Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Enlightenment > a thought on war
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
huby40
Squeak....

a thought on war

animals fight with each other to establish that they are the best for breeding. they are the strongest, smartest, and most agile of the other animals and that is what makes them win fights. so they can pass the best genes to the next generation.

but war is different. war is interesting. the best dont survive in war, the best are sent to the front lines and killed. while the weak and useless and disabled stay at the home front, so the weaker survive. the theory of survival of the fittest is completely reversed.

humans seem to be an exception to everything.

Last edited by huby40 on 07-06-2002 at 01:07 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-06-2002 01:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Oh yeah, like how human nature is messed up. *gunshots and sounds of people fighting* "Oh let's go see whats going on"

"whoa, this smells wierd check it out" *everyone smells it*

"That one man is dead, we must risk the lives of 70million men to retrieve the body"

Old Post 07-09-2002 03:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
Oh yeah, like how human nature is messed up. *gunshots and sounds of people fighting* "Oh let's go see whats going on"

"whoa, this smells wierd check it out" *everyone smells it*

"That one man is dead, we must risk the lives of 70million men to retrieve the body"

HEY NO MAN GETS LEFT BEHIND! lolz
if u ask me war is created by politics therefore should be ended wit those freakin lazy weak politics in a fight. put them in a cage and throw in a knife put it on HBO and u make some cash, some fun, and u dont need 2 send 100 million people 2 war. war is always created by politics but ended by death. of course politics makes a treaty but truely death ends the war if u really think about it.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 07-09-2002 03:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

using violence to obtain peace...hmm

Old Post 07-09-2002 05:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

quote:
Originally posted by tea

i agree..very interesting..doesn't really make alot of sense to me.. all i can say is.. humans= war.. as long as people exist within society... corruption, violence, hate will always be there...

Old Post 07-11-2002 05:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nojeel Click here to Send Nojeel a Private Message Find more posts by Nojeel Add Nojeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

hate exists because of differences in opinions, cultures, societies. racism would not exist if white people never met people other than white people. people start conflicts because of things they cant understand, so they are not used to things. war is just a bunch of people who want to prove that their opinions are right. they do this by "flexing their muscles" and itimitading one another...showing each other who has the big guns, even if it does involve civilian casualties

Old Post 07-11-2002 05:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by tea

well thats the logic of the tali-bum isnt it a HOLY WAR?!?!
BS how could a war be holy if god doesnt like war?!?!?! gotta be bsin wit me this guys hav ur towels on to tite

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 07-11-2002 06:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

god kinda did command people to start wars in his favor (thats what it says in the bible anyway). you know, everything with david, and that whole promised land thing with jerhico....

Old Post 07-11-2002 08:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

the difference between humans and animals is this: Animals are all the same, humans are not. We are naturally dividing into different classifications by choice and nature and thus we live in a multi-layered society. Animals on the other hand...live on one layer, the same one that all animals (i'm thinking of lions, so for the other animals it doesn't apply to, doesn't matter, you get the idea). Humans are more like the morlock society of the Time Machine by HG Wells...humans are now born where they specialize in certain jobs and tasks in which they perform them and live through depending on others of different tasks to fill the gap they cannot perform. Animals do everything themselves, humans work together (yeah, killer whales and such do too, but not as a huge race, only in groups). I could go on, but i won't heh.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 07-13-2002 01:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by huby40
god kinda did command people to start wars in his favor (thats what it says in the bible anyway). you know, everything with david, and that whole promised land thing with jerhico....

ok then explain the commandment that says u shall not kill or somethin like that?

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 07-13-2002 03:17 AM
huby40
Squeak....

explain why Moses kept his hands up to please God in order to win his battle

explain why the walls of jerhico fell down for the isrealites to invade

explain why david with won so many wars with God on his side

Old Post 07-13-2002 03:54 AM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Re: a thought on war

quote:

but war is different. war is interesting. the best dont survive in war, the best are sent to the front lines and killed. while the weak and useless and disabled stay at the home front, so the weaker survive. the theory of survival of the fittest is completely reversed.

humans seem to be an exception to everything.

not neccesarily true. The smartest stay at home. Whether they are fit or not depends on the case.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 07-13-2002 05:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:

cause god needed someone to do his dirty work

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 07-13-2002 03:14 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:

simple. It's all fiction .

note: this isn't meant to start something big, so please don't blow it up. If parts are based on history then i don't care, it's historical fiction. haha only on JSL must i put a note/disclaimer at the end. jp though, JSL is cool.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 07-13-2002 06:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

gg psychosnowman wins.

Old Post 07-13-2002 10:55 PM
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
gg psychosnowman wins.

who died and made u judge

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 07-13-2002 11:05 PM
MellowYellow

aww damn happened in here... lol... war with words... lol.. except the only thing dying is ... pride... lmao

there is no peace.... never can there be world peace... ppl are just too different... but that's fine with me... with out competition we would never advance... war creates some cool shiet... like sonar and stuff like that.. which in turn.. helps us learn about undersea stuff...

but uh.. a-bomb... lol.. wtf would you need those...

using violence to obtain peace... that is really intresting... and so true... argh... i hate that ... cuz there are two opinions. and to make it peaceful with no arguments.... you force the other opinion out... so uh.... lol... treaty my ass.....

okay bye bye now... i really have nothing to contribute except

aznkid.....i made huby the judge.. MUHAHAHAH

Old Post 07-14-2002 12:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tuffy

War is an endless waltz of war, "peace", and rebellion, to the sound of jealousy, hatred, and prejudice.

True peace must be won.........so it will never truly come.

I trust in the word of God, but I don't trust in the word of men. Men tend to lie in order to gain and/or retain power.

Old Post 07-20-2002 11:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tuffy Click here to Send Tuffy a Private Message Find more posts by Tuffy Add Tuffy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

politics always instigated the wars, though i dont see any of those fat ass politicians in the dirt fighting what they're defending except their seat. wonder what happen to people like Martin Luther King and Ghandi. world is to fucking ignorant to see true and total pacifism.

Old Post 07-30-2002 07:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Klumzy

Hubert said "but war is different. war is interesting. the best dont survive in war, the best are sent to the front lines and killed. while the weak and useless and disabled stay at the home front, so the weaker survive. the theory of survival of the fittest is completely reversed. "

not true at all... like someone said before, the smart ones stay home or are military leaders, not foot soldiers... being good with a gun don't necessarily mean you got good genes... the ones sent to the front lines are ussually "expendable"... the best are saved for last, even in war

Old Post 08-03-2002 04:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Klumzy Click here to Send Klumzy a Private Message Find more posts by Klumzy Add Klumzy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote