Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > School Life > Procreation theory
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Procreation theory

I've noticed something interesting. I attend the University at Stony Brook which is a State University of New York (SUNY) school. I visited Columbia University which has a lot of smart people and noticed that there is not as much emphasis on safe sex. I called up a friend who attends Buffalo University (SUNY) and found that his school has a lot of emphasis on safe sex just like my school. The theory I developed here is that since there are a lot of smart people attending Columbia, they would want their students to procreate while SUNY schools do not. This is probably done to increase the number of smart people in the country.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-19-2004 04:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

No it's because they want future generations of Columbians.

Columbia's HUGE on legacy here, a lot of people either have parents or siblings who went here or who work in something affiliated with the university.

And while there isn't an "emphasis" on it...you did see those condoms outside that RA's door...so it's more like, they assume that we'll be smart about it anyway. Whereas in the state school they have to spell it out for you.

Old Post 09-19-2004 04:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by aaqthree
No it's because they want future generations of Columbians.

Columbia's HUGE on legacy here, a lot of people either have parents or siblings who went here or who work in something affiliated with the university.

And while there isn't an "emphasis" on it...you did see those condoms outside that RA's door...so it's more like, they assume that we'll be smart about it anyway. Whereas in the state school they have to spell it out for you.

Yeah but to get to that RA's door from your room I had to go outside in the dark and enter a different building. After that I had to go up to what was it, the 7th floor? They just probably put the people they don't want in that floor, I mean every school has its exceptions.

Old Post 09-19-2004 05:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

Well that's in a different dorm (two dorms down, 9th floor actually).

But that was just an example, there are other places that stuff like that is readily available. They just expect us to know that by now.

Old Post 09-19-2004 05:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Well that's in a different dorm (two dorms down, 9th floor actually).

Every college has its exceptions.

quote:
But that was just an example, there are other places that stuff like that is readily available. They just expect us to know that by now.

What they didn't tell you is that they just expect you to forget that by then.

Old Post 09-20-2004 04:53 AM
aaqthree
3 Newtons

So they want us to procreate cuz they think we're smart but at the same time they expect us to forget everything we know about safe sex?

Old Post 09-20-2004 02:22 PM
AZN Pinoy BOI
..:SeNsei-Kun

our school doesn't have alot of safe sex stuff.... or do they.. other an health class.....

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Old Post 09-20-2004 06:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AZN Pinoy BOI Click here to Send AZN Pinoy BOI a Private Message Visit AZN Pinoy BOI's homepage! Find more posts by AZN Pinoy BOI Add AZN Pinoy BOI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

That's because you're in a public school district whose administrators like to keep themselves ignorant of certain realities of the world today.

Old Post 09-20-2004 07:00 PM
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
So they want us to procreate cuz they think we're smart but at the same time they expect us to forget everything we know about safe sex?

The students are the smart ones remember? I mean it wasn't the students' idea to build glass ramps. It wasn't the students who developed the lines you have at that cafeteria place where it's really easy to not pay for food.

Old Post 09-21-2004 04:03 PM
aaqthree
3 Newtons

Yeah, the "smart" students would then not forget about important stuff like contraception.

Old Post 09-21-2004 04:06 PM
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Well I guess Columbia University just doesn't really plan ahead now does it?

Old Post 09-21-2004 04:13 PM