Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > School Life > advice for freshman in college
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

advice for freshman in college

any advice for freshman's? what to do what not to do?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-03-2003 06:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-DraGoNz
Music/Multimedia/Lyricism

study your ass off, dont goof

http://www.mcjdragonz.com

http://www.dynamicvocalz.tk

http://www.streetmaderecordz.tk

Old Post 07-03-2003 07:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for J-DraGoNz Click here to Send J-DraGoNz a Private Message Visit J-DraGoNz's homepage! Find more posts by J-DraGoNz Add J-DraGoNz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JuJu
shaKe :: sHake

avoid the freshman 15 lb or something like that.. haha

eat healthy.

Old Post 07-03-2003 07:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JuJu Click here to Send JuJu a Private Message Find more posts by JuJu Add JuJu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
keyx1o6

freshman 15ib...? what's that?

and i signed up for the least expensive food plan. was that smart or stupid

Old Post 07-03-2003 05:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for keyx1o6 Click here to Send keyx1o6 a Private Message Visit keyx1o6's homepage! Find more posts by keyx1o6 Add keyx1o6 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JuJu
shaKe :: sHake

quote:
Originally posted by keyx1o6

umm.. i dont noe if thats what its really called.
jus heard that most freshman gain weight cuz they dont eat right..
something like that.

Old Post 07-03-2003 06:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JuJu Click here to Send JuJu a Private Message Find more posts by JuJu Add JuJu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eddiee
werD?

its the beer

Old Post 07-03-2003 07:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for eddiee Click here to Send eddiee a Private Message Find more posts by eddiee Add eddiee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
keyx1o6

ohhh, I see

Old Post 07-03-2003 09:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for keyx1o6 Click here to Send keyx1o6 a Private Message Visit keyx1o6's homepage! Find more posts by keyx1o6 Add keyx1o6 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-DraGoNz
Music/Multimedia/Lyricism

haha yea, too much partying and drinking...stress also probably

http://www.mcjdragonz.com

http://www.dynamicvocalz.tk

http://www.streetmaderecordz.tk

Old Post 07-03-2003 09:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for J-DraGoNz Click here to Send J-DraGoNz a Private Message Visit J-DraGoNz's homepage! Find more posts by J-DraGoNz Add J-DraGoNz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

i got some advice for yall.

-dont date first year.. at least for the first semester. this time is crucial. it's this time that you establish your study habits and friends. trust me.

-your worst gpa will probably fall under the first semester. probably for the above reason. after you've got a semester under your belt.. learn from your mistakes and study your ass off. college is expensive so dont settle for c's like in high school.

-getting all a's is not impossible.. but remember.. this is not high school. for someone to get all a's you have to study twice as hard as you did in h.s. dont be afraid to use all the tutoring services and join study gruops. the library will be your best friend.

-fraternities/sororities! even tho i havent been in one.. i hear the rushing is tough on both your friends and studying time. some people say it's worth it. some people say it's really not. i guess if your the type of person who needs that sort of thing.. be my guest.. but i dont advise it.

-books. damn those mofo's are expensive. buy your books online. they're cheaper. or buy used books. d=D and when it's time to sell them.. use that money to buy the next semester books!

-financial aid. DO NOT... DO NOT BE LATE WITH THIS. i have been late almost every year and it's the biggest headache to deal with. trust me.. be early with this.

-jobs.. there are always jobs at school. you have an excellent chance of getting these jobs because dur.. you go to the school. they have jobs everywhere for students so don't be afraid to ask.

-upperclassmen. they can be your best friends or your worse enemies. i've known upperclassman who were awesome hyungs and noonas and they know how to take care of you. then there are those hyungs who dont carea bout the frosh's or just wanna beat you guys up. ahahha.. i dunnno. .it happens for some stupid reason.

-food! it's easy to gain 15 lbs or to lose 15 lbs. believe me its not just beer. it's also the food plan and the late night pizza/buffalo wings that you devour. or sometimes the food just plain suck at school. then thats when you lose 15 lbs. join the gym! you go to the school! you paid for the facilities.. including.. the gym! so use it!

-clothing. hats and sweats will be your best friend. throw away those high school outfits that match and make you look cute. you wont have any time for that shit. and besides.. everybody else will be like.. "why is she wearing that.. this isn't high school". buy lots of hats, sweats and whatever else is comfortable. if your going up north.. buy lots of sweaters.. if down south.. sandals will be your best friend.

-roomates. ugh i've had all sorts of roomates. i had a fist fight with one, one stole shit from me and the others were either mediocre or the ideal roomate. its a crap shoot. but second year you get to choose who your roomate wil be. dont just choose your best friend at college... can you really live with that person? because you will no doubtedly get into some argument. i guarantee it. do you wanna risk your friendship over something stupid? my advice is, if freshman year you get along with your roomate.. ask him to be your roomate ove your best friend.

-don't be shy. this isn't high school where they judge you on appearance, your clique or if your valedictorian. well.. sometimes it might be. i knew a kid who was popular in high school because he was akorean kid who knew all the smart kids including the rich girls annd he dressed like something out of a j.crew catalog.. everybody thought he was cute. i visited his colelge and he just hung out with himself in the arcade. i said wsup and he was like "who are those guys your with? you know them? they're kool guys. introduce me." geez watta fag. so dont be shy. be yourself and you'll do great.

-you'll have two types of classes. the small classes of 10-15. and lecture classes from 50-200 or more. dont be intimidated by the latter. you should be more intimidated by the smaller class. thats when you get to know your classmates and your professor. don't panic. try to sit in the front and get your information so some hot girl can ask for notes.. woops.. i mean so you can get all the notes. if you sit in the back.. you'll just fall asleep.. unless you need the sleep.. then by all means sit in t he back.

-registration. God damn.. i hate registration.. you'l probably stand in a line and they'll ask you what classes youw ant and you'll be all unprepared. what classes do you take? in h.s. you have counselors. in college.. you have advisors. the difference? nothing really. ask your advisor what classes you should take. ask the upperclassmen which teachers are good. ask around and do your homework which classes require what. then whe nregistration comes aruond you are prepared. most college you can register online now. so do that. you dont wanna be late with that.

-last but not least. college will go by fast. so have fun.. study lots.. make lots of friends.. and do well. soon you'll be a sophomore, junior , senior then bbam! the real world. college might or might not help you in the real world but that degree is one step closer to being a middle aged family man. or woman. d=D hahha. good luck yall.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 07-03-2003 10:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiggaplease

quote:
Originally posted by LiLbLuEaZnBoY
its the beer

"great taste!"
"less filling!"

Thanks for the heads up, sang

Old Post 07-04-2003 12:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by keyx1o6

i was reading my welcome stuff from michigan state and they said that the average student loses weight, but if they do then they gain an average of 4.6 pounds. haha, this is how they refuted the freshmen 15 idea. "and what about "freshmen 15"? It's a myth!" haha. Anyway they cited some study, but i am sure it can happen, gaining 15 pounds i mean. Watch what you eat. do not overeat, even while you are studying i guess. I would guess you'd become quite less active in college with the workload.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 07-04-2003 02:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

wow.... lots and good advice, ken versus ryu!

by the way alex...... wat college are u going to?

Old Post 07-04-2003 05:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by UnisMuiMui
wow.... lots and good advice, ken versus ryu!

by the way alex...... wat college are u going to?

well i'ma transferin so i'm goin to laney college and transfer to sf state

nice advice sc helpful :)

Old Post 07-04-2003 10:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

last year i got the cheapest meal plan. i suggest it as well cuz most people dont wake up early enough for breakfast.

also..get classes that start around noon as your first class. chances are that you will stay uyp until 3-4am talking to your dorm mates. when i was in high school, i usually stayed up til 1, then went to school at 7. in college i thought 10am was good enough. but i slept at 3-4am, woke up around 11-12...time for lunch.

dont complain about food at dorms. if your school offers PLUS plans for meals, take that plan. the food on campus is a lot better than dorm food...unless you like food like hometown buffet.

things gget jacked easily. i had a friend who had this lcd monitor stolen while he was still in the hall.

classes are also divided up into lectures and discussions. its ok to miss a few lectures, but discussions are essential to for keeping your grade up. they usually just talk about the lecture and review things.

when registering for classes, make at least 4 or 5 different schedules that are ok wit you. since you guys are freshmans, you will get the last choices in classes. upperclassmen get priority. and dont complain if you get shit..it happens. you can also just go to the lecture with an add/drop form to see if the professor will let you into the class.

if you need books, check with your friends first. ask them if you can borrow it. you can also share books with people and divide the cost.

parties will occur pratically every night. especially on welcome week. my advise on that is....get your priorities straight. you pay to go to school, not party, so if you have some shit due during the week, study and dont play

Old Post 07-04-2003 10:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iLLmaTiC_aNgeL
-huney B-

thank you to ken versus ryu and also tea..everything was so true and some i didnt even think of but thanks for reminding us! and also i gotta drill it into my head that midterms are like in OCTOBER so i gotta get it together FAST..my friends that are in college already all made the mistakes of partying and socializing like crazy in September and ended up cramming/failing/doing really bad on their midterms

JOCKERZ UNWANTED!

Old Post 07-30-2003 03:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for iLLmaTiC_aNgeL Click here to Send iLLmaTiC_aNgeL a Private Message Find more posts by iLLmaTiC_aNgeL Add iLLmaTiC_aNgeL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote