Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Enlightenment > a thought on war
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by Klumzy
Hubert said "but war is different. war is interesting. the best dont survive in war, the best are sent to the front lines and killed. while the weak and useless and disabled stay at the home front, so the weaker survive. the theory of survival of the fittest is completely reversed. "

not true at all... like someone said before, the smart ones stay home or are military leaders, not foot soldiers... being good with a gun don't necessarily mean you got good genes... the ones sent to the front lines are ussually "expendable"... the best are saved for last, even in war

Yay you figured it out.
There don't seem to be any wars now, any military movements are considered terrorism instead of war. (which according to some far fetched philosophy show that Japanese people are white, but I won't go into that)

Last edited by Alchemist on 08-27-2002 at 11:11 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-27-2002 11:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

well... war is bad... no doubt about it... but today is different from the past... pertaining about the holy wars of the jewish times. fact is that the islamic people believe their fighting a war, but they don't realize what there doing is killing the innocent civilians, thats not a war. the taliban intentionally target civilians, but wars aren't SUPPOSED to kill civilians, unfortunantly this isn't the case. this is y war is evil. God's view on war is different then ours, after all there are only wars for God's plan... its pretty vauge to just trust in God, but its one way you can't go wrong...

hey... were human... what are we to judge God's decisions as to y he supported the jews? hey... im christian no doubt about it, so i don't questions these things, war is bad... lets leave it at that...

Old Post 08-27-2002 11:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MC ChOpStiCkz
gone

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
Oh yeah, like how human nature is messed up. *gunshots and sounds of people fighting* "Oh let's go see whats going on"

"whoa, this smells wierd check it out" *everyone smells it*

"That one man is dead, we must risk the lives of 70million men to retrieve the body"

yea
in war everyone looses loose lives loose money n everything

Old Post 09-07-2002 01:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MC ChOpStiCkz Click here to Send MC ChOpStiCkz a Private Message Visit MC ChOpStiCkz's homepage! Find more posts by MC ChOpStiCkz Add MC ChOpStiCkz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

Re: a thought on war

quote:
Originally posted by huby40
animals fight with each other to establish that they are the best for breeding. they are the strongest, smartest, and most agile of the other animals and that is what makes them win fights. so they can pass the best genes to the next generation.

but war is different. war is interesting. the best dont survive in war, the best are sent to the front lines and killed. while the weak and useless and disabled stay at the home front, so the weaker survive. the theory of survival of the fittest is completely reversed.

humans seem to be an exception to everything.

hmmm otay i asked my history teacher this little blurb of thought.. and he said.. the theory of survival of the fittest is not on things like fighting and war... it's who survives diseases and climate changes...

and that the war idea you pointed out is just a perversion of the theory of survival of the fittest (darwinism??)

so like... the idea of how animals fight and the stronger lives on.. in a sense it's true but it's not the same idea that "survival of the fittest" describes...

lol then he went on a tangent about :

on the other hand.. for viruses... the stronger strain of a virus kills their hosts quicker.. therefore having less time to spread.. while the weaker strain of that same virus.... lingers in it's host and spreads to more ppl before killing off wutever it infected.... so for viruses it really is reversed...

hmm does what i said make sense? feel free to disprove those ideas...lol.. or argue them or wutever...

Old Post 09-19-2002 03:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i still think war is the human version of survival of the fittest. As long as societal morals and ethics/laws prevent us from pursuing survival of the fittest, we have a political survival. And this political competition IS the survival of the fittest of humans, since we as a world community, (with the exception of some african places like Mauritania, and such i guess which thrive on anarchy) prevent it from occuring. Our survival is based politically and is consolidated into blocs. Societies fight to survive, not humans.

In this sense, our "best" aren't sent in the front lines at all. The skillful "hands" of our nations are sent to the front line, while the "brains" (what i consider to be the best) stays behind supplying the hands with technology and strategies to pursue this survival contests. Strategy and Knowledge have become what determines who survives in the world in this human competition. In the wild, it is who is strongest. In humanity, it is who is smartest and most able. Knowledge is at a higher level than the "hands" are of the jungle for this very reason. We have a different form of combat. Therefore, the best are not sent to the front lines at all, they are left behind. Humanity is very different from the wild, one must be careful when comparing them. If anyone wants me to explain more, just say.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 09-19-2002 10:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote