Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > TV and Movies > Mulholland dr.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
xenno

Mulholland dr.

This movie was crazy.. who ever saw this movie. please explain or try to explain the movie...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-20-2002 03:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xenno Click here to Send xenno a Private Message Find more posts by xenno Add xenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Babu2002

what the heck? Never even heard of it, yo!

Old Post 05-21-2002 06:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Babu2002 Click here to Send Babu2002 a Private Message Find more posts by Babu2002 Add Babu2002 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yurigoodu

yeah i thought it was really confusing... but i think the end is reality (when rita is camille and betty is diane) and everything before it was a dream.

Old Post 05-26-2002 04:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for yurigoodu Find more posts by yurigoodu Add yurigoodu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

well im sorry to say but this is my first david lynch movie to i've ever watched!! i was afraid to watch david lynch movies mainly because i was afraid that my interpretations would be wayyyy off.. because really there is no one way to interpret his movies... but im glad i watched this movie.. here's what i got from the movie

its obvious what david lynch is trying to say.. HOLLYWOOD IS FAKE.... ITS HORRIBLE.. AND ITS NOT THAT GREATTT.. i think that was his main point.. now having said that.. lets get into specifics

of course there were two halves of the movie.. first half and second half.. by the end of the box scene is where the movie touches upon the supernatural .. so obviously thats where the movie splits... first half of the movie ? what does it mean? well i hear it was a dream sequence by (the blond woman) .. i've also heard arguments that it could be the reality half and the second half of the movie could be dream sequence.. but it would make more sense if the first half was adream sequence.. and it supports what i think was the point of the movie..

there were lots of metaphors and symbolism... check for it.. colors... bullheads skull.. stuff like that...

david lynch fools you by thinking the first half was the brunettes story.. establishing who's story is vital in storytelling.. i've learned that in my classes when writing a screen play for a movie.. and somehow david lynch does a good job breaking that rule.. shifting ffrom the brunettes story to the blonde's.. i loved that.. established a solid line seperating each story.. he did it in so many wayz.. noticed how things moved sooooooo slowthe first half? .. i was about to fall asleeep..

david lynch is just amazing.. must watch his other movies..

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 06-19-2002 06:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NaRa JjAnG
i wanna be tetris champ

it was such an confusing movie...i didn't get it the first tym i saw it

www.xanga.com/choi127

Old Post 06-20-2002 12:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for NaRa JjAnG Click here to Send NaRa JjAnG a Private Message Find more posts by NaRa JjAnG Add NaRa JjAnG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote