Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Enlightenment > human nature
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
huby40
Squeak....

human nature

are we naturally good or are we naturally evil? or are we something else?

post thoughts.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-06-2002 02:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zero-Sen

No clue huby my boy. But if we cannot commit evil how can we commit good? muahaha. It's all a mater of expierience and enviroment.

Old Post 05-06-2002 02:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zero-Sen Click here to Send Zero-Sen a Private Message Find more posts by Zero-Sen Add Zero-Sen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

hm..i think dat being evil or being good is all in the human's mind..

like..to some extent..one can be evil or good..wut exactly is good? if people are good..dey can also be evil..its kinda hard to explain..-__-

Old Post 05-06-2002 04:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

both

Old Post 05-06-2002 04:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

i think they have both

Old Post 05-06-2002 04:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

quote:
Originally posted by Zero-Sen
No clue huby my boy. But if we cannot commit evil how can we commit good? muahaha. It's all a mater of expierience and enviroment.

some say that we only commit good because society binds us to do so. If we didn't have the restricted society, what would happen to us?

Old Post 05-07-2002 12:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

if we were all alone i'd say everyone would respond to their instincts of security and act upon greed. Whatever that would lead to i don't know. If we didn't have any societal influence i think thats what would be left.

Old Post 05-07-2002 01:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

hmmmm.... well if it weren't for society... how would we know what was "good" and "evil"..... human nature is.... well if we were wild how would we be right? like no social order or structure? we'd take what we needed and wanted... no mercy... survival of the fittest ya know? i mean ppl still do that... but there's like wrong and right (good and evil) creatd my society... and society governs us..... soooooooo...... yea i'm lost again

just think..... yin and yang... i think we have the potential to be good and the potential to be evil..... human nature is... the fact that we can choose?...... okay.... i know that doesn't make sense...haha

Old Post 05-07-2002 08:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

"Evil" is defined by good.

there is a indistinguishable line between the two.

Without Evil there could not be good, and without Good there could not be evil. Thus they create eachother

Old Post 05-09-2002 04:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

ha ha "There is no good and evil. There is only power and those too weak to seek it." - Voldemort

Old Post 05-11-2002 06:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
ha ha "There is no good and evil. There is only power and those too weak to seek it." - Voldemort
\

kekek Harry Potter is kewl.....

Old Post 05-12-2002 11:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

omg! hahahaha, i actually thought that Voldemort was a real philosopher i haven't heard of before! Hahah, oh well, those were fine words even if they came from harry potter.

I'll whip out another one i vaguely remember from the movie, someone can correct if it they want:

"It is our actions, harry, far more than our talents that determine who we are."

Old Post 05-12-2002 02:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
omg! hahahaha, i actually thought that Voldemort was a real philosopher i haven't heard of before! Hahah, oh well, those were fine words even if they came from harry potter.

LMAO

Old Post 05-12-2002 03:35 PM
aznkid1008
God is my judge

humans r not naturally evil or good. every human is dif, wat path they pick for their life makes them good or evil.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 05-13-2002 03:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iiaznprncssii

evil, doctor evil.

hehe, i did a report on this topic.

Old Post 05-26-2002 01:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iiaznprncssii Click here to Send iiaznprncssii a Private Message Find more posts by iiaznprncssii Add iiaznprncssii to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

quote:
Originally posted by iiaznprncssii
evil, doctor evil.

hehe, i did a report on this topic.

zip it

Old Post 05-27-2002 04:03 PM
iiaznprncssii

www.zipit.com

Old Post 05-27-2002 07:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iiaznprncssii Click here to Send iiaznprncssii a Private Message Find more posts by iiaznprncssii Add iiaznprncssii to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

hhahahah

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 06-05-2002 03:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dreamcatcher

quote:
Originally posted by Prototype
"Evil" is defined by good.

there is a indistinguishable line between the two.

Without Evil there could not be good, and without Good there could not be evil. Thus they create eachother

yep yep. i agree.

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."
- Chinese Proverb

Old Post 06-05-2002 02:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dreamcatcher Click here to Send Dreamcatcher a Private Message Find more posts by Dreamcatcher Add Dreamcatcher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

quote:
Originally posted by iiaznprncssii
www.zipit.com

err the link is broken.

Old Post 06-05-2002 07:34 PM