Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Friends and Family > Friend has problems.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TorrentialVVind
Kyuubi!

Friend has problems.

I have a friend, from Japan. Who, when I was around 5 years old, I used to go to his house and play video games and stuff.

His mom died around a month ago... and he called me up the other day and told me that he was going to kill himself. He’s now in Florida, and I haven’t seen him in 5 years… or something like that. I thought he did, but I found out soon that he didn’t. And I know he has A LOT on his mind. I just don’t know how to help him cope with the situations of today and tomorrow. I feel like a failure as a friend- and considering he’s my best friend, it makes me feel worse that he was there for me, and I can’t do this on my own.

I want to make a Naruto banner. ._.; That's in construction.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-17-2003 02:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TorrentialVVind Click here to Send TorrentialVVind a Private Message Find more posts by TorrentialVVind Add TorrentialVVind to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AZN Pinoy BOI
..:SeNsei-Kun

mmm... maybe u should tell ur parents about it? i really don't know, it's hard stopping a suicide that has miles between u

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Old Post 11-18-2003 02:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AZN Pinoy BOI Click here to Send AZN Pinoy BOI a Private Message Visit AZN Pinoy BOI's homepage! Find more posts by AZN Pinoy BOI Add AZN Pinoy BOI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

if he has asian parents, and if they are like a lot of jsl/asian parents, i am not sure what good telling your parents would do.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 11-18-2003 05:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

hum talk to him? like online or something?

go check up on the net, im sure there are lots of advice for people who are suicidal.

Old Post 11-18-2003 07:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

but isn't it bad to talk about suicide to a suicidal person? like it makes them want to do it more? i don't know what to do, but hopefully he's just joking around, looking for attention

Old Post 11-18-2003 11:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TorrentialVVind
Kyuubi!

quote:
but isn't it bad to talk about suicide to a suicidal person? like it makes them want to do it more? i don't know what to do, but hopefully he's just joking around, looking for attention

I don't think he's joking around. He's been through a lot, and I doubt he would be 'looking for attention' if he told ME. We keep in touch a lot, so..

Old Post 11-18-2003 01:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TorrentialVVind Click here to Send TorrentialVVind a Private Message Find more posts by TorrentialVVind Add TorrentialVVind to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix

I would think it would be more helpful to address the issue rather than to not talk about it at all costs. You know you cannot refer to suicidal people as one entity and pretend like they behave a certain way ("it makes them want to do it more"). People behave differently.

-Cromwell

Old Post 11-18-2003 08:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
Originally posted by TorrentialVVind
I don't think he's joking around. He's been through a lot, and I doubt he would be 'looking for attention' if he told ME. We keep in touch a lot, so..

how do you talk to him? phone? irc? aim? snail mail... etc?

Old Post 11-18-2003 09:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Try telling the police or psychologists.

Old Post 11-23-2003 02:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

What's going on? Is he alright?

Old Post 12-10-2003 03:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

I have a friend who use to consider suicide because a lot of things happened in his life... I avoided the problem whenever I talked to him and I tried to make him happy. Joked with him, took him out, and tried to cheer him up whenever I could... Every day now, he tells me he's really happy I was around to help.

Old Post 12-11-2003 11:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TorrentialVVind
Kyuubi!

Yea.. Maybe I'll talk to him about happy things.. Keep his mind off things and stuff. Thanks.

Old Post 12-12-2003 02:02 PM
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

just comfort him, when he needs a friend, needs you listen and talk. sometimes in suicidal discussions.. its better to listen rather then talking back. i friend of mine commited suicide but lived... and i kinda ignored the things she was telling me... just manuvered around it when talking.. but that gives them the impression that u dont really care and just dont understand. im thankful till this day, and never would i make the same mistake agian. never avoid it, doesn't matter if you dont know what to say, what to do, as long as you listen, and be there for a friend, as a friend.. to comfort.

Old Post 12-22-2003 06:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by YaaMaKoh
i friend of mine commited suicide but lived...

You mean she attempted suicide?

Tell the police or someone who will help. If you don't know how to help find someone who can.

Old Post 12-23-2003 04:36 AM
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Or you can ask people who would know how to deal with this, police and psychologists may be able to help you. Also you could talk to parents but if they don't seem to take you seriously then go to someone else.

Old Post 12-23-2003 04:36 AM
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
Originally posted by TorrentialVVind
Yea.. Maybe I'll talk to him about happy things.. Keep his mind off things and stuff. Thanks.

keep him away from drugs

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
You mean she attempted suicide?

don't assume it's a she lol

Old Post 12-23-2003 02:30 PM
ajy

let him do it, suicide's cool

Old Post 12-23-2003 04:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

quote:
Originally posted by ajy
let him do it, suicide's cool

id love to see you say that to your best friend, ya know, convince him and shit like that, see what happens

Old Post 12-26-2003 03:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
id love to see you say that to your best friend, ya know, convince him and shit like that, see what happens

i am sure he is aware of what could happen.

-Cromwell

Old Post 12-26-2003 10:23 PM
merdawg
: My Avatar is So CUTE :

quote:
just comfort him, when he needs a friend, needs you listen and talk. sometimes in suicidal discussions.. its better to listen rather then talking back. i friend of mine commited suicide but lived... and i kinda ignored the things she was telling me... just manuvered around it when talking.. but that gives them the impression that u dont really care and just dont understand. im thankful till this day, and never would i make the same mistake agian. never avoid it, doesn't matter if you dont know what to say, what to do, as long as you listen, and be there for a friend, as a friend.. to comfort.

have u guys seen Bowling for Columbine? well, i thought it was really good, and Marilyn Manson was in it, and my perspective on him changed wen he answered this one question.

Michael Moore, was interviewing Manson about how everyone was blaming him and his music as the driving force to the things that they did. and Moore asked, "if those two kids were here today, what would u say to them?"

manson replied, "nothing, i would LISTEN to them because apparently no one would listen to anything that they had to say"

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Old Post 12-27-2003 05:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote