Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Enlightenment > Nuclear Holocaust
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
aznkid1008
God is my judge

Nuclear Holocaust

well tell us about wat u think about nuclear arms and do u think a nuclear holocaust will ever happen?? and if yes who could start it?

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-31-2002 01:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

personally i think it will happen and that some crazy terrorist group will do it. then god only knows wats goin to be left.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 05-31-2002 01:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Yes, it will definatly happen, its just a question of when. One of the possible effects of Nuclear Holocaust would be something that is termed as Nuclear Winter. Far worse than a nuclear war itself, it would quite possibly destroy all life on earth, evaporate the oceans, and basicly turn the earth into a mars.
If a nuclear war happens, you can be damn sure i would have already bought some cyanide pills . Im sure as hell not going to live into a nuclear blasted world ;)

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 05-31-2002 02:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

you forget dis-armed nuclear warheads. terrorists/factions can get their hands on one and still be able to detonate it; andddd i know there's plenty of dis-armed warheads.

Old Post 05-31-2002 05:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

disarmed isn't like just taking out the bullet of the gun. It's more like dismantling i believe.....?, so they'd have to build it again to a certain degree.

Thats it, how bout the whole world gives all their nukes to the US so we can safely keep a safe watch on them in Yuca mountain aww yeah haha jp. That'd be safest heheh.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 05-31-2002 05:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

..Its just a matter of time :omg:

Props To Huby

Old Post 06-01-2002 03:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

by the time a terrorist group gets their hand on any type of nuclear weapon, we'll already have bigger, super weapons that make nukes look like cap guns.

hell, we probably already do. the public barely knew anything about the a-bomb till a few weeks (or days) before it was dropped, except that it would win the war.

what do you think the government has now? id like to see what goes on in Area 51, if you ask me.

Last edited by huby40 on 06-01-2002 at 03:29 AM

Old Post 06-01-2002 03:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Actually on that topic, my debate coach was tleling me about a new weapon that the using is trying to develop called Counter-Force or something like that.
Basiclly...it splits the earth in half and is used "only" as a last-resort weapon.

Yes and Dave is right. "Disarm" as they call it is actually more of a dismantling of weapons. The US gov't stores the parts in seperate locations and when war comes along, they fit them back together to put into commision.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 06-01-2002 03:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

you guys are scaring me...

......... guess what is behind my school..... hills...... guess what's "hidden" there.... a naval weapons station..... they say it's been empty for years...... whoever "they" is.... but everyone thinks otherwise.......................

Old Post 06-01-2002 07:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

the thing is, i have faith that the US isn't stupid enough to go through with retalliation through nuclear devices (regardless if the first-strike on us was by nukes). We know it'll end bad, and essentially if we second-strike back with nukes the victimized country will be compelled to strike back with nukes as well (i'm generalizing their mentality i know), and if they can't get us, they may go regional which would still be a grave threat.

Say a terrorist attacks the US with nukes, i don't think we'll nuke them back, cause it's absurd and everyone knows that. We'll get them back with hellafied conventional forces, that and it'd be a fair assumption that almost the rest of the world would be on the side of the victim of a nuke. So i'd say nuclear holocaust isn't inevitable, even if first strike occurs. It depends on the reaction of the receivers, and hopefully they'll be smart enough not to react foolishly (yeah, even when 25 million people are dead, we still need to think rationally about it).

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 06-02-2002 01:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

i remember hearing what Reagan said in a response to a question about an accidental launch: "Well, we'll just turn them off...."

(If you're confused: You can't turn off nuclear warheads that are already launched, missile manufacters are afraid that some hacker would go into the system and shut off the retalitory missile.)

The last couple republican presidents have been like whoa...man, read up on some of this stuff. Well, George Bush senior can be an exeption, he was okay, but he still destroyed our economy.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 06-02-2002 01:18 AM
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

shit, a prodigy person can make a nuke with the necessary items/materials. when he/she does build one, the person is most possibly considered a 'terrorist' due to the fact no one questions why he built it, but the potential of building one.

Old Post 06-02-2002 08:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

nuclear weapons are something to be afraid of...
but it's really not that easy to make a nuclear weapon
people talk about how terrorists will get a hold of one, and we should be afraid of that. but it's really not as easy as everyone says. It still is something to be afraid of though, no doubt.

Old Post 06-03-2002 05:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

i'll just repost the thing i wrote in the Debate forum on the topic of nukes seeing as this topic is starting to go into terrorism

On the general subject of nuclear weapons, i believe that disarmament and treaty signing is just a whole bunch of shit that would not get rid of the nuclear threat in the world.
The main concern nowadays is with terrorism and their factor in using nukes. Now, with the deterioration of the russian nuclear missile program and because of the intense depression that russia is going through, many of the former-soviet scientists are underpaid, and most are in a state of poverty. Thus, terrorists, who have a fair amount of funding from middle-eastern states such as IRaq or Iran, are able to pay these scientists that are, for the most part, desperate to feed their families. I remember reading a card with a quote by a russian scientist basiclly sayin that, "What do I care that a country in the west would get attacked with a nuclear bomb? I have kids to feed, immediate problems that i have to fix now, and because these terrorists are offering me a solution, i'll take it."
Thus, on to my main point, policy actions such as CTBT or Disarm only affect the state of the "lawful" world. It does nothing to prevent what happens underneath the surface, in relation to rogue groups and terrorists. In fact, i believe that if someone wrote an aff on that, it would be highly successful because for the most part, it is true. It is hard fact. Outlaw organizations that do not submit to international law are the most dangerous ones out there and are quite capable of obtaining a nuclear weapon and detonating it.

IMO, that is the threat in the world today, and the most realistic.

Onto the subject of deterrance and morality. The moral kritik tied into the Disarm aff is a whole bunch of shit also =). First off, morals are something that is never constant, it is a social construct used to explain and personalize the idea of justice. however, "morality" for each person is different. That is why there is disagreement, and that is also why using morality as an argument is such a problem. Also, I have a Firebaud (or something) card that basiclly states that by forcing morals on someone through discourse such as the 1ac, one is commiting the worst evil in the world by snuffing out true freedom of ideas and beliefs and making others conform to such a standard. Cool counter-kritik to use =)

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 06-03-2002 06:04 AM
aznkid1008
God is my judge

thats rite 2001-2002 subject of debate was on weapons on mass destruction but i never heard a plan that was realistic. (im a judge )

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 06-03-2002 08:25 PM
huby40
Squeak....

man we have all these nukes pointed at each other. i wish some aliens would try to invade earth so we can point our nukes at THEM. :satisfy:

Old Post 06-03-2002 11:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by huby40
man we have all these nukes pointed at each other. i wish some aliens would try to invade earth so we can point our nukes at THEM. :satisfy:

yea lets destroy a life form for the hell of it... thats our logic lately.... hey wtf is that, i dunno lets shoot it!

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 06-05-2002 03:10 AM