Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > gay people
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mariposa
MaGiCaLLy DeLiCiOuS

psychosnowman, have you ever read the poem "we wear the mask"? well, i know for fact that most people have a defense mechanism built into them that replaces any uncomfortable emotion or feeling -with humor. it makes sense that we do this - b/c humor is much easier to handle than shame, pain - whatever.
still, i do not agree with your arguments.
ok - so your friend uses humor. you say she's coping - i say she's hiding.
it's all relative

i am seung ju's sister. the stories he told you are of my past. though i know you feel strongly about this, as does my brother, i would respectfully request that this topic be dropped - it thoroughly irritates me.

you never know much about anything until you've experienced the circumstance or situation in its entirety. i'd thank you to stop putting on the fascade that you are a mountain of useful knowledge to us. you are, in fact, just another random person posting on a forum.

i found it ironic that you apologized for stirring up such anger, yet persued your quest to be the victor of your little argument.

by the way, in the Bible it states that it is an abomonation to God when men lie with men (followed by "when men lie with beast"). so - it is in the Bible that homosexuality is wrong.

my stance on the gay issue: i do not condone their lifestyle or their choices regarding homosexuality. still, i am bound as a Christian to love them just the same.

God bless y'all *^_^*

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-06-2002 11:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mariposa Click here to Send mariposa a Private Message Find more posts by mariposa Add mariposa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

u guys fuckin writing essays...

Old Post 04-06-2002 12:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

I'M NOT POSTING ON THIS THREAD ANYMORE...I'll try not to stir up any more arguments, i'll just respond. I'll drop the issue, due to your request and the fact that i was about to anyway (there was no progression). I guess i'm too used to Cross-X.com, where people outline every point and respond, Seung Ju. Also, so many people responded to my comment, that this post will be LONG also. READ IF YOU WANT. It's seperated to respond to different people.

Mariposa - since your post, i have recently read the poem. And though my friend uses humor, it seems as though she is able to approach the subject in a better way and more of good seriousness by utilizing it in my opinion. I understand you don't agree with my arguments. And though you find it ironic me apologizing and then pursuing to respond to his arguments (why cannot the two be done at the same time, i did not mean harm, therefore i apologized; simple as that), i find it ironic that you wish to cease the discussion but continue with calling me these titles and even attempt to progress the issue ( calling me a "mountain of knowledge", proof in the bible of homosexuality). Just because my posts were long does not make me a mountain of knowledge. I'm not putting on any fascade, you are the one imposing that name on my posts. It was meant in a negative sense as i see in your post, and that doesn't do anything to end this thread (though i will end it of course). I could easily say you and seung ju are imposing your "mountain of knowledge" on me easily, but i'm not (and it's not because you aren't worthy of hte title.) It's out of respect for you ideals. You also go on to reduce me to "another random person on the forum" as if i have claimed the title of mountain of knowledge. It is all you. I don't reduce you to such names out of respect, but you don't really show any towards the opposing side. You'd like to thank me to stop putting on a fascade of a mountain of knowledge? I'm not, and I'd like to thank you to stop disregarding my point of view and imposing such monikers upon me. And another thing, it's not MY little argument. Seung Ju brought it of issue if you wanna assign blame. You could easily say it was my fault for saying it, but then Foucault Normality Philosophy would say that you shouldn't assume it was me just because i was out of the norm of discourse. So who's little argument is it? kind of subjective.

I find it distasteful that you say my friend is hiding with humor. Though it coincides with that poem, i feel she is very different from it. So you have to cry during the night, have suicide attempts, and such to "deal" or "cope" with it? I don't agree. In ways, i think she deals with it more real and efficiently than i've seen in other instances (yours being on of them). Crying won't do anything, suicide is horrible, and i'm sorry for what you went through but don't you agree how painful it was? Why suffer when you do not need to? Humor doesn't equal running. And humor can be a way to cope with BOTH aspects, shame, pain, etc. more easily. See what i'm getting at? However, of course we are entitled to opinions.

One last thing, i don't want to start another big chain reactions of responses or anything, but could you possibly tell me where it says that in the bible? As you can tell i am into this sort of thing, and i have never seen this reference before (however obvious it may be). It has sparked my interest.

Seung Ju - i feel you misunderstood me, however it does not matter. Again, though it may be an excuse, i'm used to Cross-x.com where everyone responds to every single aspect and point of the arguments in each post; and not all this dodging and such. If you don't want to respond to my arguments, then so be it. I expected a kind of mutual opposing side respect, but that seems only one-sided here. Lastly, the only reason i repeat myself is because you don't respond to it. And you never acknowledge as fully the arguments that i give as i do to yours. And it may have seemed that i turned around your arguments, but you misinterpreted and i cleared things up and rebutted. It wasn't JUST luck that made her cope with it. She coped with it HER way and it helped, ok? You are imposing a whole lot false things on me, like telling moms that it's ok with humor and cheer up or something. I don't know where that came from but though it helped your side of the issue. It was all false and imposed though, all i'm doing is posting on a forum and i joke about it in conversations and stuff (when appropriate, i know you think it's never appropriate). I don't have a big mission. And you misunderstood my side of the story i think. Finally, about my ego, I might have come across that way but i pride myself in having a minimal ego, and it wouldn't have been inflated. But whatever, if you responded to my side instead of your side then it may have not seemed like i had such a big "ego." It's easy to say terrorism and rape are completely different things, my point did have reason in it though. Again whatever, thats all.

Jun - You are wrong on your assumption. If something bad happened to me, i would want people to laugh at it. If it could help them feel better for even a little while, i would love that. Helping anyone feel better for even a little bit of time with no price to pay (except those in the past that were uncontrollable) is a great thing to do. It might even make me feel better to laugh at it once in awhile. Though i realize not a lot of people have this mentality by examining the thread. Also, i don't think rape is meaningless.

CrazyDeb8ter - Thanks for understanding my side. I agree with your entire post.

BigChubuff - I don't have a grudge against you. Though i imagine people do against me now . It's all about respecting people's opinions and not letting emotions getting in the way. They may have happened for a duration of time with me, but they won't anymore. No, because i know people are going to accuse me of this...you don't have to think this way, ok?

All in all, i understand people got offended by my comment, and i actually pondered if i should actually write that in my original post, but i went with it mostly due to my mentality towards the issue. I understand a LOT of people don't feel the same, and in the future i'll just stick my comments like that in Cross-x.com (where intelligent discourse supercedes emotions speaking for people instead of rationale) hah, or just not say them to the general public.

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 04-06-2002 at 01:15 PM

Old Post 04-06-2002 12:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mariposa
MaGiCaLLy DeLiCiOuS

i guess i'll have to be the bigger person and say nothing.
God bless

Last edited by mariposa on 04-06-2002 at 02:01 PM

Old Post 04-06-2002 01:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mariposa Click here to Send mariposa a Private Message Find more posts by mariposa Add mariposa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yupkipucca
::Yupki::

jeez... u guyz write soo long i couldnt read the whole post yea...i think that itz a good idea if everyone calms down and stuff... i wish i read all of the posts but they were WAY too long and i wuz getting dizzy from all of the letters... no, actually i just kinda got sick of it after that whole "bible" thing... and then this topic turned into rape or terrorism or SOMETHING.... yea... um... could someone just sum up what everyone said in it fast simple lil post?? NOT an essay!~

Old Post 04-06-2002 02:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for yupkipucca Click here to Send yupkipucca a Private Message Find more posts by yupkipucca Add yupkipucca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

bottom line is: we all had a huge misunderstanding. we got on aim and worked everything out, and that's all it really was, and we let it get to our heads. but i think we'd all agree that this thread be deleted, if its not any trouble.

Old Post 04-06-2002 02:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ass
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by bigChubuff
u guys fuckin writing essays...
ass

Old Post 04-06-2002 03:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ass Click here to Send ass a Private Message Find more posts by ass Add ass to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ass
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by bigChubuff

dude are you GAY?

are you gay? say YES! and tell the truth to the people

Old Post 04-06-2002 03:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ass Click here to Send ass a Private Message Find more posts by ass Add ass to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

quote:
Originally posted by ass
are you gay? say YES! and tell the truth to the people

no but my bf is..

haha jk iss a joke i heard long time ago..^^';

Old Post 04-06-2002 05:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
altec

hmm i know the argument is over but...

in the Bible, the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, they were destroyed by God because the town (men) wanted to "sleep" with the male angels sent from God.

:T

Old Post 04-06-2002 07:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for altec Click here to Send altec a Private Message Find more posts by altec Add altec to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

quote:
Originally posted by altec
hmm i know the argument is over but...

in the Bible, the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, they were destroyed by God because the town (men) wanted to "sleep" with the male angels sent from God.

:T

hmm which book was it from and what chapter and verse? o.O i wanna read it..

Old Post 04-06-2002 07:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micron
all i need is a miracle

move to debate forum..

Old Post 04-07-2002 07:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dope nose
Donnie Darko

Location: in front of a computer screen...jesus...i thought that would be obvious

i have no problem with gay people what so ever
they are some of the nicest people you will ever meet
i mean its their choice in life and its the choices in life we make that makes us who we are.....all those christians and catholics should learn to be more open minded cause gay people are human beings not something to be looked down upon....and plus god made everyone didnt he so you should learn to respect everyone even if you have problems or disagreee with someones choice

Old Post 04-08-2002 12:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dope nose Click here to Send dope nose a Private Message Find more posts by dope nose Add dope nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dope nose
Donnie Darko

Location: in front of a computer screen...jesus...i thought that would be obvious

i totally agreee with psycho snowman

Old Post 04-08-2002 12:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dope nose Click here to Send dope nose a Private Message Find more posts by dope nose Add dope nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
j1u012

well... i'm a christian.. and like at our church we don't condemn gays or whatever.. actually we like them.. <as people> like they're the nicest people in the world.. i swear... but we hate the sin that they do... not the person... well i'm probably juss bein' stupid right now... so yeah...

i be marble kraq~! bEtTa rEcOgNiZe~!! heh heh ^_^;;

Old Post 04-11-2002 10:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for j1u012 Click here to Send j1u012 a Private Message Find more posts by j1u012 Add j1u012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

i couldn't really care if somebody's gay or not. I think it's wierd when people say "that's gay" when they really mean "that's fucking stupid."

isn't fucking stupid better to use? oh well. krnswat, look what you started:

Old Post 04-11-2002 01:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nite_sky

quote:
Originally posted by krnxswat

hmmmm.. which book? chapter? verse?

Leviticus 20:13; altho they only say "man" whatever, I assume He means "woman" also.

I have a gay friend, but I still think that homosexuality is wrong. And I agree with j1u012 about liking the person but hating the sin.

Last edited by nite_sky on 04-15-2002 at 03:01 PM

Old Post 04-15-2002 02:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for nite_sky Click here to Send nite_sky a Private Message Find more posts by nite_sky Add nite_sky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

quote:
Originally posted by huby40
oh well. krnswat, look what you started:

quote:
Leviticus 20:13

"if a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, boh of them have done what is detestable. they must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads"

Old Post 04-15-2002 06:38 PM
lovedontloveme

Okay, first of all I want to say that I've read this whole thread and I think it's amazing how much input you guys put into this, especially David and Seung Ju.

Second, I don't think this thread should be deleted. It's in the debate forum, where different views are put into perspective. I don't see anything wrong with this thread.

Now, my opinion on this 'gay people' topic. I don't find anything 'wrong' or 'right' with people being gay, afterall, their sexual orientation really can't be helped; who am I to say what is right and what is wrong? Like PsychoSnowman said, it really is just another lifestyle. Come to think of it, what is 'right' and what is wrong? I really don't like using those words. What is 'right' to you, could be 'wrong' to another.
I was baptised as a Catholic, so I guess you could say I am a Catholic, but I really don't see myself as a Catholic. Sure, I go to church and I pray but I don't believe I know enough about this religion.
Just something I wanted to point out; my uncle answered when I asked why homosexuality was a sin (this was about a year or more ago) that the reason 'homosexuality' is sin, is because originally, homosexuality is what brought on 'AIDS' and the such.
Just something to think about. Nowadays I really don't see why homosexuality is a 'sin' if that's the reason why.
It seems that people judge what is 'right' and what is 'wrong' using the bible as a guide. Although I am baptised as a Catholic, I really don't believe that the Bible is a reliable guide. I guess I just don't have that 'faith'.

A great part of organized religion, is the mystery that God works with.

Sorry if you don't understand what I'm trying to state, but it just all jumbled out of my thoughts and views into my fingers and onto the keyboard and into the screen, haha.

Old Post 04-15-2002 08:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lovedontloveme Click here to Send lovedontloveme a Private Message Visit lovedontloveme's homepage! Find more posts by lovedontloveme Add lovedontloveme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alecks

quote:
Originally posted by j1u012
well... i'm a christian.. and like at our church we don't condemn gays or whatever.. actually we like them.. <as people> like they're the nicest people in the world.. i swear... but we hate the sin that they do... not the person... well i'm probably juss bein' stupid right now... so yeah...

word.
i think that's the generally accepted christian position towards homosexuality.

love the sinner, hate the sin

christians should think of homosexuality as a sin, but one that is no greater or lesser than any other sin.

Old Post 04-17-2002 04:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for alecks Click here to Send alecks a Private Message Find more posts by alecks Add alecks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote