Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Enlightenment > the future
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
micron
all i need is a miracle

the future

from time to time, an invention is made that radically change our society and shape the future. for example, electricity, the automobile, the computer, and finally, the internet have found itself into our world and things havent been the same ever since..

what will the future hold? what do you think will be the next "biggie"?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-09-2002 04:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

probably artificial intelligence. kinda scary to think about tho.

Old Post 05-09-2002 04:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

they'd prOlly have calculatOrs wit web access ^^

but i'd like "them" to create flying bikes..flying skates..and flying cars..

Old Post 05-09-2002 04:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Nanotechnology

we are going to have to have substantial legislation changes in order to accomodate this, it'll be crazy and i don't know how we're going to do it if it progresses far enough. Because along with this is, people who've read the case know, NanoEcology, NanoMedicine, Nano Green technology, and anything we can think of basically. Surprisingly enough, at the nanoconventions that take place each year they are progressing quite well, substantial steps have been acquired in manipulating the atoms and even rearranging them. I don't know when it's going to get advanced enough for application but it'll be a revolution in technology.

Old Post 05-09-2002 04:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

yeah, I agree with david, the smaller stuff, like nanotech will revolutionize everything. With further understanding of quantum mechanics we'll be able to do a lot of stuff, with both nanotech. and quantum stuff... ok this post isn't totally coherent, but that's what i think at least..

Old Post 05-09-2002 05:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

cloning a full capable no defect human.... that's scary tho... i don't want that happening

AI.. that's scary too... robots... than can think.. eesh

yay i want flying cars too! like the last movie of back to the future... haha and autodrying jackets (ahhhh jp jp jp jp)

mm..... i have no idea tho..... that's why it's the future....

Old Post 05-09-2002 06:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

whatever it is, we'll probably never think of it. Inventions like those are things that have never really been thought of before. If they did, then they would've happened sooner.

Old Post 05-10-2002 09:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zero-Sen

quote:
Originally posted by huby40
whatever it is, we'll probably never think of it. Inventions like those are things that have never really been thought of before. If they did, then they would've happened sooner.

hell space travel was thought about for CENTURIES before anyone achieved it. thinking about it does not help them come about faster.

Same with flight, i bet you the FIRST human wanted to fly. (adam. )

Old Post 05-11-2002 06:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zero-Sen Click here to Send Zero-Sen a Private Message Find more posts by Zero-Sen Add Zero-Sen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i agree, saying that it will happen by chance simply because it may have appeared to happen that way in the past doesn't justify any reason for it to happen again.

anyway, yeah zero-sen has a point, we thought of flying, and along with that we thought of lightbulbs, we thought of a lot of things and since we dreamt them that did make them come faster, it just took awhile.

Thats like saying that because our economy seems cyclical in nature, that we are going to naturally go into recessions and assensions in a cycle nature simply because of a pattern. When in actuality, it is the result of factors very unrelated to the empiric results.

Old Post 05-11-2002 06:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
annabanana
Food Moderator

PlayStation 3.

Last edited by annabanana on 06-29-2002 at 04:15 AM

Old Post 05-27-2002 09:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

quote:
Originally posted by annabanana
PlayStation 3.

ahhhhhhh hahahaha.... hahahah....

............ .........................

ahhhhhh aahahah....

okay okay i'm done...

well i guess the next big this is probably going to be something so simple. like it would have been DUH.... but ppl just thought to.... advancedly(ahhh haah i know that's not a real word?) ... so like some simpleton is going to come up with the next bajillion dollar invention..... something SO SO practical no one has thought of it.....

..... that's what everyone is talking about right? but wouldn't it be cool? flying cars..... yea.... cruzin on the air ways... on my new flying car....

Old Post 05-28-2002 04:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lovedontloveme

ummm i have no idea what nanotechnology is; can someone explain it to me please? ]:
and yeah, i agree with seung ju - AI. ahh it's scary, but yes, I think that's gonna affect us hugely. -.-

Old Post 05-28-2002 08:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lovedontloveme Click here to Send lovedontloveme a Private Message Visit lovedontloveme's homepage! Find more posts by lovedontloveme Add lovedontloveme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

nanotechnology, contrary to what most think, is not building things smaller and smaller unti they reach a microscopic size...for a limit will reach when we will just not be able to get any smaller. Nanotech is taking the idea backwards...instead of building things smaller and smaller, lets just build things out of smaller materials...namely atoms. think about it, you can't keep on making...say a computer, smaller and smaller. Sooner or later, it will lose the quality it had when it was bigger and there will be a point where you won't be able to make it any smaller without suffering a decrease in quality. Nanotech is the solution. It's just, lets build things out of atoms.

Basically, nanotech revolves around the concept that all things in this world, living and nonliving, are made of atoms. And if we rearrange these atoms we can build just like mother nature did the creatures and objects we want. It's like the building blocks of nature. We can make whatever we want, literally.

All of nanotech rests on the invention of the invention of one machine for it to commence in full force...the Universal Assembler. It's basically just a machine that can "assemble" atoms. So then we can begin studying exactly how things are made in the structure of atoms and make whatever we want literally, even dinosaurs, know what i mean? This will be reeeeaally controversial in the control of this technology.

Also, adding to this is the fact that since we can make anything, we can make something bad as well. Like a perfectly engineered virus, what the scientific community calls the "gray-goo effect", that will spread throughout the earth wiping out all life on earth. The perfectly engineered virus, whoaho hehe. yeah, sorry for the long post

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 05-28-2002 08:57 PM
kandi

cloning
i really hope they woont clone ppl
society & technology really has gone too far
next thing u know ppl are getting married at 16 yrs old & life span is around 30
it used to be 300 something

Old Post 06-19-2002 08:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kandi Click here to Send kandi a Private Message Find more posts by kandi Add kandi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
neXt

the next biggie?

I read an article today about some australian scientists/researchers who teleported a laser bean using radio waves or something like that.. not quite sure cuz it was full of tech talk and stuff haha but apparently it could be a big leap in technology equivalent to the development of the transittors that you find in conventional computers. Using such a technology computers can be millions of times faster.

They still say teleportation, as seen on star trek and other scifi, is far far away but the guys think its entirely possible. :sleepy:

Old Post 06-20-2002 07:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for neXt Click here to Send neXt a Private Message Find more posts by neXt Add neXt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by neXt
the next biggie?

I read an article today about some australian scientists/researchers who teleported a laser bean using radio waves or something like that.. not quite sure cuz it was full of tech talk and stuff haha but apparently it could be a big leap in technology equivalent to the development of the transittors that you find in conventional computers. Using such a technology computers can be millions of times faster.

They still say teleportation, as seen on star trek and other scifi, is far far away but the guys think its entirely possible. :sleepy:

Hah! sweet, i read that as well and additionally saw it on techtv. Yeah, what they've done is destroy a laser beam/pattern, and reconstruct it exactly as a replica some distance away from it. The total time takes only 1 nanosecond. Sure, they can teleport or "destroy and recreate" light in primitive forms now, but transporting any kind of matter is going to be a tremendous leap. But they did say they expect it within 5 to 10 years on techtv, even though i doubt it cause they are always wrong about those things. Humans being transported may never happen because of the amount of complexities that lie within the atom makeup, and they have YET to transport a single atom. Applications that can be used right now as stated in the preceding post are for faster processors and such in computers, and in the future they say even inanimate objects will be able to be transported.

Interesting to think about. I don't think it'll be as big as nanotech though, but thats just my opinion. In a way, they are on the same page though.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 06-20-2002 09:53 PM
Nojeel

Technology is growing everyday..can't really know exactly what their gonna make next...its very frightening with all these new technologies coming up.. the next thing they invent..could be our demise..you never know

Old Post 06-21-2002 12:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nojeel Click here to Send Nojeel a Private Message Find more posts by Nojeel Add Nojeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

boneless galbee..

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 06-28-2002 08:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
boneless galbee..

hahahaha well thats a new one
the future hmmm i want a hovercar! and a lightsaber ^^

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 06-28-2002 09:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
boneless galbee..

genius, pure genius.

Old Post 06-29-2002 12:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote