Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > School Life > who's who among american high school students
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
saranghae

who's who among american high school students

i got a letter for it.. i heard its a scam =X .. but like it said top 5% of students who achieved academic excellence.. and err.. i didn't do that well this year =X .. welps.. not like i'd meet the finalist thingiee. pluss.. i think its too late to turn it in x_________x

but juss asking.. if u get nominated.. it doesn't mean u'd get scholarship?-- onlie if u actually got accpeted rite?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-03-2004 02:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i never got a scholarship, but i was sent a nomination letter for 3 years in a row. The scholarship goes to the best of the best i would guess. But, since you got a letter, if you send in whatever they want you to....like the application and money if needed, then you wil be included in the list.

So to answer your question, just because you got a letter does not mean you got a scholarship.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 06-03-2004 02:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

hrmm.. but if u get on the list.. but don't actually get "accepted" would colleges still look at it? =D .. like know u got nominated and stuff.

Old Post 06-03-2004 03:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

It cost nothing to send it in so I always did (well nothing except maybe a couple of minutes of your time).

lol I have those "certificates" they send you.

Old Post 06-04-2004 07:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiggaplease

me me me

Old Post 06-08-2004 06:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vixen2005

Hey, I recieved several of those who's who among high school students. It says that you recieved this award for your outstanding preformance at school. Well a lot of my grades suck, especially when it comes to math and I get those. I don't even have a high rank in my class.

Old Post 09-09-2004 03:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vixen2005 Click here to Send Vixen2005 a Private Message Visit Vixen2005's homepage! Find more posts by Vixen2005 Add Vixen2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
perplex

top 5% isn't very exclusive, and yes, it is a scam.

Old Post 01-18-2005 02:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for perplex Click here to Send perplex a Private Message Visit perplex's homepage! Find more posts by perplex Add perplex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

quote:
Originally posted by Vixen2005
Hey, I recieved several of those who's who among high school students. It says that you recieved this award for your outstanding preformance at school. Well a lot of my grades suck, especially when it comes to math and I get those. I don't even have a high rank in my class.

same with me. i was surprised i got it =X

perplex.. i did some research.. and i'm pretty sure they're not a scam

Old Post 02-23-2005 12:25 AM
kiggaplease

it may not be a scam, but seriously, no one gives a shit about the students who make it into there

Old Post 02-26-2005 10:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

really? aww. good thing i didnt mail in the CRS thingie with $7 yet.. i was too lazy to ask my dad for his credit card ^^;;

Old Post 02-27-2005 01:02 AM
aaqthree
3 Newtons

No one would care about this, it's not prestigious.

The important national awards you would want to strive for in high school are any AP Scholar awards you can get, and any National Merit Scholarship honors you can get.

Old Post 02-28-2005 04:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote