Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > Class Struggle
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Class Struggle

Look at the history of countries such as Cuba, Soviet Union, France, China, Mongolia and you will have some sort of class struggle in their past's. A revolt of some kind took place against classes that are higher than the respective revoltees.

Will this ever become a problem in the United States?

I will post my opinion after some people post.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-12-2003 01:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

well if a reason comes up of course. all those countries had major problems and good reasons 4 a revolt 2 occur. America was built by the people 4 the people. but in some areas r now secret 2 the public for our safety. if there is a revolt it will most likely be small or not a problem 4 the CIA, NSA, FBI, or other secret gov organizations 2 stop before any real dmg occurs. but i highly doubt a reason will occur because of the way our gov is structured wit 3 branches keeping corruption and overpower of any branch nearly useless unless u control all 3 branches. before the people hav 2 rise and fight the gov iitself will fight first.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 07-14-2003 04:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

i highly doubt a revolt in the united states. in the case of cuba, china and USSR, communism appealed to the lower classes. i think that the US is too economically stable for a revolt to occur

Old Post 07-20-2003 11:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix
i highly doubt a revolt in the united states. in the case of cuba, china and USSR, communism appealed to the lower classes. i think that the US is too economically stable for a revolt to occur

What about the issue of the NYS budget? It may not be enough to spark an all out revolt but if something bigger came along then...

Old Post 07-23-2003 02:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

quote:
Originally posted by aznkid1008
well if a reason comes up of course. all those countries had major problems and good reasons 4 a revolt 2 occur. America was built by the people 4 the rich people. but in some areas r now secret 2 the public for our safety. if there is a revolt it will most likely be small or not a problem 4 the CIA, NSA, FBI, or other secret gov organizations 2 stop before any real dmg occurs. but i highly doubt a reason will occur because of the way our gov is structured wit 3 branches keeping corruption and overpower of any branch nearly useless unless u control all 3 branches. before the people hav 2 rise and fight the gov iitself will fight first.

20% of the US population holds 70% of the nation's wealth... that leaves 30% of the nation's wealth to 80% of the population. Why don't you try telling me that is fair...

And guess who holds most of the wealth? The people who work for the US government, in all three branches. Just because each branch as the same amount of power as the other, it doesn't mean that there won't be a revolt.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if their is a revolt of the lower classes against the 1st class. And maybe it should happen. Happenings help shape the government to become stronger and better.

Side note: My history teacher always talks about this because he sees a big problem between the rich and the poor... I forgot most of the things he said but the statistics were outrageous, that's why I remember that!

Old Post 07-23-2003 03:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

and whoever stated life was fair? ur point only proves that the "trickling down of money" idea that bush has wont work for shit and it wont.
and if u havnt realized they rnt oppressed to the point that they dont hav any decisions. unlike the other countries where the government owned all that they see.
and the other half of ur point was that people should revolt against the rich class. and how does that point out to the government itself? if they do that the government wont fall rock bottom and we wont need a new system.
we did hav a revolt against the government before because of taxes. but we hav alil thing called THE AMERICAN ARMY. unlike the rest of the countries that fell they were not democratic, they did not hav the most powerful army, FBI, CIA, etc... so u want to start a revolt u better get a large majority of the nation because anythin else wont do shit.

"20% of the US population holds 70% of the nation's wealth... that leaves 30% of the nation's wealth to 80% of the population. Why don't you try telling me that is fair..."
the sad part is i am apart of that 80% of that pop like most people in jsl.com but the another sad point is we live better then most nations around the world. im not sayin its fair but heck we got pretty good lives and no reason to complain.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 07-23-2003 08:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

the american population has become too complacent with their current economic status and thereof too content with the idea of rugged individualism as a practical solution to every economic status to ever try to imbue a revolt of any kind. They do not care, because they feel like they could change their economic status if they tried hard enough. That is why there are no class struggles, not because of who holds the most wealth or whatever is present statistically in the status quo of america.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 08-08-2003 at 02:02 AM

Old Post 07-23-2003 08:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote