Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > Homework Help > Ap Us Hist. & Ap Civics
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
uNiece
GOING DEEPER

Post Ap Us Hist. & Ap Civics

http://apusnotes.tripod.com/

my AP US teacher gave us this site to refer to for comprehensive notes for the book we use, The American Pageant. It also has notes for an AP Civics book, American Government: Institutions and Policies.

Hope even a couple of you will benefit from this if you happen to use the same text books

He remembered us when we were in trouble. His love continues forever. PSALM 136:23

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-21-2002 04:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for uNiece Click here to Send uNiece a Private Message Find more posts by uNiece Add uNiece to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

i heard ap history has HELLA hw...like the reading alone takes 2-3 hrs each nite or sumtin. sounds crazie

Old Post 11-22-2002 01:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

quote:
Originally posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM
i heard ap history has HELLA hw...like the reading alone takes 2-3 hrs each nite or sumtin. sounds crazie

Not true, took the class last year.
Of course, I did only get a 3. If you're going for that "5"ish appeal, then it may be true. But I got by on virtually zero effort.

Old Post 11-22-2002 01:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

we used the American Pageant last year.
useless reading.

For a good review, just buy REA's (Research and Education Association) AP US history book. Besides giving a very thorough history, based closely on the points the AP Test focuses on, it also has 6 full length practice tests. And it isn't even big at all. Thick, yes, but not big.

Remember, practice, practice, practice. A very easy way to score a 4 or 5 is by doing practice tests. The questions from past AP tests are generally recycled, or cover the same points. By doing practice tests, you're not only reviewing the key issues, but also orienting yourself to the types of questions the AP exam will throw out.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 11-23-2002 02:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
uNiece
GOING DEEPER

i don't read the book. it confuses me more.
my teacher lectures really good and reviewing his notes and notes that i take down really gets my info down. and these notes on the site are pretty much what i've been getting down. just in case...

He remembered us when we were in trouble. His love continues forever. PSALM 136:23

Old Post 11-23-2002 03:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for uNiece Click here to Send uNiece a Private Message Find more posts by uNiece Add uNiece to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
Remember, practice, practice, practice. A very easy way to score a 4 or 5 is by doing practice tests. The questions from past AP tests are generally recycled, or cover the same points. By doing practice tests, you're not only reviewing the key issues, but also orienting yourself to the types of questions the AP exam will throw out.

woah isn't that kinda like the SAT's and all those othr standardized tests? are AP tests harder or easier than SAT's and SAT II's?

Old Post 11-23-2002 03:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

we're using... the enduring vision

even my history teacher says it's a crappy book but our school is too poor to afford new ones.... these books were actually bought by some other ap class about 6 years ago... it was their "legacy" as our ap teacher says... he wanted us to buy books... we voted.. 17 to 7... on NOT buying new books... lol....a lot of p[eople wanted to keep the books they were buying

Old Post 12-19-2002 03:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by MellowYellow
we're using... the enduring vision

history textbooks have such stupid names

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 12-19-2002 04:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiggaplease

The Enduring Vision... sounds like some publisher was inspired by tokin up some good cheeba :/

Old Post 12-26-2002 05:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote