Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > flips asian???
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
weed smoka

flips asian???

do you think flips are asian???

i dont think they are, more like islanders

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-11-2002 04:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for weed smoka Click here to Send weed smoka a Private Message Find more posts by weed smoka Add weed smoka to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

i consider them asian

Old Post 11-11-2002 05:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

haha, ooh these applications are having there influence on me. I consider them Asian/Pacific Islander, yeah just like all those forms. It's one in the same really.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 11-11-2002 08:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
haha, ooh these applications are having there influence on me. I consider them Asian/Pacific Islander, yeah just like all those forms. It's one in the same really.

asian and pacific islander are different

Old Post 11-11-2002 09:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by tea

asian and pacific islander are different

they aren't objectively different. I stated i group them in sort of the same category. That's it. That's why we are debating this, cause it's subjective.

-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 11-11-2002 at 09:24 PM

Old Post 11-11-2002 09:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nas

I don't get it all these questions.. what makes someone Asian? What makes them non-Asian? What's the definition of Asian nowadays?
The Pacific Islands are in Asia, so wouldn't that make Pacific Islanders Asian? How are the two different?
Maybe I should reply in the other topic but.. India is in Asia, so to me, that makes them Asian.

Russians... I'm not too sure, but Eurasian? (or at least that's how my Russian friend labels them ^^)

I know you better than you think I do-don't
worry dear, this is why I fell in love with you.
The man in the looking glass, is looking back
at you at last. You can't hide from the truth
because the truth is all there is.
And the truth hurts because the truth is all there is.
I realized some time ago, that I would have to let you go...
- Handsome Boy Modeling School
*d-30

Old Post 11-12-2002 12:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nas Click here to Send nas a Private Message Visit nas's homepage! Find more posts by nas Add nas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

i agree wit nas.. since pafific islanders are still part of asia.. they are asian..

Old Post 11-12-2002 02:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

quote:
Originally posted by Street RSX
i agree wit nas.. since pafific islanders are still part of asia.. they are asian..

then russians are asian too right

hahah i outsmarted you

o no...dont get me backk aaahhh!! *starts running*

Old Post 11-12-2002 05:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

hmm..i had a little quote from this Pacific Islander student union at the University of Washington giving reasons why pacific islanders are independent of asians

heres an interesting article on the subject: http://archives.thedaily.washington...20300/news.html
keep in mind that many of the people in question believe that they are not asian.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Last edited by Crazydeb8ter on 11-12-2002 at 06:31 AM

Old Post 11-12-2002 06:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

a lot of my filipino friends call themselves pacific islander, not asian

Old Post 11-12-2002 10:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spartan

Isn't Japan an island in the pacific? It's still Asian. On that term, I base the other Pacific Islands above the equator Asian.

Old Post 11-12-2002 08:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Spartan Click here to Send Spartan a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan Add Spartan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

From the link posted: "The only thing that brought us [Asians and Pacific Islanders] together were census bureaus,"

That's not really true, the ASEAN Regional Forum (United Nations),
and probably SEATO as well.

Saying Pacific Islanders aren't Asian is like saying Catholics aren't Christian. (This is just something to help you understand. Like a metaphor, analogy, or proportion or something. Don't say this is random crap or I will call you a moron)

Catholics are Christian, Christianity is divided into several different denominations but they're all Christian.

Ok, maybe there are some differences between different Asians. But hey, there's the same thing with White people too. And Black as well, and several others too. Yeah pretty much all generalizations would have several physical and cultural differences inside them.

There are 3 different classifications within the classification "Asian", although these 3 have several cultural and physical traits, all 3 are classified as Asian.

So Flips are Asian.

You may call the following "random crap":

Flip does not stand for Fine Looking Irish People, they aren't Irish.

Old Post 11-21-2002 02:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Also from the site: "In order to be diverse, we need to distinguish each culture as they really are,"

If you're going to do this, you might as well distinguish all races by their country. Asian, White, Black, Latino, etc. are all obsolete and no longer needed and can be considered derogatory then.

Old Post 11-21-2002 02:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó

I do. I don't consider Hmong Asian.

Definition of Asian = Having a country in ASIA
HMONG = No country

So I define Hmong as not being Asian.

Old Post 11-27-2002 12:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó Click here to Send ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó a Private Message Find more posts by ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó Add ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

so native americans shouldn't be americans then? or they shouldn't be considered part of north america because they don't have their own country?

If you reside in the continent, your part of it i think. I mean, we're basing this now on artificial political circumsribes...when it shouldn't be so strict on that.

-Cromwell

Old Post 11-27-2002 09:14 PM
tm11
down by law

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
so native americans shouldn't be americans then? or they shouldn't be considered part of north america because they don't have their own country?

If you reside in the continent, your part of it i think. I mean, we're basing this now on artificial political circumsribes...when it shouldn't be so strict on that.

yeah I agree with David on this, not having sovereignty or being an autonomous nation doesn't mean you're not that ethnicity, Tibetan people are Asian, but Tibet is not a country.

Old Post 11-27-2002 09:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

quote:
Originally posted by ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó
I do. I don't consider Hmong Asian.

Definition of Asian = Having a country in ASIA
HMONG = No country

So I define Hmong as not being Asian.

So you're saying that Hmongs are not Asian just because they don't have a country in Asia? Hah, what kinda bs is that? the definition of Asian is NOT even what you said. An Asian is a native or inhabitant of Asia. If I'm not Asian, what am I then? Hmongs don't have a country in Europe, South America, or any other continent. It doesn't matter if the people have a country or not. It is where they originated from. Besides, you know NOTHING about the Hmong people and their history. If you did, you would reconsider...

My goodness, could you be any more ignorant? I thought I was bad...

Old Post 11-27-2002 10:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JuJu
shaKe :: sHake

i think da flips are asians

Old Post 11-27-2002 11:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JuJu Click here to Send JuJu a Private Message Find more posts by JuJu Add JuJu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

im black.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 11-28-2002 12:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

i say flipz are asians but their under the category pacific islanders

Old Post 11-28-2002 09:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote