Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Technology > Trillian
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Trillian

Anyone use it? Advantages and Disadvantages? I'll give a review after using it for a while.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-28-2004 01:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

disadvantages:

it has emoticons that will show up like (B) on the screen of AIM for instance (i.e. some emoticons do not show up on other IM programs). The trillian user thinks that you can see the face, and when you ask what (B) is, they act like you are being dumb because they do not realize that you cannot see it. Then the trillian user realizes that you just cannot see the emoticon, and this large setback makes the user of trillian leave it for their old ways, never speaking about it again due to their ever present shame.

I have never used trillian, and know nothing about it actually. I just have a friend that used it for awhile, and stopped using it after some time due to reasons i did not care to find out. It was not because of the real story that is described above though.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 07-28-2004 01:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

But for communicating is it as reliable as AIM and MSN?

Old Post 07-28-2004 02:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gen Tso Chiken

flat out talking? yea its fine. everything else? sucks more than a vaccuume.

Old Post 07-29-2004 11:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gen Tso Chiken Click here to Send Gen Tso Chiken a Private Message Find more posts by Gen Tso Chiken Add Gen Tso Chiken to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

yeah, i hear it is good for communicating. As reliable as MSN and AIM.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 07-30-2004 01:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
yeah, i hear it is good for communicating. As reliable as MSN and AIM.

Ok thanks. Anyway for any of the others stuff I can just log on AIM. It's easier to log on one program and switch when necessary rather than logging onto two programs every single time.

Old Post 07-30-2004 02:32 AM
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Trillian has a very passive buddy list, when you minimize or close all chat boxes the buddy list automatically goes behind anything else on your screen (your web browser or whatever)

Old Post 07-30-2004 04:49 AM
ajy

I tried it out for a while, and tried to like it but i just couldnt. I use AIM with Middle Man (Add on similar to the old "Dead Aim") and its fine for me

Old Post 07-30-2004 05:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by ajy
I tried it out for a while, and tried to like it but i just couldnt. I use AIM with Middle Man (Add on similar to the old "Dead Aim") and its fine for me

I'm using Trillian because my friends in Canada don't use AIM. I tried telling them that the United States of America is an over all better country but they just wouldn't listen.

Old Post 08-01-2004 04:41 AM
RS Trax

advantage:
- sign onto multiple clients
- ability to combine/organize buddy list
- ad-less

disadvantage:
- can't view or access URLs in profiles.
- can't talk (on mic) in Yahoo chat rooms.
- must restart Trillian evertime you change its skin/theme.
- unorganized options menu
- can't find where to change text format (or maybe there isn't any)

it lacks a lot of things. i even like Miranda IM better.
www.miranda-im.org

Old Post 08-03-2004 12:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RS Trax Click here to Send RS Trax a Private Message Visit RS Trax's homepage! Find more posts by RS Trax Add RS Trax to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote