Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Cars > fast and furious....
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
annabanana
Food Moderator

fast and furious....

"The Fast and the Furious" was an aspiring movie. I just got a '97 Acura Integra a couple months ago, and i was wondering, does anybody know where i can go, or what to do in order to transform my car into a suped-up rice cooker?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-21-2002 06:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

my brother got a GSR.. ask me and i'll tell u

to make it a true ricer put lotsa stickers on that shit..

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 04-21-2002 10:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flostar

that movie goes in the hall of fame of wack movies ever.
truely does not portray what racing is about. its an hour n half of cliches.

Old Post 04-24-2002 12:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for flostar Click here to Send flostar a Private Message Visit flostar's homepage! Find more posts by flostar Add flostar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

wack races?? hmm.. i kinda disagree...

let's see.. in film and tv we've seen pretty generic races. In random mind and in no particular order ive seen the badboy steve mcqueen races, james bond shootem up while you ride races, the charlie sheen "the wraith" races, the dukes of hazard races, the "gone in 60 seconds" race, the knight rider races, the A-team races, the typical San Francisco catching air for 10 seconds off an insane hill races and etc so forth and so on

i think Rob Cohen did an excellent job. Staying true to the culture and lifestyle of street racers and having a dramatic arc in a movie is in my p.o.v. very difficult. Originally he went "from a sportsmovie - who's gonna win the big race? to making a life style movie about a new tribal culture in urban centres." i think he did a good job picking the latter because the whole sportsmovie has been done to death and bugs the hell outta me.

He also hung out with illegal street racers, drank some beers with them and their gf's (assuming they're boy racers d=P) and used a lot of them in the movie.. true director

The story was kinda familiar wasnt it? the whole idea was a total ripoff of "Point Break" which was an excellent movie.

But the only thing that held this movie, aside from the cool looking cars and baddass Vin Diesel, was the cinematography and action sequences in the races. More in particular the first race. personally i've taken storyboarding classes and coming up with new ideas and angles is difficult. to make it all work is hard and is even harder to shoot them. But i have seen storyboards for that first race on the DVD and i must tell u.. i was very very impressed by how determined he was to get all of the sequences. They're not the easiest thing to do. I know there was a lot of CGI / Bluescreen n stuff like that but he managed to make it look flawless. Three scenes that stick out in my mind in that one race alone.
1. The turbo spool. How do you explain visually what a turbo does? the whole shot where it goes into the turbo, thru the rotary, out the exhaust and wheel spinning was such an innovative shot.
2. they did it again with the NOS... if anybody have tried NOS(i have) Its addicting. Especially if you dunno how it works it gives you a good visual description of what it looks like.
3. Again with the NOS.. HOw do you shoot perception of increasing speed? Thats where i appreciated that shot where paul walkers character increases his speed and his vision is distorted. Very innnovative.

yeah this story was kind of a mess.. The acting sucked.. Some of the cars were a lil cheasy. But if you truly love cars.. are you going to tell me it wasnt entertaining? where else can u see an RX-7 go head to head against a civic, integra and Eclipse all at the same time going 140 mph.. unless u go to illegals (which i dont) then i think it did a good job portraying a street race as much as hollywood can. NOt some cheasy James Bond Chase or a Gone In 60 second race. Again.. movie making is always a question of not selling out(staying true to your art) and making money.. very fine line.. but people hop back n forth all the time. So you are right flo.. you might say its not a true racing movie because we dont hijack truckers.. but as far as a hollywood director with a hollywood studio paying them millions to make a film about the Xgeneration and their silly florouscent cars... i think it did a damn good job. -me

KeN VeRsUs RyU has attached this image:

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 04-24-2002 02:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

Re: fast and furious....

quote:
Originally posted by annabanana
"The Fast and the Furious" was an aspiring movie. I just got a '97 Acura Integra a couple months ago, and i was wondering, does anybody know where i can go, or what to do in order to transform my car into a suped-up rice cooker?

well, if you want to go the cheap and quick way for horsepower, i guess you can go NoS. just dont use it so many times, fucks up ur engine. but if you are going to put time and money into ur car, get a integra ls or type r engine. put some modded headers, camshaft and etc.

on the other hand, if you want ur car to be rice [my definition of rice: looking like it can race, but cant], just go www.andysautosport.com . they have an adequate selection of car kits, but i'm hoping you wont take this choice of decision. i will laugh if your car gets beaten by mazda protege

Old Post 04-24-2002 04:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

quote:
Originally posted by flostar
that movie goes in the hall of fame of wack movies ever.
truely does not portray what racing is about. its an hour n half of cliches.

I agree... Nothing to really do with racing... and besides, it's got a lame plot to it... It's really just about theft... grrr... and I expected more racing...

I mean, the cars were tiaght and all but, the plot just wasn't good...

Old Post 04-24-2002 06:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

Ken, I disagree with you on quite a few points.

In one of the engine shots that you spoke of, the one of an rx7..
the engine wasnt rotary. Unfortunately, rx7's are rotary.

Also, motec doesnt make exhausts.

a 5 minute race @ 130mph would take miles of empty street.

You cannot pull the handbrake while both hands are on the steering wheel, and like wise, you cant do an ebrake turn by sharply turning the wheel.

You cannot wheelstand and burn out at the same time.

A honda civic will never fit under a truck.

That ferrari would have torn the supra a new one.

At one point, Ja Rule looks under the hood and says "This fools got enough nitrous to blow himself up" Unfortunately, you do not keep the bottles of nitrous under the hood, so ja rule might has noticed the wet works kit.. but he couldnt have know how much boost the car was pushing.

There was a comment about "non double clutching"

Except in cars with synchromesh (all of those cars had it, I guarentee you)

You dont need to double clutch, and by doing so.. you would slow down while shifting, as the clutch would be held in for longer.

Volcom, nitrous wont fuck up your engine ...unless you're using a shot larger than your engine can handle. In which case, it wont "fuck up your engine" it will melt shit. Also, there is no such thing as a "type-R" engine. Type R means, that it has performance racing parts.

h-o-n-d-a-k-i-d-d-i-e-s

Old Post 04-25-2002 03:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

i said all that shit?? i just mentioned how it wasnt the wackest races ever.. i know all that stuff

you make valid points prototype.. so which part do you disagree then? i dont remember mentioning anything about motec's products or how a ferrari can beat a supra.. its all movies people.. the story would be pretty boring if it didnt have any of those things in the movie.. its all part of the story folks.. believe me.. all movies are exxagerated.. why do you think they are narrative movies not documentaries.. if i was to make the documentary i would be the first to include all those facts prototype mentioned.. but its all for entertainment.. not for the expert street racer to bitch about little technical stuff that hollywood has forget to put in or take out.. its all a story people..

but then the original post was how ana wanted a fast and furious integra.. like i said.. buy some stickers baby..

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 04-26-2002 03:10 PM
Prototype

"i think Rob Cohen did an excellent job. "

it was actually that line.

The movie was horribly researched, in all.. it's a big dirty stain against everyone who races.

If you've ever been to real street races, usually it's only a quarter.. not one has cars with 50k of mods.

and usually the domestics rape.

I once saw a stock 99 civic si get owned by a white and black taxi.

Old Post 04-26-2002 03:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kap

i thought movie was ok. at first, i was like everyone else saying omg thats so gay. but if you think about it, if it showed how real racing was, the movie wouldnt be a movie, or atleast a fun one. in order for movies to be movies, you must twist some things around. like someone said, a 5 min race 140mph, well yea, but to have all the action you have to have it 5 min. you would just watch a 10 sec race insted then? cmon, its a MOVIE! if you dont like it, go download some illegal streetracing crap with cheap ass cars.

on the other hand, after fnf, many "new" racers or whatever are trying to be like fnf, which is not real. fast n furious is a MOVIE! MOVIEMOVIEMOVIE! but yet people try to act like the people on fnf and lotta new people have tried to fix up their rides. anyways, if you dont like the movie, whatever. i thought it was pretty entertaining, yet i do not think of fnf as reality.

Old Post 04-26-2002 03:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kap Click here to Send Kap a Private Message Find more posts by Kap Add Kap to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gaeko

I can't believe I have friends who believe that all of those cars are 10 second cars...sheezy my ass. I still think the supra could take the ferrari if the supra was modded out. Ferrari has gobs of torque and displacement which help most with top end. I'm sure that supra would be set for quarter mile speeds and should be able to take the ferrari. Then again the supra can't go 200 mph...

Old Post 04-26-2002 03:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gaeko Click here to Send gaeko a Private Message Find more posts by gaeko Add gaeko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

Ferrari spyders do 0-60 in like 3.9 seconds, they top out at like 220..

That supra wouldnt have come close.

Old Post 04-26-2002 04:24 PM
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

then blame RJ DEVERA.. who was the technical consultant for anything that had to do with the cars on the movie.. if you know racing.. you know his name.. im sure he disagreed with a lot of technical aspects of racing in the movie.. maybe his name shouldnt even be associated with the movie.. but y'know what.. i stand by what i said when i said rob cohen (50 something year old man who's done movies like 'the skulls') has done an excellent job researching.. for a director directing such a movie like this is always tough.. you have to worry about incorporating the culture, the people behind it and all the facts about these cars.. when i said he did a good job i think he did as much as he can trying to learn and incorporate the culture into fictional characters.. and displaying that on the big screen will always infuriate some hardcore fans.. thats like with anything.. i'm talkin about the racing scenes in itself as a director p.o.v. .. you guys are just talkin about the cars and all the knitty gritty things.. ii dunno what else to say

im shooting a movie with a blind woman and a doctor.. i dont have a blind walking stick.. i bought a plastic cane and wrapped red tape around the end of it.. is it a real walking stick? nope.. maybe some blind people might have some trouble accepting the plastic cane as a 'real' walking stick.. and they might even have trouble believing my actress is blind.. does that affect my movie? i hope not.. as long the props, the story is understood and i (as a director) do a good job conveying my point to the audience.. then why do i need a real walking stick or a real blind woman?
get my drift?>

maybe if i had milllions of dollars to spend on a walkin stick d=)

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 04-26-2002 04:37 PM
gaeko

I kno I'm a total nerd for doin this, but supercars.net says a 360 spyder does 60 in 5 seconds and a quarter mile in mid 12's. It is entirely possible for a supra to take the ferrari. I've seen a video with a supra racing a F40 and won. Also, Ken Vs. Ryu, i agree with your comments...it'll be the hardcore guys dissapointed, but I kno that the general public enjoyed it. Hahahha, doing 160 on a street and having a shit load of room to do it is ridiculous, but hey, its entertainment. i actually enjoyed the movie even tho everything in it was pretty much unrealistic, hahahah.

Old Post 04-26-2002 08:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gaeko Click here to Send gaeko a Private Message Find more posts by gaeko Add gaeko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flostar

ken vs ryu...its more of your opinion that u say that the director did a good job on portraying the culture. none of that non sense in that movie is what real street racers do. As every other car enthusiast out there say, "Fast n Furious is a just a stupid big hour n half commercial for NOS".
peace.

Old Post 04-28-2002 07:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for flostar Click here to Send flostar a Private Message Visit flostar's homepage! Find more posts by flostar Add flostar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

quote:
Originally posted by Prototype
Volcom, nitrous wont fuck up your engine ...unless you're using a shot larger than your engine can handle. In which case, it wont "fuck up your engine" it will melt shit. Also, there is no such thing as a "type-R" engine. Type R means, that it has performance racing parts.

type r engine [civic - b16b / integra - b18c5]
you hafta be so technical.

fuck up ur engine/ melt...same difference...cause it'll just mess it up. (and of course it wont mess it up, too lazy to go into detail. but since you have to get technical)

Old Post 04-28-2002 08:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

flo you live in ny right? i live in ny too... im in cali right now for school.. you say none of that is what real street racers do?
i will be the first to say the culture in ny and cali is very different.. racing is racing no matter where you go... you can get the same parts 4 ur car there and here.. but believe me.. its different here... wayyyy different..
and like i said.. its just a movie..
and for this thread.. i would like to hear some more ideas of how the movie coulda been better in every aspect.. art direction, cars, acting, props.. and you can't just say "cuz it was an hour and half commercial for NOS".. that doesnt really say anything at all.. specifics is what i wanna know.. (helps me because i seem to have tunnel vision for this movie.. if i wanna be a director for anything i wanna hear some critique's)

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 04-29-2002 02:07 PM
flostar

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
flo you live in ny right? i live in ny too... im in cali right now for school.. you say none of that is what real street racers do?
i will be the first to say the culture in ny and cali is very different.. racing is racing no matter where you go... you can get the same parts 4 ur car there and here.. but believe me.. its different here... wayyyy different..
and like i said.. its just a movie..
and for this thread.. i would like to hear some more ideas of how the movie coulda been better in every aspect.. art direction, cars, acting, props.. and you can't just say "cuz it was an hour and half commercial for NOS".. that doesnt really say anything at all.. specifics is what i wanna know.. (helps me because i seem to have tunnel vision for this movie.. if i wanna be a director for anything i wanna hear some critique's)

yeah youre definately right. and i am aware of the difference in the racing scenes/cultures of here and the spacious and more populated cali. i know the fast n furious is just a movie, but what irritates me and every other "enthusiasts" out there is, the now fast n furious influenced kids think, NOS is the only way to go...etc....u know what im gettin at right? besides that i thought it was an entertainin movie to a point.

Old Post 04-30-2002 03:30 PM
Prototype

Oh, and dirt bikes cannot outrun ANY car.

even a geo metro could run one down...

and that's a 3 cylinder POS.

[yes 3 cylinders, inline 3... crap -_-.]

Old Post 05-01-2002 01:15 AM
True Life

quote:
Originally posted by flostar

besides that i thought it was an entertainin movie to a point.

BITCH, I THOUGHT YOU DIDNT SPEND A CENT TO SEE THAT MOVIE

Old Post 05-01-2002 05:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for True Life Click here to Send True Life a Private Message Find more posts by True Life Add True Life to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote