Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > TV and Movies > Casablanca
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Casablanca

We saw this in issues class. This is an awesome movie.

Ok so I found Casablanca to be a cool movie that had cool music and was actually pretty funny.

This was great; our issues teacher showed us this movie to compare the movies from the past to the movies of today. In the past there were censors who wouldn't allow cursing or nudity. They also had to make them quite frequently. Anyway he was pretty much telling us that this movie kicks ass and that new movies suck.

Comparing this to a movie created years later I found that I liked it much better than Titanic, for more info on Titanic see this site sure it's not that objective but still...

I liked "As Time Goes By" much more than "My Heart Will Go On" And I'd watch this movie again. (Not Titanic)

Let's see, jokes hmm.

Casablanca:
Rick: "Don't forget this gun is pointed at your heart."
Captain Renault: "That is my least vulnerable spot."
(I guess some people didn’t get the joke but I thought it was funny.)

Titanic:
Rose: "You're crazy!"
Jack: "That's what they tell me, but with all due respect, Miss, I'm not the one hanging off the back of a ship."
(This would have been better if it were in an action movie such as The Rock.)
Action movie type joke:
“Wipe your self off, you’re bleeding.”
“Wipe your self off, you dead.”
I mean, it’s like a taunt type thing.

I liked the movie The Rock better than The African Queen. I usually like modern movies better than old movies but there are some old movies Like Casablanca and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly that are just great.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-13-2004 01:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Yea Casablanca is great. Can't find many films of that caliber anymore.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 01-13-2004 04:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

Re: Casablanca

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
Action movie type joke:
“Wipe your self off, you’re bleeding.”
“Wipe your self off, you dead.”
I mean, it’s like a taunt type thing.

that was in rush hour

Old Post 01-13-2004 08:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

intresting

Old Post 01-14-2004 01:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

i saw african queen in my usap class..it was..alright

wait no it wasnt

Old Post 01-14-2004 02:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote