Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > Homework Help > 5 essays American Government Finals
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
redoubt
grasshopper pie

5 essays American Government Finals

as stated, 1/3 of my grade
-5 essay project
-teacher will choose 2/5 essays on day of final
-no notes will be allowed
-finals are on Jan 20, 2 weeks from now

My plan is to write out outlines and sample essays for all five of them and then rewrite them so that I know I memorize all five outlines. BOOYA! A+
Anyway...what I'm asking is that yoo give me ANY help yoo want. I suck at government so bad.. =/
If you got short attention span...at least read one of the essay questions. There are FIVE total, maybe at least one will interest yoo.
Here are the five essay questions:

1) "Judicial review is undemocratic. It permits non-elected justices to decide what is constitutional and unconstitutional. It can frustrate the intentions of democratic government by over-riding the actions of elected officials."

Assess the validity of this quotation.

2) The following cartoon describes a presidential style. Intrepret its meaning and application to the office.

3) Assume that you have a friend born and raised in communist North Korea to whom you wish to sneak a letter describing the American style of government. Compose that letter.

4) Why does it take so long for bills to become laws in the United Staes? What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of this system?

5) "I have never been more struck by the good sense and the practical judgement of the Americans than in the manner in which they elude the numberless difficulties resulting from their federal constitution."

Alexis de Tocqueville was a French politician who spent two years in the United Staes (early 1830's) studying the people and the government. Democracy in America, first published in 1835, is one of the finest commentaries on our government ever written.

After studying the quotation, identify three "difficulties resulting from the Constitution" that America is dealing with in current times. Also discuss how we are attempting to solve these problems.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-10-2003 02:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for redoubt Click here to Send redoubt a Private Message Visit redoubt's homepage! Find more posts by redoubt Add redoubt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote