Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > What is your opinion of religion?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kpjoey287
SPAMUNKEY

What is your opinion of religion?

heh i see this forum is going very well in debating..but o well trying to ge more people to pos ^_^

what is your opinion of religion?

*ill start postin later when i get couple of replies*

For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believed in him shall not perish but have eternal life. ~John 3:16~....^^

Our new forums :D
http://www.apartment102.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-24-2002 06:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kpjoey287 Click here to Send kpjoey287 a Private Message Find more posts by kpjoey287 Add kpjoey287 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i personally think it's absurd.

refer to my opinions at:

http://www.jusunlee.com/forums/show...mp;threadid=528

Let's not get into a frivolous probability debate, cause i guarentee nothing will come of it. However, when looking at both atheism and followers of religion, one can't help but realize how impossible both of them are...and that religion has no end, it's infinitely regressive...and so is the universe. Agnosticism is kind of a middle ground that works haha...if you could call that some kind of belief haha.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 08-24-2002 09:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dekkai
I.D.I.O.T

Arrow well

I'm not religious

but it all depends on wich religion you want to believe

there are some religions that bless carnages
there are some that sell salvation

I don't believe in those (I'm not catholic, christian nor islamist as you can guess)

I believe in christ... as a master, not as the 'superman' that other religions describe... I also believe in other practices, I try to follow the paths that the great initiates tried to teach (as boddah, jesus, zoroastro)

Old Post 09-01-2002 04:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dekkai Click here to Send Dekkai a Private Message Visit Dekkai's homepage! Find more posts by Dekkai Add Dekkai to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lovedontloveme

I dunno /:
I'm supposedly "Catholic" but it seems to me sometimes that the only reason religions exist is because humans were scared of what happens AFTER death. religions give some sort of ideal/imagining of what happens after death, blah blah blah.

I am sort of .... semi agnostic. I think it's impossible to prove that there is a God.

I pray to "Jesus and God" though. I need something to believe in. I'm a messed up sort of girl [:

Old Post 09-02-2002 12:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lovedontloveme Click here to Send lovedontloveme a Private Message Visit lovedontloveme's homepage! Find more posts by lovedontloveme Add lovedontloveme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

Did God create Man, or did Man create God
we dont even kno when most of the religions started since alot of them changed throughout time. so many r completely false, and yet religion givs hope wit life after death. so was God create to help man(and women) deal wit death and to make people live a more moral life?
i say no God create people. i hav no way of explainin it in words it's somethin i accepted since im a Christian.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 09-02-2002 10:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lunacy

no opinion

i really have no opinion on religion, though i dislike organized religion.

When in doubt, break out in song.

"I'm a whore. I'm an educated virgin."
-The Wallflowers

"Hello I love you, won't you tell me your name?"
-Oleander

Old Post 09-16-2002 11:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lunacy Click here to Send lunacy a Private Message Find more posts by lunacy Add lunacy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

i believe in a source of energy that give us life [aka God] but i don't follow any religion. is that agnostic? i forgot the difference between agnostic and atheist haha

i think religion is okay, but some religions get screwed up by man, good example = islam. i read up on it, men put in all sorts of their own laws and rules over the years, as a form of control, to the people, esp to women. 4 wives? gimme a break..thats so obviously man made. what about head covering? geez god gave us hair for a reason. to protect the head! if you gonna get raped for showing your hair, then that's the guy's fault for not being able to control himself! haha ok enough bout islam, get my point?

i don't like other people trying to convert me, esp christians. no offense to anyone, its a good religion, but some ppl think that they can 'save' me by converting me, cos apparently i'm already condemned to hell. like last night i was in the streets hanging out with my friends, kinda in a bad area of town. and there was this guy who came up to us and gave us pamphlets saying "god loves you". yes i know dude, i have done my research! don't assume i'm some sorta drug addict just cos i'm sitting here.

ok ok i better stop complaining [my nickname is complain queen ^^;]...i think religion is ok, give something for people to believe in. but i just hope that it don't get screwed up by man along the way!

Old Post 09-20-2002 11:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote