Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Literature > the most boring book you've ever had to read
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tea
Official Pothead

scarlet letter

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-29-2002 07:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
untouchable
cuz im ur #1

catcher in the rye...i just never saw the point.

Old Post 07-05-2002 02:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for untouchable Click here to Send untouchable a Private Message Visit untouchable's homepage! Find more posts by untouchable Add untouchable to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Ok I didn't like Gentlehands. "Oh I met the most wonderful girl over the summer and I'm gonna go around being stupid because my grandfather was a nazi." "Poor people are stupid and poor"

I just didn't like it.

A Seperate peace - It's one of those books that aren't good when forced down your throat.
"Oh look at me, I'm gay, I'm gonna kill my best friend because he's so nice and cares about me so much."

Old Post 07-05-2002 10:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

damn.
I really really enjoyed catcher in the rye.

a seperate peace wasn't bad, i suppose it was "forced down my throat," but of the books i had to read in school that year it was one of the ones I actually enjoyed.

Old Post 07-06-2002 01:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

i liked catcher in the rye too....but a lot of the books i read in college, theyre really good....i enjoy reading all of them

Old Post 07-06-2002 04:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

omg anyone ever read The Sound and The Fury by william faulkner? its so freaking annoying.

but once you get how to read it it turns out to be a pretty good book.

Old Post 07-11-2002 06:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Amanda

A Tale of Two Cities...Charles Dickens did horribly on that book. Great Expectations was so much better...

The Pearl. John Steinbeck is a horrible author, in my opinion...At least he was with that book. I've yet to see what he can do with East of Eden...

Yeah, it's hard to find a book that I don't like. Those two were just completely unbearable for me. Sad thing is...my English class required them. :sad:

Old Post 07-14-2002 04:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Amanda Click here to Send Amanda a Private Message Visit Amanda's homepage! Find more posts by Amanda Add Amanda to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
storm

quote:
Originally posted by Babu2002
The Outsiders...

ahh no way! I loved that book :)
the most boring book EVER is Childhood's End by Arthur C Clarke. I was probably too young to understand it, but that's one of the few books I haven't finished.

Old Post 07-17-2002 12:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for storm Click here to Send storm a Private Message Find more posts by storm Add storm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote