Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Music > ** J-Entercom Auditions **
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Precious_BaByT

** J-Entercom Auditions **

i have no clue if this belongs in here... but i'll give it a shot. My
company, J-entercom is holding auditions... and we're kind've in a hurry so to speak... Ok, i'm In Ohio for personal reasons... to rest up and regroup my thoughts n stuff, before heading back to Korea to begin the 2nd album recording... But i'm also here as an official 'scout' so to speak for my company J-Entercom. If you are a female anywhere from 15-20 RESPOND ASAP. (if you wanna try out for SOLO... there is no age range at all).

First off, do not even attempt to read any furthur unless you are SERIOUS u want to become a gasoo. Here's the guidelines (i'm talking about group guidelines here... everything is similar with the solo, except the age)

** MUST HAVE PARENT'S PERMISSION IF UNDER 18 YEARS OLD ** Why? First off... my company's recieved demos from girls who are about 15-16 who have the talent, but when they contacted their parents... their parents either had NO idea... or their parents totally wouldn't allow it... so MAKE SURE u have permission from ur parents before doing this...And even if you are OVER 18, but u live with your parents... you MUST let them know you are trying out, and make sure they agree.

* MUST be able to Speak, READ, WRITE, UNDERSTAND Korean to a point... meaning at LEAST enough along the lines of Myself, Annie (tashannie), and J.

* If under 18 years old... and haven't graduated from High school, u MUST be prepared to NOT be in school (unless your parents enroll you to a school in Korea). ( this is one of the reasons i suggest 18 year olds, or graduates from High School to try out).

* NOT to be racist... but it's preferred by my company at least if you were Korean... or half, whatever... as long as u can understand, read, write, speak korean at least to my level. If you are NON korean, read the 2nd post above this one.

FIRST STEP FOR AUDITION:

Since i'm in Ohio... ALL FIRST STEP AUDITIONEES will be sending their demos to ME. Here's what is to be sent:

1. Profile Page (name, age, DOB, -- juss read profiles of other artists, for examples --) Along with BIO, how long u've been singing, what instruments you can play.. if you can write songs, compose songs... etc.

2. DEMO is to be consisted of your voice acapella (withOUT music)... OR if you choose to have music, please use INSTRUMENTAL tracks ONLY. NO singing over actual CD's. 4Full songs (2 american, 2 korean)... no more. Please choose from the list i have:

1. Hero - Mariah Carey
2. I will always Love You - Whitney Houston
3. I'm A Survivor - Destiny's Child
4. Open Arms - Journey/Mariah Carey version

5. Fixing The Makeup - WAX
6. I want to Love - WAX
7. Sara - BOA
8. Because I'm A Girl - KISS

-- or if you compose your own songs, you may sing those --

* If you do not have access to a microphone or stereo that records... SEND A VIDEO tape... following the same guidelines as the demo, either sing Acapella, or with Instrumental Tracks... no singing along with the CD. And instead of the profile page... just say everything to the camera.

* If you are under 18... u MUST have parent's permission slip SIGNED by yourself, and BOTH parents (unless you only live with one parent...)

*** SECOND AUDITION ***

- After i recieve your first step audition tapes... i will review them, carefully, and i will disgard ANY that do not follow the guidelines (remember, the guidelines i just wrote is the guidelines that Mr. Choi Joon Young emailed to me). After i review them, i will immediately CALL BACK the people whom i think have a good chance, or whom i have confidence in. I WILL BE talking to your parents as well (if you are under 18 years of age)... so be prepared.

- After the Call backs have been made... i will then contact the people again to make another demo... this time it is to be sent to Mr. Choi Joon Young himself. I will only be choosing FIVE people. And out of those five, ONE of them will be picked. (unless Mr. Choi Joon Young believes more out of the top five could be used for another project) * From then on, i will post the guidelines to the FINAL audition steps.

* IN YOUR PACKAGE... please include Email Address, Home Phone Number where i can contact you... if you don't include any email or home phone, i will not be able to contact u, even if i have confidence in you... so please remember to do this.

*** DEADLINE for FIRST STEP AUDITION... will be JULY 10th, 2002. If you REALLY want to do this, i know you can do it that quick. (i remember Ark Entertainment giving me a deadline to send another video for J-Entercom back in the day... they gave me THREE days to complete it, and i didn't even have a working camcorder... but i found a way to do it... cuz i really wanted to ...) DEDICATION and passion is the key, and if u really want to, u can. =)

SEND DEMOS TO:

THERESA KAUFFMAN
1048 BlueSail Drive
Westerville, Ohio 43081

~~~ Thank You for Reading, and good luck. ~~~

* Jini_Kiss012@hotmail.com (all audition questions, send to this email address).

~~~ JiNi_KiSS/Theresa ~~~
mpany, J-entercom is holding auditions... and

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-24-2002 05:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Precious_BaByT Click here to Send Precious_BaByT a Private Message Find more posts by Precious_BaByT Add Precious_BaByT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

Iyah... when I read that I have to speak, read, and be able to write Korean... my hopes went down... I guess I can't then huh? *sighs*

what if I said that I can read Korean but I have no clue what I'm saying???

Last edited by Ladi Jay on 06-24-2002 at 05:00 PM

Old Post 06-24-2002 02:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

can you send me free stuff??

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 06-24-2002 03:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

who is this?

tasha? or kiss? puhaha maybe

what is yo name

Old Post 06-24-2002 04:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

she's Jin from KISS

supsupsup

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 06-24-2002 04:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

are u fawkin serious?

Old Post 06-24-2002 05:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

thats her SN from soompi. Cathy knows her well right?

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 06-24-2002 06:29 PM
annabanana
Food Moderator

I'm 18, just graduated high school and being a gasoo seems like something i'd like to do. where's a place to find the mp3s for the songs?

oh, and what was the follow-up song for "Because I'm a Girl"?

Last edited by annabanana on 06-29-2002 at 12:04 AM

Old Post 06-28-2002 05:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Precious_BaByT

In reply...

Racer_Ladi_moon: When i first went to Korea to record the first album... i had NO clue what on earth i was singing... (lol). i would read the korean lyrics... and be like... "erm..." and then i wrote it down in Konglish, memorized it, and recorded it that way. (i had the toughest time with track #5 "jahl heh bah"... since it was the first song we recorded.) Anyways... but as long as u can understand and read korean, it's pretty much a piece of cake from there... speaking skills gotta be at an intermediate level. (need to be able to communicate... since they don't all understand english ... they understand lil words...)

BigChuBuff: My english name is Theresa... but ever since i went to Korea.. i've been going by "Jini"... which is kind've a nickname for my korean name "lee ji yun".

Annabanana: Please visit www.kiss.echoswirl.com (which has clips of all our songs)... or http://kissofangels.cjb.net or our official site (which is in korean) //kiss.istar.co.kr

Old Post 06-28-2002 06:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Precious_BaByT Click here to Send Precious_BaByT a Private Message Find more posts by Precious_BaByT Add Precious_BaByT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

so are you saying I should try but I'll have a hard time???

Old Post 06-28-2002 08:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

well do you speak and understand korean at the intermediate level?

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 06-28-2002 08:44 PM
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

hmm.. first sm .. now j-entercom.. kool.. what about us namja deul.. im sure there are some doods in here that are talented and desperate enough to do it.. we have feelings too.. jini!! you hearin dis???? IM NOT CRAZYYYY GIMME A CHANCE AND I WILL DANCE LIKE A MONKEY FOR YOU AND YOUR SAHJANG NIM.... haha sike.. but maybe these guys in here would like to try..

newayz good luck to all u gurls.. if u become famous .. better buy me galbee.. pizzout

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 06-28-2002 09:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

lollol

Old Post 06-28-2002 10:00 PM
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
well do you speak and understand korean at the intermediate level?

Like say hello... my name... etc??? uh... a little...

Old Post 06-28-2002 10:49 PM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

isn't intermediate korean more like two semesters of College korean?

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Last edited by Crazydeb8ter on 06-28-2002 at 11:16 PM

Old Post 06-28-2002 10:56 PM
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

Re: ** J-Entercom Auditions **

quote:
Originally posted by Precious_BaByT
If you are NON korean, read the 2nd post above this one.

where's the 2nd post?!?!?

Old Post 06-29-2002 02:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

Question one more thing Jini...

hi Jini! my name is Eunice and i emailed u awhile ago [like a month or so?] about the Kiss performances in Korea. i asked u wat u and the other girls were harmonizing to in the beginning of each performance... cuz ever since i heard that, the song lyrics [it was in english] was stuck in my head!!! the harmonizing was lovely! and i would love to know wat it was from.... my email address is unismuimui@aol.com[/email] or [email]unismuimui@yahoo.com. please reply!!! thanks!

Old Post 06-29-2002 02:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

Re: Re: ** J-Entercom Auditions **

quote:
Originally posted by UnisMuiMui

where's the 2nd post?!?!?

she meant two posts above...

* MUST be able to Speak, READ, WRITE, UNDERSTAND Korean to a point... meaning at LEAST enough along the lines of Myself, Annie (tashannie), and J.

Old Post 06-29-2002 04:25 PM
Precious_BaByT

In response

Unis Mui Mui- The harmonization we always had... my producer was like "write something in english for this"... lol. So here i go:

"La~ You Left My Heart 2Night, When U had To Say Bye... You Left Me Tonight ~~~" --

It wasn't from any song... it was more of a "jingle" to get settled before we sang "BeCause I'm A Girl".

~ Jini_KISS (Theresa) ~

Old Post 06-29-2002 07:30 PM
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

Re: In response

quote:
Originally posted by Precious_BaByT
Unis Mui Mui- The harmonization we always had... my producer was like "write something in english for this"... lol. So here i go:

"La~ You Left My Heart 2Night, When U had To Say Bye... You Left Me Tonight ~~~" --

It wasn't from any song... it was more of a "jingle" to get settled before we sang "BeCause I'm A Girl".

~ Jini_KISS (Theresa) ~

nex time.. ask me.. i woulda said

"La~ You left my heart 2night, when u had to say bye.. i ran over your dog.. rippped up your pictures.. and saiid... peaceowwwwwwwttttttttttttttt"

so much better huh

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 06-29-2002 09:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote