Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > Bush's Intelligence
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Bush's Intelligence

Intelligent or not in your opinion?

tell me all the great reasons you people have for bashing him all the time. "omg! he said super!" "and, unfunny!" haha!! (sarcasm)

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-14-2003 09:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

yeah, he claims he has a handle on everything, because of his intelligence, but i don't think so. I mean if he did, wouldnt he of found 1 person in more than a year? im not bashing on him, but his foreign policy is for shit, i could care less about his speaches, and grammar

Old Post 02-14-2003 10:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Re: Bush's Intelligence

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
Intelligent or not in your opinion?

tell me all the great reasons you people have for bashing him all the time. "omg! he said super!" "and, unfunny!" haha!! (sarcasm)

Well, they did rename the CIA HQ "George Bush Center for Intelligence"

Old Post 02-14-2003 11:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by AjY 2k
yeah, he claims he has a handle on everything, because of his intelligence, but i don't think so. I mean if he did, wouldnt he of found 1 person in more than a year? im not bashing on him, but his foreign policy is for shit, i could care less about his speaches, and grammar

I've heard that the US's foreign policy has been messed up throughout the post WW2 period.

Old Post 02-14-2003 11:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

i personally believe that ok his english isnt the best and he likes to just stay away from economics and likes to just keep saying we cant Iraq do this or that. Do not judge a man by his appearance but judge him by his judgement. i must say his appearance does not show much intelligence and nor does his actions. a main thing he needs 2 stop doing is pissin off the world. i mean he keeps being an ass about Iraq needing to be stopped and the UN not doing shit. but being a complete dumbass naggin UN every chance he gets isnt goin 2 help. i mean let the inspectors find that Iraq is making bio crap and go in wit some damn dignity and more allies. rite now we got who on our side on this? we got England, but their people r completely against it. then we got denmark giving us 1 sub. Turkey givin us a place to attack from and like 5 other small countries. well all i kno is Bush is tryin 2 get us fucked. where is the damn proof, he keeps saying this and that and yet how much proof has he shown for the world to change their views? only wat Powell showed in the UN. i agree thats alot of proof but thats the thing, u can say i got a gun on me and thats i said but if the cop finds i dont hav it then uhhh wat can he do if no one got hurt or anything?

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 02-15-2003 01:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

quote:
Originally posted by aznkid1008
i personally believe that ok his english isnt the best and he likes to just stay away from economics and likes to just keep saying we cant Iraq do this or that. Do not judge a man by his appearance but judge him by his judgement. i must say his appearance does not show much intelligence and nor does his actions. a main thing he needs 2 stop doing is pissin off the world. i mean he keeps being an ass about Iraq needing to be stopped and the UN not doing shit. but being a complete dumbass naggin UN every chance he gets isnt goin 2 help. i mean let the inspectors find that Iraq is making bio crap and go in wit some damn dignity and more allies. rite now we got who on our side on this? we got England, but their people r completely against it. then we got denmark giving us 1 sub. Turkey givin us a place to attack from and like 5 other small countries. well all i kno is Bush is tryin 2 get us fucked. where is the damn proof, he keeps saying this and that and yet how much proof has he shown for the world to change their views? only wat Powell showed in the UN. i agree thats alot of proof but thats the thing, u can say i got a gun on me and thats i said but if the cop finds i dont hav it then uhhh wat can he do if no one got hurt or anything?

I agree... Bush doesn't know what he's doing to a certain extent. I think he believes that the US is obsolete and comes in infinities... War with Iraq, war with Korea... basically, everything he talks about is war war war. Do we have an infinity amount of equipment, and people for war with so many countries? Then he brings up tax cuts... yeah yeah, sure tax cuts are great! buh at this time??? during his "war, war, war" speeches? well, if I'm not wrong, it takes money to make these 'war' equipment. I'm with the tax cuts, just not at this time when the US really needs the money to get somewhere. Bush just needs to stop and think about what he's doing. He needs to stop getting his hands full with so many things when he can't even control one issue. He jumps too far ahead of himself and doesn't follow through with one thing until it's finished, then go to the next issue. I don't see any conclusion to what he's started.

Old Post 02-16-2003 06:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Ladi Jay
Then he brings up tax cuts... yeah yeah, sure tax cuts are great! buh at this time??? during his "war, war, war" speeches? well, if I'm not wrong, it takes money to make these 'war' equipment. I'm with the tax cuts, just not at this time when the US really needs the money to get somewhere.

The problem is, even his tax-cut policy is extremely convoluted. He is basing it upon the "trickle-down" mentality, meaning that he will give money to the rich and assume that they will buy shit and therefore the wealth will trickle down to the masses.
Reagan tried that as well, and look at his track record from the economic standpoint- fucked up as hell- and no small part due to his trickle-down policies.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 02-16-2003 08:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
The problem is, even his tax-cut policy is extremely convoluted. He is basing it upon the "trickle-down" mentality, meaning that he will give money to the rich and assume that they will buy shit and therefore the wealth will trickle down to the masses.
Reagan tried that as well, and look at his track record from the economic standpoint- fucked up as hell- and no small part due to his trickle-down policies.

Historically, trickle-down economics hasn't worked for anyone. I don't know why Bush 2.0 thought any differently.

Old Post 02-16-2003 10:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ahny
Rachmanioff

quote:
Originally posted by requiem
Historically, trickle-down economics hasn't worked for anyone. I don't know why Bush 2.0 thought any differently.

req- and everyone else.. Please stop making fun of President Bush, he may say some weird things but you have know that 98.9 % of the words that he says comes from someone else so lets just make fun of those people and not bush. He is trying his best to lead the country lets just leave it at that. :D

Old Post 02-16-2003 11:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ahny Click here to Send Ahny a Private Message Visit Ahny's homepage! Find more posts by Ahny Add Ahny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by requiem

exactly.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 02-16-2003 11:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by Ahny
req- and everyone else.. Please stop making fun of President Bush, he may say some weird things but you have know that 98.9 % of the words that he says comes from someone else so lets just make fun of those people and not bush. He is trying his best to lead the country lets just leave it at that. :D

they weren't making fun of his diction, but his actions as president.

Yes, he is trying his best, but that doesn't give reason enough to not criticize anything he does. We could have a lower class person with the IQ of 100 try their hardest if they were hypothetically president and you want us to not criticize the horrible management of our country justbecause they are tyring their hardest in that instance too?

-Cromwell

Old Post 02-16-2003 11:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ahny
Rachmanioff

Problem

The problem is hes the only thing we got right now... Maybe its just that im very patriotic to our country? No matter who the president is you have to stick right with them ( we dont wanna turn into Russia) So why call our president stupid? Its not like anyone can be a president its takes smarts,school,connections.. all of that.

Old Post 02-17-2003 12:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ahny Click here to Send Ahny a Private Message Visit Ahny's homepage! Find more posts by Ahny Add Ahny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i think that's a very large extrapolation to say that people openly criticizing the country's leader is analogous to russia,...how would it be anyway? What you are advocating is something that was one of the main causes of the freedom of speech amendment being included in the bill of rights. When people were charged for treason or words against the government, and your "recommendation" of saying we should all stick with him and not say anything is endorsing that to an extent. I know you aren't saying we should be punished for it, but i don't see why you would say to not say anyting negative about our president and pretend like nothign bad happens just because he is our president. That's just lazy and being blind to an extent. We are sticking with him, but we can critique him too.

And, anyone can be president if they are elected.

anyway, to answer your question of why call him stupid, this is an instance where i truly can jsut say: why not?

-Cromwell

Old Post 02-17-2003 01:06 AM
aznkid1008
God is my judge

Re: Problem

quote:
The problem is hes the only thing we got right now... Maybe its just that im very patriotic to our country? No matter who the president is you have to stick right with them ( we dont wanna turn into Russia) So why call our president stupid? Its not like anyone can be a president its takes smarts,school,connections.. all of that.

excuse me being patriotic and liking the leader r 2 different things. a patriotic person sticks to the COUNTRY/NATION/watever u want to call it. the definition says nothin about liking the leader of the nation. i luv america its done me well. if u want 2 read about wat i think about Bush scroll up 2 my earlier post. We the people hav the rite kick him out if we think that he is doin a horrible job. and by lookin at the people protestin in america and the world it doesnt look good for junior.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 02-17-2003 01:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. - Barbara Ehrenreich

I think that sums it up pretty well. That and everyone else's posts.

Old Post 02-17-2003 03:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Re: Problem

quote:

that is what we call blind patriotism. Base your judgements upon merit and action, not upon credential. Had the founding fathers of our country possessed the same mindset as you, this country would not have existed- had they ceased to question, and to dissent, and instead chose to "stick right with" King George, this republic would have never been founded.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 02-17-2003 04:42 AM
Ahny
Rachmanioff

In reply

" think that's a very large extrapolation to say that people openly criticizing the country's leader is analogous to russia,..."
Good old Russia or USSR did some extrememly stupid stuff as a government unfortantely and it was caused by their leader. As a result, the people revolted and fled throughout the world.
PsychoSnowman , i understand what your saying but it looks immature by some adults even who say things like " doesn't know what he's doing" , "lower class person with the IQ of 100 ", when many people dont understand that bush doesnt come up with any of these ideas he only decides. We cant crtizize about something he hasnt come up with such as the gov's ideas for forign policy or economics. There are other cabinets in the gov for that. I think we should more focus on bush's real decisions like us going to freakin war in weeks which can have an affect on many 18 years and up AHHH.!!.
"that is what we call blind patriotism. Base your judgements upon merit and action, not upon credential. Had the founding fathers of our country possessed the same mindset as you, this country would not have existed- had they ceased to question, and to dissent, and instead chose to "stick right with" King George, this republic would have never been founded." Im not going to give up the first amendment or anything, all i was saying is some people call G.Wbush2 "stupid" when its uncalled for. Of course the people have to have a say in the government or we wouldnt be here today hehe.
We have know idea how intelligent he actually is we have based mostly all our facts from the news and his speeches which we cant do to judge his intellegence. -cheesburgers

Old Post 02-17-2003 02:18 PM
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

quote:

so are you saying that everything he says he doesn't believe? I'm sure if he says something, he means it too. He follows others as well as what he believes... I don't think presidents are stupid enough to not make up their own mind as well as consider others'. I know you threw the "98.9% of the words that he says comes frm someone else" but still, he wouldn't follow through if he didn't agree with it.

quote:

so you're saying that everthing the president says we must follow? everything he does is correct? moral? the right move? and as David stated, anyone can be president.

quote:
We have know idea how intelligent he actually is we have based mostly all our facts from the news and his speeches which we cant do to judge his intellegence.

as I stated above, the president is smart enough to speak his mind as well as other's considerations. what he speaks, he believes... meaning, when he's on TV and says something, that brings up his personality. anyone could watch my movements and listen to what I say and know how I think.

overall, I still don't like Bush... I don't think he takes everything that has to do with a certain issue into consideration. His views are among rich and wealth... and infinities. No one can afford two huge issues at once.. and yet, try to throw in another issue for three... not even the US. I could rant and rant about the government, and the US but this thread isn't the right place. So, Bush isn't stupid... his announcements just aren't based upon reality and the affect of the future of the US.

Old Post 02-17-2003 06:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

well Ahny if u want 2 stick wit the leader of the country 2 death fine might as well go the full 9 yards and stick video cameras in people's houses and hav bar codes on our foreheads and hav the government run our lives. If u havnt noticed Bush is the president he doesnt make up all the things like u said but no one is makin him decide on things. he is the commander and chief he decides whether someone goes and stops from the departments that he is in control over.
and o yea ur comment on Russia to america r u blind? America=democratic, Good old Russia=communist. they had a dictator killing millions of his own people i dont really blame the people for tryin 2 kick his ass. america we hav the rite u kno y? the people voted him in we can get him out. its called democracy, power to the people.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 02-18-2003 12:35 AM
kryogenix
Ghost

People make fun of his accent. Bush's voice is probably one of the most ridiculed voices in the world. Also, i believe that people who disliked Bush Sr. carry on to Bush Jr.

Old Post 02-18-2003 01:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote