nothing can touch us, no harm will come our way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’ve dated a few guys, they were sweet I guess, but I never ended up dating any of them for longer than 2 weeks; I wanted my perfect man, and none of them were it. I guess I’m picky. I’m sure I must’ve broken a few hearts, but I remained friends with all my ex’s.

I had to admit, I knew I attracted guys, but it always seemed I attracted them for all the wrong reasons. Just once I wanted to find a man that didn’t want me because I looked sexy or cute or innocent whatever. I wanted a man who had a passion, a man who could make me laugh, a goofy guy, just a guy who wanted me for me. Sigh. I knew I wanted too much, the perfect guy… someone who was taller than me, good looking, could make me laugh, respected their family, was smarter than me, had an open mind, someone who made me feel protected, and most of all special.

That’s how I came about “studying” in the campus library, I figured smart men need books right?

I was daydreaming, picturing my perfect man when I spotted two tall guys, both exceedingly handsome. ‘whoa momma… they are hot!’ I thought to myself, while wondering if one of them could be my perfect man. Hmm, well they’re in the library… let’s see if they’re intelligent…

I peered over the edge of my gigantic book I was “studying” and spied on them. They were sitting at the desk across from me.

“Chilhyun bro, I really don’t think we’re gonna find any chicks in here man, for god sakes, it’s the LIBRARY”

So the one with bangs was Chilhyun… Hmm, I guess they had the same objective as me. Great, I lowered my book and just plain out stared at them, they were just too hot.

“Junjin, trust me, where else are we gonna find chicks that can actually think? And plus, I doubt those airheads could find us in here. Hyori and Yuri are so annoying”

And the other guy must be Junjin. Hyori and Yuri? Ah, it’s those two bimbo’s that have a new crush every month. Last month, November, it was Minwoo and WooHyuk they were after. I had to admit, they did go after good-looking guys. Once Minwoo and WooHyuk realized that they were November’s two men of the month, Minwoo transferred colleges and WooHyuk stayed in his dorm room all the time except to go to classes. Haha, I was beginning to feel sorry for this Chilhyun boy and Junjin.

I was still staring at them and remembering how Yuri had stalked Minwoo for the first two days when I realized that Chilhyun was staring back at me. Shit. I tried to pick up the book again but I was so embarrassed that I got caught staring that I ended up dropping the book on the ground with a loud thud, all the geeks and other students turned around and gave me dirty looks, as though I had disturbed their little sanctuary. Crap.

“Uh, hehe sorry everyone!”

I retrieved the book and looked down again, embarrassed as hell. Sigh, there goes my chances with those two hotties.

Just when I thought I was out of luck I saw Chilhyun heading my way. Crap tatz, what’s he doing?

“Uh hi, you’re JiHye right?”

Oh… he knows my name…
I became suspicious…
I waited for him to ask me out, like all the other guys did.

“Yup…”

“Your top of the class right? Do you think you can tutor me in psychology?”

Uh what. I can’t believe it, he wants me to tutor him? And how come i've never noticed him before? Well then, maybe he’s not so smart after all. And psychology? How does he know I’m good in psychology. Damn, is he another of those stalkers…? But then again, he does have a very hot friend, and he’s not so bad himself… hmm…
I sat there going over my choices, oblivious to the fact that Chilhyun was waiting for an answer.

Cough.

“Oh… uh how did you know I was good in psychology?” I asked, wondering what he would say to cover up his stalker ways.

“Well uh, I saw the book you were reading and figure that you must be pretty smart..”

I looked down at the book I had grabbed from one of the shelves without looking, I realized it was ‘Advanced psychology, for those superior students’. Whoa, what a ridiculous title for a book, I sat there wondering why oh why did I have to choose a psychology book when Chilhyun interrupted my thoughts again.
“So will you tutor me? I really need help, I’ll pay you if you want”

Money!! $$! My mind became filled with dollar signs and luxury cars. I agreed straight away.

”Oh hehe, hell yeah sure! What’s your name? When can we start?”

“How bout now?”

“Um, okay”

So Chilhyun and I headed over to their table. I could sense him laughing inside at my clumsiness earlier. But I never got around to tutoring him that day; we just sat there talking about our majors and the like. They were really easy to talk to! In fact I never got around to tutoring Chilhyun the whole time I’ve known him. Every time I asked him when it was that he wanted to have a tutoring session… he always ended up putting them off and asked me out to a movie or such.

-------------

i couldnt fit it all in one post so the next post will have the rest of the fic..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-06-2002 01:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lovedontloveme Click here to Send lovedontloveme a Private Message Visit lovedontloveme's homepage! Find more posts by lovedontloveme Add lovedontloveme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lovedontloveme

We’d been going through this routine of me asking if he wanted to get tutored next week or so, and him telling me he wanted to watch a movie for about a month when I realized that maybe he never really wanted a tutor. Yes call me naïve, dense whatever. But when I realized this, I didn’t really mind, I had grown fond of him and his friends. In fact I was glad to have some company, a lot of my other friends, ditched me a long while ago, calling me a player for dumping all those guys. I brushed it off, thinking if they were true friends, they wouldn’t care if I was a player anyway. I didn’t even consider my self a player either. Bleh.

Chilhyun and I were in starbucks, sitting side by side, staring out the window; me sipping my white chocolate mocha frappucino (my favorite) and him sipping his latte when he popped a question out of nowhere.

“JiHye, why’d you date all those guys and then dump them so quickly?”

I didn’t know how to answer his question. I mean, I knew what the answer was, but I didn’t want to tell Chilhyun, in case he’d think badly of me. While I had befriended him, I had gone out with his friend, Junjin and then broken up with him a week later. I remained a hi-bye friend with Junjin while remaining close friends with Chilhyun. He was one of my few good friends, someone I had grown used to and had grown to trust and need. I decided to tell him the truth, I mean, if he really was a good friend, he wouldn’t care right?

I shrugged my shoulders and replied, “Well, I’m still looking for the perfect guy…
I mean, I have to find out what the guys like right? So I go out with the guy, to give him a chance, if he’s not the perfect man that I want, then I’ll break up with him. Chilhyun, don’t use the word ‘dump’ it makes me feel like such a bitch”, I answered him while punching him lightly on the shoulder.

He didn’t hit me back like he usually would have; in fact he looked deep in thought.

“Chilhyun, what’s up? What you thinking bout?”

Chilhyun looked up, and into my eyes, almost as though he wanted me to figure out the answer to my own question; I looked into his eyes, and couldn’t look away. We sat there staring at each other, and it was then that I felt this warmth in me, tingling me that I had never felt before.

“JiHye…”

I blinked when he said my name, the moment interrupted.

“JiHye, what is your perfect man? Can’t you settle for someone that loves you? What else matters when a man loves you?”

I saw there thinking about what he said, no longer staring at his eyes but trying not to stare directly at him. I couldn’t take my eyes away from him though.

“Well…”

I took a deep breath, ready to tell him all the little things that the perfect man would have.

My words came out in a jumble, and I don’t think Chilhyun even heard them.

“JiHye, will you give me a chance?”

I was so unsure, I mean, this was Chilhyun, my best friend practically, here he was asking me for a chance… did he mean that he wanted me to be his girlfriend..?

What was it that I felt when we looked into each others eyes? Sigh, this is sounding incredibly sappy, but I couldn’t help but hear voices inside of me shouting ‘Say yes!’.

“Yes!”

I shouted, annoyed with my conscience. Oops. I think I scared him.

As soon as he heard my reply, Chilhyun cupped my face, and said to me, “JiHye, I’m so happy!”

I rubbed my cheeks and said “I’m glad you’re happy Chilhyun, but now my cheeks feel all hot!”

Chilhyun laughed. He pulled me outside, and like little kids we jumped around in the fresh snow.

Wow, I feel so happy, yet Chilhyun isn’t all that my ‘perfect man’ was supposed to be, I felt so light though, and I actually looked forward to the future.

It’s been a year, I’m still with Chilhyun, Haha, surprising? I don’t know what exactly it is about him that kept me with him for so… so long. Well, long in my standards haha. He’s made me a happy girl, all the little things he does for me, they make me feel so special, and although he doesn’t fit the description of my ‘perfect man’ I love him to bits.

For our one year anniversary, we had already decided we didn’t want to give each other anything, yes call us a weird couple haha, just one of those things that make our relationship special I guess. We decided to go back to the small starbucks where he asked me out. Where he had asked me why I had to have a ‘perfect man’.

I came early, and when I saw him enter, I ran up to him and hugged him, and he wrapped his arms around me.

“Happy 1 year anniversary babe!”

“Mmm, I love you JiHye, hun, you smell like coffee”

I stuck my tongue out at him, “Well you smell like sweat, psh, what did you do, run here or something?”

We sat down side by side, staring out the window, and played around a little bit, sipping our coffee. I leaned my head on his shoulder. Like he said - ‘perfect fit’. We were the perfect heights where I could lean my head on his shoulder and be comfortable, where he could wrap his arms around me from behind and I would fit just under his chin. I smiled as I remembered all the times we spent together.

Just sitting there in a comfortable silence we stared at the snow, I smiled to myself, I felt so serene, so light, I couldn’t believe how lucky I was, to have a guy like Chilhyun.

“JiHye…”

“Hmm?”

“Lets go outside!”

Chilhyun had this ridiculously cute smile on his face as he grabbed my hand and we headed out of starbucks, into the snow again.

Chilhyun wrapped his arms around me as we stood in open, snowflakes lightly falling from the sky. We were in our own little world, the music surrounded me and I realized I had found my perfect man. Chilhyun wasn’t exactly super smart, or passionate about cooking or something but he made me laugh, he made me happy, and most of all he made me feel special. It was all the little things that mattered, and Chilhyun was all that, he was my everything, my perfect man.

-------

i did this while i was bored at home... got the idea while listening to shinhwa' song 'perfect man'
hehe
please tell me what you thought of it everyone

Last edited by lovedontloveme on 04-17-2002 at 09:26 PM

Old Post 04-06-2002 01:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lovedontloveme Click here to Send lovedontloveme a Private Message Visit lovedontloveme's homepage! Find more posts by lovedontloveme Add lovedontloveme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hyunnie03
kang ta's yujah

awww its so sweet i really liked it

Old Post 04-06-2002 05:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hyunnie03 Click here to Send hyunnie03 a Private Message Visit hyunnie03's homepage! Find more posts by hyunnie03 Add hyunnie03 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

oooooo nice nice!

Old Post 04-07-2002 04:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lovedontloveme

thanks
ur comments mean alot to me

Old Post 04-08-2002 03:08 PM
shoujo

it's so sweet..

Old Post 04-13-2002 04:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for shoujo Click here to Send shoujo a Private Message Find more posts by shoujo Add shoujo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lovedontloveme

thankyou,
!! it means alot to me (:

Old Post 04-14-2002 04:47 PM
yupkipucca
::Yupki::

aww... itz so good!!!

Old Post 04-17-2002 02:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for yupkipucca Click here to Send yupkipucca a Private Message Find more posts by yupkipucca Add yupkipucca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
girl0verdose
G.o.d & Click B Jjang

Definitely sweet, great work Vi ^^
now if only such thing would happen to me in rl...

Old Post 04-22-2002 03:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for girl0verdose Click here to Send girl0verdose a Private Message Visit girl0verdose's homepage! Find more posts by girl0verdose Add girl0verdose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DavidCorndog

My HERO!

hi angeldust...a familiar name!

i signed up especially so that i could reply to you. (oohhh...when i hit the italicize button that little box popped up...exciting!)

that was great! you have (there that box goes again!) to post that at the WA! it really reminded me of how kami writes...you're my new hero...^^

well, i'm off now...keep writing!

david the corndog

Old Post 05-13-2002 07:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DavidCorndog Click here to Send DavidCorndog a Private Message Find more posts by DavidCorndog Add DavidCorndog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lovedontloveme

ahahah thanks davit! [[[[[[:
your comments are really flattering, you're a sweetheart! q:
oh my, i actually got another chapter of winter story up O.O woopie for me! haha ^____^

Old Post 05-16-2002 10:58 PM
Babu2002

You should send it in somewhere.... Sounds like a cute love testimonial...

Old Post 05-21-2002 06:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Babu2002 Click here to Send Babu2002 a Private Message Find more posts by Babu2002 Add Babu2002 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blue snow

Thumbs up Cool

Wow.. cool & sweet.. I like it a lot

bring serene 2 your soul...
So...Freeze all the blue in your heart....
And melt it together with the snow....
Let it disappear when the sunrays come..

Old Post 06-04-2002 04:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for blue snow Click here to Send blue snow a Private Message Find more posts by blue snow Add blue snow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote