Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > microsoft buying companies
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kryogenix
Ghost

microsoft buying companies

i was wondering, where do you get more pride and respect, from starting a competing company against microsoft, or selling a company to microsoft and getting $100 million.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-10-2003 07:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micron
all i need is a miracle

Re: microsoft buying companies

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix
i was wondering, where do you get more pride and respect, from starting a competing company against microsoft, or selling a company to microsoft and getting $100 million.
so far in ms history, no one ever successfully withstood against microsoft. to name a few what comes to mind, microsoft killed off netscape (navigator) by introducing ie integrated with windows, borland (cpp builder) by recruiting all their top talent until they became nothing but a hallow shell, and is in the verge of killing off real (realplayer) with the integration of wmplayer into windows. not to mention all the countless small companies it swallowed up to get to where it is. it would mean corporate death to head against microsoft, and in this day and age where there is no meaning in honor, it would be wiser to sell out whlie microsoft is still interested. otherwise, microsoft will simply proceed to forcefully overtake, and youll end up with your company in the verge of bankrupcy wondering where it all went wrong. just ask marc andreessen, founder of netscape, which at one time was one of hte most promising internet companies, domincating over 90% of the browser market. where are they now?

it would be a wiser business decision to sell out (the future of your company will be garanteed, even though itll be a subsidiary of microsoft), respectable (youll be saving countless of jobs by having your company stay alive), and prideful (afterall, youll be an employee of one of the oldest and the most successful software company in the world). so yes, i would take the $100m.

Old Post 04-13-2003 11:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Well Microsoft's not gonna take over my ice cream truck business.

Old Post 04-14-2003 03:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist

Unless they're hungry.

Old Post 04-17-2003 04:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist

or your tennis academy.
still wating for more feedback...

Old Post 04-25-2003 07:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Re: microsoft buying companies

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix

I think you should do what will get you pride and respect from yourself.

Old Post 04-28-2003 05:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

jusun makes a good point. also besides real player and netscape, look at quicktime.

Old Post 04-28-2003 03:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

werent they interested in buying google too

Old Post 04-28-2003 03:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote