Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > pederasty and fraternities
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

pederasty and fraternities

What are the connections between pederasty and fraternities? I have no hard evidence but I do have my suspicions. I'm not asking for a judgement on whether either one is bad (although I personally feel that they are) but whether or not they are related or connected in any way.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-29-2005 03:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

What's a pederasty? Enlighten this fool. lol.

Old Post 09-29-2005 08:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

I looked it up on Dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=pederasty

During ancient Greece there was a lot of this stuff going on. Bonds between a young shield bearer and the soldier he works for getting out of hand. That sort of thing. If I'm mistaken someone correct me. I actually first heard about this from Athar.

Old Post 09-30-2005 05:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Surely fraternities wouldn't involve young boys. But weren't there cases that involved goats? Hazing and the beatings, sensory deprivation, abnormal rituals, quite reminiscent of the SM scene. The young boys being replaced by neophytes and the anal intercourse being replaced by hazing. Also you've got a plethora of Greek letters and propaganda regarding "Brotherhood" that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Philia.

Old Post 09-30-2005 06:03 PM
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
I looked it up on Dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=pederasty

During ancient Greece there was a lot of this stuff going on. Bonds between a young shield bearer and the soldier he works for getting out of hand. That sort of thing. If I'm mistaken someone correct me. I actually first heard about this from Athar.

Sounds like a refrigerator. Very homosexual.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 10-04-2005 08:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist

It was a common practice during ancient Greece, yes. Elders would take young boys as their "beloved" and "instill virtue" in them - both through educational training, and through sex.

It was always looked down upon even in ancient Greece, though, but only in public. That is, people wouldn't announce that they had sex with a young boy, nor would a young boy announce that he had an old man for a lover, because that would be "shameful".

Old Post 10-06-2005 04:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote