Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Cars > bmw & gm
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tea
Official Pothead

bmw & gm

i heard BMW and General Motors is teaming up to make a liquid hydrogen powered car

spending 1 million bucks making it too...i wonder what itll come out of it...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-19-2003 06:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indecisive
the Deranged one

I'll laugh if it's a bmw with a steam engine ahhaha

Liquid hydrogen...Water..hahahah damns...

I know that's not wut Liquid Hydrogen is but it would still be funny

Shift_

"cuz no matter how long U've known them or how well U think U know them..the friendship can be over in a second" ~Indecisive

"you don't realize how much of a luxury cup holders are until you don't have em" ~Indecisive

Old Post 04-19-2003 08:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for indecisive Click here to Send indecisive a Private Message Find more posts by indecisive Add indecisive to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

sounds.. dangerous? somebody go more into liquid hydrogen please.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 04-21-2003 12:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yOOnsk

this is from http://www.h2cars.biz/artman/publish/article_9.shtml

Working at relatively low temperatures (80 to 100°C), hydrogen and atmospheric oxygen are introduced on separate sides of a membrane.

The membrane allows hydrogen ions (protons) to pass unimpeded to combine with oxygen to form water.

Electrons, however, cannot cross the membrane and are forced to take a longer route through wiring outside the cell. Like battery power generation, they produce electricity.

[ Proverbs 18:24 ]

Old Post 04-21-2003 12:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for yOOnsk Click here to Send yOOnsk a Private Message Find more posts by yOOnsk Add yOOnsk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

well im not sure about liquid hydrogen but hydrogen is highly flammable. im not sure how safe it would be.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 04-21-2003 03:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

if they spending that much money on it.. then how much will it cost for something that'll burn you up? i realli dont get engineers these days. they're coming up with the weirdest ideas to conserve gas. although the hybrids are pretty good ideas. you can go miles and still not use a whole gallon. i dunt know how hydrogen will work tho..

Old Post 04-22-2003 05:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

quote:
Originally posted by aznkid1008
well im not sure about liquid hydrogen but hydrogen is highly flammable. im not sure how safe it would be.

well gasoline is pretty flammable as well

Old Post 04-22-2003 11:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by tea
well gasoline is pretty flammable as well

yea we burn the gas but we dont burn the hydrogen. the hydrogen engines so far just mix oxygen and hydrogen and get energy out of that and the exhaust is steam. gas burns for awhile. while hydrogen will go up into flames quickly in 1 sec then just die out unless it lights somethin else on fire in this case the car and human inside.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 04-23-2003 02:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

quote:
yea we burn the gas but we dont burn the hydrogen. the hydrogen engines so far just mix oxygen and hydrogen and get energy out of that and the exhaust is steam. gas burns for awhile. while hydrogen will go up into flames quickly in 1 sec then just die out unless it lights somethin else on fire in this case the car and human inside.

but thats speacking from the hydrogen GAS point of view, not the liquid hydrogen...it might have properties of gasonline, but more efficient. i dont know about it, but im sure they wouldnt spend so much money when they know it wont work.

Old Post 04-23-2003 06:39 AM
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by tea
but thats speacking from the hydrogen GAS point of view, not the liquid hydrogen...it might have properties of gasonline, but more efficient. i dont know about it, but im sure they wouldnt spend so much money when they know it wont work.

again i said on my first post i dont kno much about liquid hydrogen but i kno a few things on reg hydrogen(gas). and props on elements dont change just cause of a form change. water and ice r still the same thing just dif temps. liquid hydrogen would be much easier i guess 2 transport and put into cars. but still the flammability doesnt change.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 04-23-2003 05:00 PM
screwyou

quote:
again i said on my first post i dont kno much about liquid hydrogen but i kno a few things on reg hydrogen(gas). and props on elements dont change just cause of a form change. water and ice r still the same thing just dif temps. liquid hydrogen would be much easier i guess 2 transport and put into cars. but still the flammability doesnt change.

Then just shut up.

Old Post 04-23-2003 05:23 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

quote:
Originally posted by screwyou
Then just shut up.

for a newbie you're getting really annoying.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 04-23-2003 11:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aka
the one and only

they're only speding one million? thats not a lot...for such a project, of course..

Old Post 04-24-2003 05:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aka Click here to Send aka a Private Message Visit aka's homepage! Find more posts by aka Add aka to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
True Life

quote:

the flammability is the whole point... the idea is to have a fuel that ignites, without releasing pollutants as a result of combustion. if it wasn't so flammable, where would the energy come from?

harlem shake it.

Old Post 04-24-2003 07:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for True Life Click here to Send True Life a Private Message Find more posts by True Life Add True Life to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by True Life
the flammability is the whole point... the idea is to have a fuel that ignites, without releasing pollutants as a result of combustion. if it wasn't so flammable, where would the energy come from?

i dont think its actually being put on fire. if the exhaust is just water vapor (for all those hydro engines so far r) they r runnin of the energy when air goes into the engine and hydrogen and oxygen combine and react. and yea 1 million is cuttin it short if they r goin 2 design a whole new type of car.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 04-24-2003 05:43 PM
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by screwyou
Then just shut up.

man for someone that doesnt kno shit about this he still talks. i speak for many of the people in this forum we like people 2 post intelligent posts unlike ur immature crap so go run along and ky.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 04-24-2003 05:47 PM
True Life

quote:
i dont think its actually being put on fire. if the exhaust is just water vapor (for all those hydro engines so far r) they r runnin of the energy when air goes into the engine and hydrogen and oxygen combine and react. and yea 1 million is cuttin it short if they r goin 2 design a whole new type of car.

bmw's hydrogen engines are internal combustion engines. they ignite the hydrogen for power, just like normal engines burn gasoline for power. actually the hydrogen powered 7 series can run on gasoline or liquid hydrogen. actually i read that hydrogen acts very similarly to octane when ignited.

i think whoever started the thread got it mixed up... bmw and gm aren't teaming up to make hydrogen powered cars, they both already have their own hydrogen powered engines developed. what they're teaming up to do is develop hydrogen filling stations in the u.s.

harlem shake it.

Old Post 04-25-2003 01:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for True Life Click here to Send True Life a Private Message Find more posts by True Life Add True Life to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
marvinOPPA
i like u this much

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
can i ban him? PLEASE

Old Post 04-25-2003 06:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for marvinOPPA Click here to Send marvinOPPA a Private Message Find more posts by marvinOPPA Add marvinOPPA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxkid
ChOibOii

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU

i agree

quote:
Originally posted by marvinOPPA
can i ban him? PLEASE

please do

Old Post 04-25-2003 01:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxkid Click here to Send krnxkid a Private Message Visit krnxkid's homepage! Find more posts by krnxkid Add krnxkid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by True Life
bmw's hydrogen engines are internal combustion engines. they ignite the hydrogen for power, just like normal engines burn gasoline for power. actually the hydrogen powered 7 series can run on gasoline or liquid hydrogen. actually i read that hydrogen acts very similarly to octane when ignited.

o ok did not kno that.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 04-25-2003 04:29 PM