Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Sports and Fitness > Tennis Racquets
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
merdawg
: My Avatar is So CUTE :

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix
i use a Head Ti.Carbon. I wish i had a Ti. S2, but mine's will do. oh yeah, jusun's on the tennis team if you didn't know already.

haha..nice nice. is jusun on Varsity? that would be hot if he was. haha. tzee vs nyack April 21st at Independence Park. everyone try to go.

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-17-2003 10:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

quote:
Originally posted by merdawg
haha..nice nice. is jusun on Varsity? that would be hot if he was. haha. tzee vs nyack April 21st at Independence Park. everyone try to go.

That's funny - I haven't seen Jusun at one tennis practice nor is he on the roster. If he wants to play he better come.
But then again - coming to school is a trial for him.

Old Post 03-17-2003 11:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

quote:

yeah ill be there!! !!!!!1111

Old Post 03-23-2003 04:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

After researching on that website I bought a Wilson HyperHammer 6.2 - so thanks for the link.

Old Post 03-23-2003 03:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

The older prostaffs, in my opinion, are very good tennis rackets.
However, if you are looking for a relatively light rackety, with a large head, this is not the racket for you.

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Old Post 03-29-2003 06:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

10 yr old Prince CTS Approach, it's pretty heavy but it's good.

Old Post 03-30-2003 11:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

quote:
Originally posted by merc
The older prostaffs, in my opinion, are very good tennis rackets.
However, if you are looking for a relatively light rackety, with a large head, this is not the racket for you.

doesnt sampras use the prostaff?
i've tried using one that was weighted and i couldnt play. that thing is so heavy.

Props To Huby

Old Post 03-31-2003 12:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merdawg

quote:
Originally posted by sangxjin
doesnt sampras use the prostaff?
i've tried using one that was weighted and i couldnt play. that thing is so heavy.

sampras has the old school prostaff 6.0

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Old Post 03-31-2003 01:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
sampras has the old school prostaff 6.0

Hey let's play, meet up sometime and play a match or just hit.

Old Post 03-31-2003 03:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merdawg

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
Hey let's play, meet up sometime and play a match or just hit.

april 21st. nyack @ tzee. we'll meet and play there. wat position do u play?

Old Post 03-31-2003 11:35 AM
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
april 21st. nyack @ tzee. we'll meet and play there. wat position do u play?

Beats the hell out of me, damn cesspool.

Old Post 04-01-2003 01:53 AM
k M i n G

sang... do u like heavier or lighter racquets nad head heavy and head light balance..
head light racquets are control oriented and head heavy are more on the power side

i use head i.prestige midplus with kirschbaum smash 17 mains and babolat vs.team 15 crosses strung at 62

plus i lead my racquet like a mad man

4 layers in handle 2 on both side and

i had it all custom done by head.. its about 14 1/2 ounces...

I'll take pics when i have time

Last edited by k M i n G on 04-08-2003 at 07:49 PM

Old Post 04-08-2003 07:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for k M i n G Click here to Send k M i n G a Private Message Find more posts by k M i n G Add k M i n G to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
k M i n G

if the 200G was too heavy and did not create enuff power for you u wont have any luck with the prestige... one of the best racquets in the market now is the babolat pure drive team... its light has a head light feel and is made purely for baseliners... iprestige is a more serve and volley aracquet as well as the 200G. With racquets like the prestige, the yonex tour 1 and the volkl c10, you have to create your own power (oh yea the 200G too). If they were too heavy for you, i reccomend either the Head I.Tour, Babolat Pure Drive or Pure Drive +, Volkl Tour 8, or a Dunlop 300G. Keep in mind that you can always customize your racquet by lets say dropping a few pounds on your tension or putting lead tape. Make sure you get your grip sized correctly and remember that the racquet should feel like an extension to your arm. The best way to choose a racquet is to go to a tennis shop and pick up 5-10 demos you are interested in. Hit with each for about 15 minutes and cut it down to the top 3. Then hit with each one for about 30 minutes and you'll have a feel about which one you liek the best. Head sent me about 6 racquets to demo before i went with the prestige. I don't think i will be changing soon, well not until they come out with a newer model prestige.

another question, do you consider your strokes long medium or short?

and one more: do you rely on your own strength or the racquet?

Old Post 04-08-2003 07:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for k M i n G Click here to Send k M i n G a Private Message Find more posts by k M i n G Add k M i n G to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kangg fu

hmmm

hmmm i kinda disagree because im using the prestige mid right now and i love it...and im a baseliner..and alot of pros who are baseliners use this racket...haha actually flat out ALOT of pros have this racket...but doesnt mean that it is for every1 obviously...but the prestige is a great racket...control is amazing

Old Post 04-09-2003 10:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kangg fu Click here to Send kangg fu a Private Message Find more posts by kangg fu Add kangg fu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
k M i n G

no none of the pros use the new prestige...
they use the prestige classic painted... i have one of kuerten racquets its painted like a new one...

the i.prestige is a all around racquet.. the mid is made more for serve and volleyers, the mid-plus is all around- and the mid-plus xtra long (1/2 inch longer) is made for big servers... my head rep told me cuz i was contemplating which one i wanted

the prestige is made specifically for control, not power u have to generate all ur own power....

i remember hitting with a babolat pure drive +... gosh.. my serves felt like they had 15 more hp on em ... but none of my groundies went in...

i mean it all depends on whose using the racquet

Last edited by k M i n G on 04-10-2003 at 07:18 AM

Old Post 04-10-2003 07:15 AM
kangg fu

i dunno man

yo trust me the pros are using the new i.prestige...why would they paint it like the new one? it clearly looks like the new one on tape and also if you go to tennis-warehouse.com it shows you some pros that use the raquet

Old Post 04-11-2003 03:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kangg fu Click here to Send kangg fu a Private Message Find more posts by kangg fu Add kangg fu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kangg fu

o yeah even head.com shows you man...and i dont think they would do that just to boost sales or something i mean come on

Old Post 04-11-2003 03:45 AM
k M i n G

check out the butt cap of their racquets.. its the old style prestige.. its all painted... they all use the classic prestige or the pro tour 280, and agassi still uses the radical tour (the yellow and black one)... the reps told me.... a pro cant change racquets that often cuz once they use one they get too used to it. It is way too difficult for a pro to change.... they are just promoting the new products. If you dont believe me... next time look at the butt cap on agassi's racquet or kuertens racquet... you'll see its the old style head butt caps, not the new intelligence ones. Of course tennis-warehouse and head would say they use the new ones, because they want to sell the new product. I have a kuerten racquet with me from indian wells and its clearly not a I.Prestige. The grommet is slightly different (the classic style) and its outfitted with the original leather grip (which they stopped making in 95) plus it has the old style butt cap. A lot of pros do that, haas still uses the old 200G, hewiitt uses the RD-7, Roddick still uses the Pure Drive original (its justed painted like a team), venus and serena still use the classic hyper carbons, hingis still uses the Super RQ Ti 700, wut else, Sampras's new tour 90 is a painted 6.0 and so on. Pros cant just switch racquets if they've been playing with them for so long. It's like learning how to play left handed for you. Head is just doing this to boost sales on new product. Go pick up a prestige classic some day and hit with it, then you'll realize why the pros stiill use it over the i.prestige. My friend thats sponsered by babolat uses the Babolat Pure Control Std, but babolat sends him painted Pure Control TEAM midpluses... its all about promoting the new products. I talk to head reps so trust me i know what im talking about, and even if you were right, their racquets are weighted soo heavily that it would feel nothing like a normal classic prestige or an i.prestige. Pros dont just go to a store and buy a racquet string it up and hit with it. They get them sent directly from the company tottaly stripped, sometimes without even a handle (sampras does it like that) and then they go to their master racquet technicians, pop it on a DRC machine and completely customize their own racquet. When i'm sent a racquet from head, im sent one without a grip at all so i can lead base it. My racquet is completely differerent then a normal i.prestige. lets take pete sampras for instance, he is so specific about his racquets, that he HAS to use the original ST.VINCENT produced original 6.0's.... he doenst use any of the new 6.0's that you can buy in a store. He claims that they feel completely different.

Last edited by k M i n G on 04-11-2003 at 04:38 AM

Old Post 04-11-2003 04:27 AM
kangg fu

wow

that is some crazy stuff..and i just checked out this tennis magazine and guga had the old grip showing so yeah...but what about marat safin? i guess him too huh? do you think the older one is much better than the i.prestige? if so is there any way i can try it or something? cuz it seems like a pretty freaking good racket since so many people use it...and yeah i knew the pros get it custom made like crazy and their rackets must way a crap load more than the ones in stores cuz the pros are so strong and hit to hard...where do u recomment putting lead tape? you obviously know what you're talking about and im sorry if i sounded like a dick..i bow down.... i have the i.prestige mid right now and it seems pretty good i like it alot but what do u personally think of the racket? and who is your favorite tennis player? and what type of backhand? one or two? i am a tennis finatic and i love talking about tennis...what is ure rating also? u seem really really good and would undoubtedly kick my ass...

Old Post 04-11-2003 05:02 AM
k M i n G

haha its ok... the iprestige and the prestige classic are the same thing.... its just that the iprestige is way more forgiving on off-center hits then the original... the original has a sweetspot about the size of your buttcap lol so it requires like perfect accuracy. I have lead under my grip in the handle for the head light feel and also along the side of my racquet to make my sweetspot bigger. I'm a pretty small guy so the lead helps me get my balls deeper. I have no NTRP, but i think if i got rated i'd be about 5.0-5.5. I'm a junior tournament player actually. I used to be ranked top 30 in 14's but now my ranking sucks now because i just turned 15 in november and 16 tennis is way different than 14's so im changing my whole topspin game to more of a power and dictating style to cause some more damage. I play 2 hands on both sides actually only letting go on volleys, slices and overheads, but im a right. You can say im pretty unique. MY favorite player would probably be Agassi because of his intensity on court, and once momentum switches to his side, its not going to go back to his opponent. I'll post some picutres of my racquets to show you where to lead. About trying the prestige classic, its a very rare racquet so i doubt your local store has it. Your best bet would probably be looking for retailers around your area that carry older models.. the back of the tennis magazine might be helpful... or try Ebay. Once you hit with the classic you'll realize that u need to have pinpoint accuracy.. which i yet to achieve haha. Its a good stick but i mean the i.prestige already requires a great deal of muscle behind it... while the prestige classic requires too much for me to handle. Its a L7 swing rating compared to the i.prestige's L6. I actually used the I.Prestige Midsize for about 4 months but i realized that it required too much energy for me to use, especially going to a three setter. The midplus has worked miracles for me and i dont think i have hit with such a great racquet before. If you are interested in the old midplus model, its called the Pro Tour 280 (its purple and black). Im not sure where you would be able to find these racquets but best of luck. Feel free to im me on AIM at kming05 or email me at kming05@hotmail.com if you have any questions.

Last edited by k M i n G on 04-11-2003 at 06:40 AM

Old Post 04-11-2003 06:34 AM