Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > Gays, Lesbians, Straights
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

Gays, Lesbians, Straights

Do you think that gays and lesbians are truly disgusting? Why? What is wrong with those who just have a different sex orientation? Share share share! I wanna know why people think that gays and lesbians are not good people....

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-23-2002 12:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jj2
JSL Member

well, if u think on religion terms...it's considered wrong cause God made man and woman for each other and ONLY each other. but personally...i have nothing against them...i mean, it's their life so why should i care? but i do get all 'eiffy' when i see a gay/lesbian couple but other than that, i'm all koo. hmm...i wonder if that makes me a 'bad' christian for saying all that... :huh:

Old Post 10-23-2002 07:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jj2 Click here to Send Jj2 a Private Message Find more posts by Jj2 Add Jj2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

hah, julie you were here when this thread got started near the beginning of jsl, there are newer people here now though, so it's all good i guess

it's all fine and great. I don't think it ok cause it's "their choice, so why should i care" though, (not singling you out jJ2, please don't think i am, cause i'm not i hear this everywhere), it doesn't matter even if it was their choice cause it's not bad at all. Anyway, it just doesn't matter cause there isn't anything wrong with it to begin with.

Like someone who never wears jeans, and wears sweatpants all the time. I really do think this is that stupid. Ok, so someone is wearing sweatpants...nothing wrong with that, someone is wearing jeans, nothing wrong with that either. Same with homosexuality and hetero-ness, i don't care it's as feeble a difference as my jean/sweat pants example. It doesn't matter even if it is their choice, there's nothing wrong with it to begin with.

I don't mind seeing them around in public, just like i don't mind seeing heterosexual couples out in public. I wish i saw it more often so the biggoting people of society would finally have to get used to it, and expand their small mind.

On a whole, i think homosexual people are nicer than heterosexual people. Yep, a generalization, but i'm sure people will agree.

I hope no one brings up the point about "as long as thye don't hit on me, it's cool." I think that's so lame, they aren't going to cause it's easy to sense homophobia cause people make it so apparent often. They aren't going to hit on you cause they can tell, and moreso...stop flattering yourself, as if every person of the same sex is going to hit on you. Yeah you didn't say that, but that's what it comes off as. If they do, be flattered. It's just like if you are a guy and this ugly girl or just a girl you don't like hits on you, do you think that is disgusting? probably not, or maybe so but not in the severity i hear homophobic people talk of it...ah.

That's why i don't like religion that much. It's so evil that it'd say homosexuality is bad, and generalize like that. Leviticus 18:22 . So, atheism for me . My own code, and not an evil one in my mind.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 10-23-2002 08:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

well... in my own opinion, because i am christian, i have strong feelings against it... im not going to say im okay with it because im not... but im not a person to bash on gay and lesbians... i'll tolerate, and i won't hold being gay or lesbian against anyone... to me there just people with a different sexual peference... its like being from a different country, just its something to be understood but not to be afraid of... this does not mean in anyway taht i condone homosexuality... i just see it as something to be tolerated and understood...

Old Post 10-24-2002 12:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jj2
JSL Member

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
it's all fine and great. I don't think it ok cause it's "their choice, so why should i care" though, (not singling you out jJ2, please don't think i am, cause i'm not i hear this everywhere)...

that's alright PsychoSnowman. didnt think u were

Old Post 10-24-2002 12:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jj2 Click here to Send Jj2 a Private Message Find more posts by Jj2 Add Jj2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

as long as they don't hit on me, im cool with them.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 10-24-2002 12:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jj2
JSL Member

Old Post 10-24-2002 12:57 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
as long as they don't hit on me, im cool with them.

ahh, spite! hahaha

-Cromwell

Old Post 10-24-2002 01:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
XxAzNViPeRBoIxX
:GeNeRaShUn:

ur like askin us who we want to see havin sex
well not no gay guy
of course lez

Old Post 10-26-2002 05:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for XxAzNViPeRBoIxX Click here to Send XxAzNViPeRBoIxX a Private Message Find more posts by XxAzNViPeRBoIxX Add XxAzNViPeRBoIxX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by XxAzNViPeRBoIxX
ur like askin us who we want to see havin sex

no shes not. what are you talking about

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 10-26-2002 05:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jj2
JSL Member

i'm just as confused as u r

Old Post 10-26-2002 10:47 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

haha, i got it. reread it like 5 times and you might get it. It's the normal biggoting view of heterosexuals saying "yeah i want to see girls get it on but not guys" and then proclaiming "no no i'm not gay!". You know accentuating ones masculinity by saying they like two girls getting it on. He just couldn't convey it what he meant properly. And, that he's completely misinterpreting the topic and everything haha. It's not even about who people want to see have sex....where did you get that from?

-Cromwell

Old Post 10-26-2002 05:04 PM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
And, that he's completely misinterpreting the topic and everything haha. It's not even about who people want to see have sex....where did you get that from?

exactly...haha

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 10-27-2002 01:42 AM
aznkid1008
God is my judge

being a christian i am against it. on personal terms im not sure. i mean a very very large amount of the gay population dont just sit down and decide "im goin to be gay". its from like abuse, no social life, etc. something that isnt right that pushed them off the cliff but not 2 "insanity" but made them gay. so is being gay being mentally unstable? its from the same causes that cause other mental diseases. yea i think its wrong but i also think its not always somethin that they hav control over.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 10-27-2002 04:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

queerness is not a mental illness.

Old Post 10-27-2002 04:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
az0nd2r3

as a Christian, i see it as plainly wrong.....but if i kno someone is gay/lesbian, i dont really care, bcuz it is none of my business n hatin sumone is wrong too

i also have heard several discussions on gays/lesbians, n one thing i remember said that there is no excuse for homosexuality....it is a choice no matter what....so then from the Christian perspective, it is sin, that the wrong choice was made....im also not an expert in debating these issues....i would have to ask sumone else lyk my pastor or sumtin for more info on exactly why

Old Post 10-27-2002 08:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for az0nd2r3 Click here to Send az0nd2r3 a Private Message Find more posts by az0nd2r3 Add az0nd2r3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by az0nd2r3
as a Christian, i see it as plainly wrong.....but if i kno someone is gay/lesbian, i dont really care, bcuz it is none of my business n hatin sumone is wrong too

i also have heard several discussions on gays/lesbians, n one thing i remember said that there is no excuse for homosexuality....it is a choice no matter what....so then from the Christian perspective, it is sin, that the wrong choice was made....im also not an expert in debating these issues....i would have to ask sumone else lyk my pastor or sumtin for more info on exactly why

I'd like to see what happens between you and a homosexual when you tell them that it's their "choice."...I don't think they'd agree with you. haha. (I know you're not an expert, just saying)

I think hating anything, even if not a person, is wrong. In the words of jin:

"Besides, hating is bad for your health." -Jin hah, not that great but it's right.

-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 10-27-2002 at 04:02 PM

Old Post 10-27-2002 12:51 PM
saranghae

quote:
Originally posted by Jj2
well, if u think on religion terms...it's considered wrong cause God made man and woman for each other and ONLY each other. but personally...i have nothing against them...i mean, it's their life so why should i care? but i do get all 'eiffy' when i see a gay/lesbian couple but other than that, i'm all koo. hmm...i wonder if that makes me a 'bad' christian for saying all that... :huh:

exactly wut i was thinking.

Old Post 10-27-2002 09:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

a lot of you are saying, "as a christian... blah blah blah" but in the bible, doesn't is say that you should appreciate who you are and who others are because that's the way God created you/them? so basically, no one can help if they are either straight or gay so they should be appreciated as they are and not labeled as "wrong"...

oh yeah, I find it very distracting that people have to first be known as "gay" "lesbian" or "bi-sexual" before they are known personally... or when friends say things like, "I have a friend who is gay."

I mean, do people say, "I have a friend who is straight." ? so why do we bring these things up like that?

Old Post 10-27-2002 09:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

some historical context here:

When the bible was being written, the population of hebrews was both small and was drastically being depleted through war with neighbors. Solution? Hetero-procreation. In order to reproduce with a very limited amount of peoeple, you can not condone a bunch of homosexuals running around, you need all the baby-making power you can get.

This is an explanation on why gays and homosexuals were indicted in the bible.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 10-28-2002 12:36 AM