Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Literature > lord of the rings.
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

i would hate to live in the LOTR worlds

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-02-2002 05:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

well.. tolkien was considered a genius.. and prolly still is.. if you look at his accomplishments with the series of lord of the rings and the hobbits and all his other books he creates more than just world and races but languages and details of culture.. fantasy books are a dime a dozen these days and its easy to see why his books seem so redundant.. cuz it seems like all the fantasy books are tolkien copies.. but i think c.s. lewis is ten times better.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 09-02-2002 09:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
uNiece
GOING DEEPER

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
but i think c.s. lewis is ten times better.

yes, i love c.s. lewis writings as well. i started reading through the chronicles of narnia again, because i only read the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe in the third grade and remembered nothing. i also started reading his The Screwtape Letters - it scares me to think that the stuff the devils talk about are a way that the evil ones view us humans.

anyway, yeah, Lord of the Rings is a good one. i get the book of The Two Towers for free and get to miss school and watch the movie for free on december 18 - something to promote reading awareness or something, so i signed up.

He remembered us when we were in trouble. His love continues forever. PSALM 136:23

Old Post 11-13-2002 12:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for uNiece Click here to Send uNiece a Private Message Find more posts by uNiece Add uNiece to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

quote:
Originally posted by uNiece
anyway, yeah, Lord of the Rings is a good one. i get the book of The Two Towers for free and get to miss school and watch the movie for free on december 18 - something to promote reading awareness or something, so i signed up.
NO FAIR! I TRIED TO SIGN UP AT SCHOOL!!! but they ran out of applications... i read all three books about the destruction of the one ring... i gotta say i love the series... it was a little slow in the begining but the second and third books are awesome... i just wanna see how the movie portrays the Ents... haha...

Id love to live in a world like that... haha... id be some crazy sword weilding mage... LOL i think i played too many fantasy RPGs like baulder's gate... haha

Last edited by TyGer STyLe on 11-13-2002 at 12:27 AM

Old Post 11-13-2002 12:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snowangel
ebOoo

Re: lord of the rings.

quote:
Originally posted by jusunlee
ahhh. how i wish to have lived in a world like theirs. life would have been so... different.

word.

it would have been so hype. there's an exhibit at the ROM (royal ontario museum).. on the LORD OF THE RINGS: the two towers.. that i'm prolly gonna check out.

and i'm def watching it opening night.

Old Post 11-13-2002 06:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for snowangel Click here to Send snowangel a Private Message Find more posts by snowangel Add snowangel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

the guy in the movie...i forgot his name
elijah wood?

hes like the biggest flamer..hes so....girly...i dont know

Old Post 11-13-2002 08:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
twinkie
twinkie

quote:
Originally posted by lovedontloveme
x: the elves have hairy feet |:

HAHAHAHAHA . eww . . .

Old Post 11-14-2002 04:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for twinkie Click here to Send twinkie a Private Message Find more posts by twinkie Add twinkie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
uNiece
GOING DEEPER

quote:
Originally posted by TyGer STyLe
i just wanna see how the movie portrays the Ents... haha...

go to Border's and they have those movie books with pictures from the coming movie and there's a picture of an Ent. I don't like it. Looks like a Jim Henson muppet tree or something. I expected something less grumpy looking... oh well, can't please everyone.

He remembered us when we were in trouble. His love continues forever. PSALM 136:23

Old Post 11-18-2002 12:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for uNiece Click here to Send uNiece a Private Message Find more posts by uNiece Add uNiece to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

man i liked the movie but my i lost feelin in my ass after the first 3 hours lol
yea the grass looks greener on the other side. but it would be kool to think about. i'd want to be a ranger or watever like strider or watever his name was lol.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 11-18-2002 01:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

true. the grass is beautiful in that movie.
just fields and fields of beautiful green grass, swaying in the wind....

god have mercy.

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Old Post 11-23-2002 08:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snowangel
ebOoo

quote:
Originally posted by uNiece

go to Border's and they have those movie books with pictures from the coming movie and there's a picture of an Ent. I don't like it. Looks like a Jim Henson muppet tree or something. I expected something less grumpy looking... oh well, can't please everyone.

haha.. how they depict treebeard should be interesting. i wanna see what they did with gollum though. i'm imagining something like dobby from the new harry potter flick. haha..

Old Post 11-24-2002 04:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for snowangel Click here to Send snowangel a Private Message Find more posts by snowangel Add snowangel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

For those of you that think Tolkien suck, I challenge you to create a world almost wholly independent from ours, write a completely different creation story, a history of the world, the fate of 3 races (if you include dwarves), have them all link together and make it sound really good too.

Not so easy is it. Tolkien is considered a great because he was consistent throughout his huge works. Read The Silmarillion if you don't believe me. I love Lord of the Rings. Sure you can call me a big huge nerd, but I appreciate someone with that sort of creative talent for fantasy. It's unreal, but the writing makes it real.

Old Post 12-03-2002 01:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
uNiece
GOING DEEPER

quote:
Originally posted by snowangel

haha.. how they depict treebeard should be interesting. i wanna see what they did with gollum though. i'm imagining something like dobby from the new harry potter flick. haha..

WB had an hour special on the making of the Lord of the Rings movie series last night - i hope you got to watch it. I was just starring at Orlando Bloom the whole time ... ahahaha~ it's really cool how they made everything!

and the gollum character is cool. anyway, let's just await the movie...

Old Post 12-06-2002 12:58 AM